Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Does all of Wormwood's lunar guardian skills transfer to a Beefalo? I've been playing around with Wormwood openings and I've been trying to do a beefalo-less opening. I find WW to be a lot more difficult to play without a beef or jelly beans. That said I never got his lunar alignment skills before because I didn't kill CC in my runs with him but now I am doing that or playing with rifts open. There's just so much synergy with a beefalo namely the massive blue mushroom farms and sleepy shrooms you can make and not to mention his bramble husk works. 

I'm trying to calculate his max DPS on a war beefalo so my question is which of his skills transfers on his beefalo. 

• Bramble Husk:   
  • Lunar alignment damage: ?
  • Lunar guardian I:  
  • Lunar Guardian II: ? 

So with the new bramble armor and assuming yes on lunar guardian 2:    (66 + 9 (new bramble armor) * 2) + 33 (LG2) + 40 (2 salamanders). Something like this. 

Also anyone have any tips on combat off the beef? I do kite, but also have bad latency on a console. I've never ever had a problem vs deerclops with any other character but WW. I haven't died to normal deerclops since probably a month after I started playing until I used WW (wearing bramble armor + a brightshade helm). I thought I could just stand there and tank but didn't happen xD. That said I didn't use any healing items and probably would've been fine with just a marble suit. I'm curious if this happens versus the easiest seasonal boss with WW's best gear then should I be fighting with crowns instead? 

2 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Does all of Wormwood's lunar guardian skills transfer to a Beefalo?

• Lunar Guardian II: Yeah, when you use a Bshade sword/shovel/pick while mounted on a beef, his attacks will have a chance to spawn the vines.
4 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Also anyone have any tips on combat off the beef? I do kite, but also have bad latency on a console. I've never ever had a problem vs deerclops with any other character but WW. I haven't died to normal deerclops since probably a month after I started playing until I used WW (wearing bramble armor + a brightshade helm). I thought I could just stand there and tank but didn't happen xD. That said I didn't use any healing items and probably would've been fine with just a marble suit. I'm curious if this happens versus the easiest seasonal boss with WW's best gear then should I be fighting with crowns instead? 

I mean, now that he has the bramble husk perk, you are rewarded for kiting and avoiding unnecessary hits. Since you are on console and wormwood has a movement speed bonus, you can always run away one attack earlier, or just attack and do a step back.

Also, even on his "Strongest" build, he is not meant to tank, as you spend too much time on the being hit animation and it resets the three hit thing on his bramble husk.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 7:41 PM, Mike23Ua said:

which other bosses would it be useable on?

Moose and the Terror eyes stay still taking the hits if you lure them far enough away from their spawn points. The most value from loading and aiming the cannon yourself would likely come from Moslings.

1 hour ago, Valase said:
  • Lunar Guardian II: Yeah, when you use a Bshade sword/shovel/pick while mounted on a beef, his attacks will have a chance to spawn the vines.

I mean, now that he has the bramble husk perk, you are rewarded for kiting and avoiding unnecessary hits. Since you are on console and wormwood has a movement speed bonus, you can always run away one attack earlier, or just attack and do a step back.

Also, even on his "Strongest" build, he is not meant to tank, as you spend too much time on the being hit animation and it resets the three hit thing on his bramble husk.

This is interesting because it means besides Wendy WW is the only other character I can think of which gives you a direct damage perk while riding a beefalo. I really do think then that getting an ornery war beefalo might be the way to play WW. You don't waste weapons or helms early on, and even later on you save a ton of healing and weapon / armor durability. You can easily amass a blue mushroom farm (which goes nicely with sleepy shrooms when tanking with a beef) and his bramble and lunar guardians transfer over. With the amount of health alone that you save you could amass more bramble traps to diversify your offence. 

10 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

This is interesting because it means besides Wendy WW is the only other character I can think of which gives you a direct damage perk while riding a beefalo. I really do think then that getting an ornery war beefalo might be the way to play WW. You don't waste weapons or helms early on, and even later on you save a ton of healing and weapon / armor durability. You can easily amass a blue mushroom farm (which goes nicely with sleepy shrooms when tanking with a beef) and his bramble and lunar guardians transfer over. With the amount of health alone that you save you could amass more bramble traps to diversify your offence. 

I'm currently doing a wormwood/beefalo run with all of those perks (except the brightshade gear ones), and I must say it is kinda okayish, it is good to not have to worry about healing nor blooming, but Its not like Wormwood struggles with Dark sword materials or armor (since you use less pigskin on average), but I must say, it is great to make those beefalo treats with a random weed that you planted on day three, I made about 10 of them in one batch and another 5 later, they over-lasted a trip to the ruins, a fight with Klaus and a fight with ancient guardian.

But his saladmander and his lunar shroom perks ended up apearing too late for me (bad RNG with the seeds and I only found the lunar grotto on summer). So I think that I'm downplaying it a bit.

Now for the question:

Does anyone know how long the "friendship" with a repaired clockwork lasts?

I tried to use them to help in clearing other clockworks, but after some time an "allied" knight just forgot that I was his friend. (the bishops worked fine though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valase said:

I tried to use them to help in clearing other clockworks, but after some time an "allied" knight just forgot that I was his friend. (the bishops worked fine though)

I thought they were permanent but kind of just... hate you when you attack other clockworks.

They shouldn't turn on you imo...

Edited by Juanasdf

18 hours ago, Valase said:

Been testing this but it doesn't seem to work. I think they patched this out. I'm om the Nintendo Switch and I've been testing versus a punching bag and actual monsters. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Riddle Me This! Why in a Survival game is so much of its content optional & In fact not actually vital to your survival at all? :wilson_goodjob:

b/c DST is designed to be a more casual multiplayer experience where more advanced players can freely bring their newer friends along for a fun "together" session rather than needing to boot the noobs b/c they're inting.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Valase said:

Technically an infinite amount of time.

They are just generally really buggy. Knights get mad if you fight other knights, Bishops never gain aggro from the clockworks they attack, sometimes (when they stop being friendly) they path towards some faraway place and get stuck on walls.

They need some developer attention real badly.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

b/c DST is designed to be a more casual multiplayer experience where more advanced players can freely bring their newer friends along for a fun "together" session rather than needing to boot the noobs b/c they're inting.

That would ONLY make sense if DST had only one difficulty mode, but it doesn’t.. it currently has like 5.

Survival mode needs to be changed so it’s an actual survival mode…

Endless needs to have all the stuff Klei is trying to currently shoehorn into survival mode..

Relaxed Mode doesn’t still need bosses with 27,500 Hp.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that Klei needs to optimize their game to give players a larger variety in play preferences.

There are world Gen settings to disable a resources regrowth.. but there isn’t a dedicated game mode where that is the rules.

For comparison sake when Minecraft gets its upcoming “Hardcore” mode- the player will no longer have the option to change the games difficulty or mob behavior settings.

• Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That would ONLY make sense if DST had only one difficulty mode, but it doesn’t.. it currently has like 5

What makes you think these are difficulty tiers?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That would ONLY make sense if DST had only one difficulty mode, but it doesn’t.. it currently has like 5.

Survival mode needs to be changed so it’s an actual survival mode…

Endless needs to have all the stuff Klei is trying to currently shoehorn into survival mode..

Relaxed Mode doesn’t still need bosses with 27,500 Hp.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that Klei needs to optimize their game to give players a larger variety in play preferences.

There are world Gen settings to disable a resources regrowth.. but there isn’t a dedicated game mode where that is the rules.

For comparison sake when Minecraft gets its upcoming “Hardcore” mode- the player will no longer have the option to change the games difficulty or mob behavior settings.

Dont starve has no difficulty settings, just gameplay settings. Endless is not an easier game, it’s just more forgiving when you die.

a “hardmode” could be fun, but we already have lights out as a hardmode (and you hate it if i recall correctly.

Here’s the thing, even if they added a hardcore mode, it would still be the same game underneath, they’re not going to remove content for a harder gamemode, it would likely just be settings to make the game harder, and spoiler alert, that probably means harder bosses more than it means less forgiving seasonal events.

the devs arent gonna do a 180 mike, idk why you expect them to.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Yuuko said:

What makes you think these are difficulty tiers?

Because relaxed mode makes you take 40% less damage from all sources, which include enemy attacks & weather damage, As well as full immunity to dying from Hunger or Darkness??

I mean, deny it all you want, but I’m pretty sure in most other video games that would qualify as a difficulty change.

And at one point- Resources did not regrow in Survival Mode, but they DID in Endless Mode…

I may not know everything about the games secrets or it’s bosses, but the one thing I do know and know extremely well, is those pretty little menus full of things you can change can & does.. alter the difficulty of the game.

Edited by Mike23Ua

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because relaxed mode makes you take 40% less damage from all sources, which include enemy attacks & weather damage, As well as full immunity to dying from Hunger or Darkness??

That's because relaxed mode is for players who aren't ready for those threaths. An experienced player will not be dying to hunger, darkness, weather or enemy attacks. It'd just make you use more heals from time to time. A "hardmode" setting in DST would require revamping enemies' AI to make them more aggressive / change their behavior completely. And altering recipes maybe, but that tends to be more annoying than difficult. Altering numbers wouldn't be enough.

EDIT: I thought you were asking for a hardmode setting nvm.

Edited by Juanasdf

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

These aren't difficulty settings, they are just world-gen presets.  You can pick any of these and still adjust things in world-gen.

2 hours ago, catboy3dsplayer said:

I'm new to using a dreadstone helmet and its self repairing nature. Would wearing a nightmare amulet help repair my helmet faster since my sanity is set to 0?

technically yes, since the repairing speed is inversely proportional to a player's sanity percentage

however, the -20 sanity drain is usually sufficient enough to keep you on the brink of insanity, and the repair speed actually gets a 1.5x multiplier if you wear both dreadstone helm and body armor simultaneously

Edited by lenship2
grammar

On 3/26/2024 at 11:34 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Riddle Me This! Why in a Survival game is so much of its content optional & In fact not actually vital to your survival at all? :wilson_goodjob:

Cuz it also happens to be a sandbox game

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DownloadADuck said:

Cuz it also happens to be a sandbox game

Actually it’s advertised as a survival game before it’s ever advertised as being sandbox.

And unless I’m very specifically fighting the games big bad bosses there isn’t an awful lot in DST that actively comes to challenge me.

And when I say that I’m comparing it to the likes of Minecraft, The Survivalists, 7 Days To Die, You know.. other sandbox survival games.

The most you’ll get with DST is a hound wave you KNOW is coming every 7th day, and a seasonal boss.

Klei is very much aware of that though… and that’s why the newer end game rift stuff has mobs that invade the world when a rift opens up.

I just wish that the survival content wasn’t locked so deeply behind an RPG Quest and Raid Bosses…

Please play the Survivalists.. in many ways it’s identical to DST, with the key differences being- A much more hostile world full of things that actually DO hate you & want you Dead, Temples and dungeons full of traps & puzzles, and probably most importantly.. intelligent A.I. Followers that can record what they player does and copy it, and I do literally mean any action you can do… you can train your followers to do.

And that just makes me really sad when I think about Wurt. Florp..

• Wavey 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually it’s advertised as a survival game before it’s ever advertised as being sandbox.

That doesn't remove the fact that it's still a sandbox game. That factor is even present in Solo DS and it's DLCs

Trying to tunnel your point to a single characteristic of the game doesn't invalidate it's other properties that also shape it.

The game focused on the giants for progression because that's what Klei believed to be a suitable team task.

18 hours ago, catboy3dsplayer said:

I'm new to using a dreadstone helmet and its self repairing nature. Would wearing a nightmare amulet help repair my helmet faster since my sanity is set to 0?

yes, but if you want the dreadstone helmet to repair faster, pairing it with the armor will do the trick with the same sanity drain as it boosts the repair rate by quite a lot

there's also the factor that incoming damage is split between the 2 dreadstone armor pieces (helm and suit) and since they both regen individually and repair faster when paired, makes them last exceptionally long

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 2

Is there a specific command I can input to see how long I have until scrappy werepig will spawn? I'm not fully sure when I killed the cave version but I thought that the scrappy version would have spawned by now. So I just want to see if the retrofitting is possibly the issue or that the 20 day respawn timer hadn't expired yet.

3 hours ago, catboy3dsplayer said:

Is there a specific command I can input to see how long I have until scrappy werepig will spawn? I'm not fully sure when I killed the cave version but I thought that the scrappy version would have spawned by now. So I just want to see if the retrofitting is possibly the issue or that the 20 day respawn timer hadn't expired yet.

are you running a mod called "Don't Starve Together: Alone"?

On 8/14/2020 at 10:23 PM, Hornete said:

If I remember correctly, Klei already has the property rights to every mod uploaded on the DST Steam Workshop. I would have to recheck though.

Is this really the case now? Some mods really deserve a place in the game