Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Hello all. I am a console player (Switch) and I'm trying to beat Celestial Champion to unlock Willow's skill but I just... can't beat phase 3. I have bone helm / armors, 10 thucelite crowns, mags, a lot of perogies, 6+ darkswords, weather pains (utterly useless on console) but I just can't beat him. It's autumn right now so I'm thinking of just leaving his phase. version on the island (I think his HP will double if I do) so I can wait until winter to telelocate Klaus and or Deerclops to the island. I don't have enough materials for gunpowder, I can't switch characters because I need to unlock Willow in particular. Is my plan good or is there something else I can do? (e.g. get mush sleep rooms)

You can switch characters and use Wolfgang, the skills aren’t locked on a per character basis… they’re locked to just killing the bosses ONCE, rather your Willow, Wolfgang.. or you join a random server as Wes and get the final punch in on a boss with your barefists that a group of players had beaten down low enough for a thump to kill.

Youll still permanently unlock your affinity trees.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can switch characters and use Wolfgang, the skills aren’t locked on a per character basis… they’re locked to just killing the bosses ONCE, rather your Willow, Wolfgang.. or you join a random server as Wes and get the final punch in on a boss with your barefists that a group of players had beaten down low enough for a thump to kill.

Youll still permanently unlock your affinity trees.

Wow I did not know this. I was wondering why the shadow skilltree was unlocked. This um, changes everything. Thank you so much. 

The only problem is I left CC long enough that his HP is probably 20k now :lol:. Maybe I'll just cheese him with tree guards. 

Edited by loonreaper
Added the end note.

Question on Beefalo Taming, on a server does the host need to take care of another players beefalo in order to keep it from losing domestication if that player doesnt play for a week but the server host has the server open?

Or if the player hitches it to a dressing mirror thing will it stay domesticated at the same level regardless of how long the server runs?

(still new to taming and really playing the together part of the game).

Edited by JadedMeiji

7 minutes ago, JadedMeiji said:

Question on Beefalo Tamin

If your beefalo has a bell and you leave with the bell equipped, your beef logs out with you. It won't appear in your room, but it will not lose domestication since it's not in the world to experience the passage of time or get hit by other players.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, loonreaper said:

Hello all. I am a console player (Switch) and I'm trying to beat Celestial Champion to unlock Willow's skill but I just... can't beat phase 3. I have bone helm / armors, 10 thucelite crowns, mags, a lot of perogies, 6+ darkswords, weather pains (utterly useless on console) but I just can't beat him. It's autumn right now so I'm thinking of just leaving his phase. version on the island (I think his HP will double if I do) so I can wait until winter to telelocate Klaus and or Deerclops to the island. I don't have enough materials for gunpowder or blowdarts, I can't switch characters because I need to unlock Willow in particular. Is my plan good or is there something else I can do? (e.g. get mush sleep rooms)

Practice dodging the lasers.  You basically walk in a diagonal at the right moment and you dodge either pattern.  The lasers will knock out its crystals, and from there you can move the fight away from the other ones to keep dealing damage until it resummons.  Don't rush the fight - if you don't get good rng on the crystal in one part just be patient and get it in the next loop.

Edited by Yuuko

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

If your beefalo has a bell and you leave with the bell equipped, your beef logs out with you. It won't appear in your room, but it will not lose domestication since it's not in the world to experience the passage of time or get hit by other players.

Unless they have “Drop everything on disconnect” toggled on, and if that happens the players Bell does NOT leave the server with them..

Hello! 
I’ve been having some trouble with finding Wagstaff’s abandoned junk after he walks by when the lunar rifts are active, and I was wondering if there’s a chance that they just don’t spawn or how far away do I actually have to search for them once Wagstaff walks by. 
Could there be a limit to how many can exist in a world at a time or is it because I arrive too fast with my beefalo where it should spawn? (well it kinda works this way when chasing gingerbread pigs)

The wiki is pretty vague about it, so that’s why I’m asking you what your experience with this mechanic/feature is.

2 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

I was wondering if there’s a chance that they just don’t spawn or how far away do I actually have to search for them once Wagstaff walks by. 
Could there be a limit to how many can exist in a world at a time or is it because I arrive too fast with my beefalo where it should spawn? (well it kinda works this way when chasing gingerbread pigs)

Only one junk "set piece" can exist in a world at a time, from my experience wagstaff can and will put the junk on the other side of the map. Wagstaff will run by you multiple times if you wait even if you are in a different place from when you saw him first. As far as i have seen this always spawns so you won't miss it because of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kubicska said:

Hello! 
I’ve been having some trouble with finding Wagstaff’s abandoned junk after he walks by when the lunar rifts are active, and I was wondering if there’s a chance that they just don’t spawn or how far away do I actually have to search for them once Wagstaff walks by. 

The wiki is pretty vague about it, so that’s why I’m asking you what your experience with this mechanic/feature is.

It doesn't spawn if you're within a 50m radius circle from the spawning point the game picked, it also have to be 300m away from the last abandoned junk.

1m = length of 1 wall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MonsieurHedge said:

Does anyone have a good image source for all of Wormwood's heads while blooming? Trying to figure out which one to get and I don't want it to clash with the rest of my setup.

You can check Wormwoods blooming stages in the game itself- there is a "cycle view" button on the left in the wardrobe that will show you all character forms (normal, ghost, portrait, warrior for Wurt, all bloom stages for Wormwood, all ages for Wanda etc).

If you want all of them in one place there is a gallery section on the .gg wiki (select it on top of the Wormwood article) with all the in-game sprites.

11 hours ago, loonreaper said:

Hello all. I am a console player (Switch) and I'm trying to beat Celestial Champion to unlock Willow's skill but I just... can't beat phase 3. I have bone helm / armors, 10 thucelite crowns, mags, a lot of perogies, 6+ darkswords, weather pains (utterly useless on console) but I just can't beat him. It's autumn right now so I'm thinking of just leaving his phase. version on the island (I think his HP will double if I do) so I can wait until winter to telelocate Klaus and or Deerclops to the island. I don't have enough materials for gunpowder or blowdarts, I can't switch characters because I need to unlock Willow in particular. Is my plan good or is there something else I can do? (e.g. get mush sleep rooms)

Hello me from 11 hours ago. So i had this intricate plan for beating CC, by telelocating bosses there and or using gunpowder + an ice staff as backup but what I wanted to try first was to see if I could easily beat CC with Wolfgang so I gather 40 green shrooms, moonshrooms etc. to prepare. But I switched back to Wanda because I had to do some things with her. I was curious as well so I made one night armor, totally forgot my shrooms and just went at it. CC in phase three can't REACH Wanda when he does his close up attack.... But she can. 

I literally stood there and held the attack button. My night armor never went below 50%. It was that fast. 

So... for console players (especially of the Switch variety), this is even easier than teleporting a boss, collecting gunpowder etc. Just use Wanda and stand there. lol.

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

25 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Hello me from 11 hours ago. So i had this intricate plan for beating CC, by telelocating bosses there and or using gunpowder + an ice staff as backup but what I wanted to try first was to see if I could easily beat CC with Wolfgang so I gather 40 green shrooms, moonshrooms etc. to prepare. But I switched back to Wanda because I had to do some things with her. I was curious as well so I made one night armor, totally forgot my shrooms and just went at it. CC in phase three can't REACH Wanda when he does his close up attack.... But she can. 

I literally stood there and held the attack button. My night armor never went below 50%. It was that fast. 

So... for console players (especially of the Switch variety), this is even easier than teleporting a boss, collecting gunpowder etc. Just use Wanda and stand there. lol.

Is a known ia bug that they dont fix for some reason

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Only one junk "set piece" can exist in a world at a time, from my experience wagstaff can and will put the junk on the other side of the map. Wagstaff will run by you multiple times if you wait even if you are in a different place from when you saw him first. As far as i have seen this always spawns so you won't miss it because of that.

7 hours ago, _zwb said:

It doesn't spawn if you're within a 50m radius circle from the spawning point the game picked, it also have to be 300m away from the last abandoned junk.

1m = length of 1 wall

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it :joyous:

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Unless they have “Drop everything on disconnect” toggled on, and if that happens the players Bell does NOT leave the server with them..

I dont think we have that on there but will double check to make sure before we start attempting taming.

Thank you all!

Is there something I have to do to trigger the deadly brightshades? I set rifts to open and frequency to default. They eventually showed up and I mined them, created a bright smithy, deerclops showed up and mutated deerclops. But the deadly brightshades never showed up anywhere! Granted I didn't transplant anything into the base (no twigs or bushes or farms or hay), I just have 20 stone fruits. Am I supposed to plant things in my base? 

Edited by loonreaper
more context

1 hour ago, loonreaper said:

Is there something I have to do to trigger the deadly brightshades? I set rifts to open and frequency to default. They eventually showed up and I mined them, created a bright smithy, deerclops showed up and mutated deerclops. But the deadly brightshades never showed up anywhere! Granted I didn't transplant anything into the base (no twigs or bushes or farms or hay), I just have 20 stone fruits. Am I supposed to plant things in my base? 

From The Wiki 

image.png

Does anyone have any idea why there is no skin for the sisturn? I find it odd bc it feels like it would be the perfect item to get one, possibly even more so than Abigail's flowers

Edited by WenericMember
Formatting
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1

23 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Same reason there are no skins for the portable kitchen ware

I should really check how many survivor items have skins, it just seems wildly inconsistent iirc Wigfird has over half a dozen for her spears and helms, while most others don't get any.

9 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

I should really check how many survivor items have skins

Not a lot bramble armor, wigfrid's helmet, battle spear, Wolfgang's gym, abigail flower, walter's pinetree pioneer hat, willow's lighter, bernie that's all i can think of

Edited by gamehun20

27 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Oh yeah those also

Ok looking over the inventory full list:

• Gym (Archaic)
  • Bramble Husk (Archaic)
  • Battle Spear (Moonbound, Winged, Carrat, Pig King)
  • Battle Helm (Moonbound, Winged, Carrat, Pig King)
  • Wickers Books (Everything Encyclopedia, Overcoming Arachnophobia, Applied silviculture, Tempering Temperatures, Sleepytime Stories, The End is NIgh)
  • Pintree Pioneer Hat (MerryMaker, Moonbound, Survivor, Detective, Formal)
  • Abigail's Flower (Basically all of them except for merrymaker)
  • Craftsmerm House (Fantasmical) {Is that the Wurt one?}
  • Bernie (Forlorn Doll)
  • Beard (all sets)
  • Silk Beard (all sets)
  • Willow's lighter (cursed)

From what I can tell that leaves:

• A bunch of items that you don't see out of inventory (I get why these don't need skins)
    • Woodie Idols
    • Switcherdoodles
    • Remainder of Wickers Books
    • Wolfgang's Dumbells
    • Wendy's Potions
    • Wx-78's circuits
    • Wigfrid's songs
    • Walter's ammo
    • Wanda's clocks
  • Structures (I really hope these get variants)
    • Sisturn
    • Bio Scanalyser
    • Bookcase
    • Magician's Chest
    • Warly's cooking gear
    • Bramble trap
    • Winona's contraptions
    • Merm fortifications
    • Royal Merm tapestry
  • Other Items
    • Hardwood Hat
    • Wooden Walking Cane
    • Wes's Items
    • Codex Umbra
    • Webber's various spider items
    • Walter's slingshot

Hmm there are quite a lot... I think my objections stems from Wigfrid getting 8 unique items with upgraded varients while most item's don't get a lot

Edited by WenericMember
Missed listings

5 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

Craftsmerm House (Fantasmical) {Is that the Wurt one?}

yes that's the one but Merm Flort-ifications doesn't have one tho.

6 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

Wickers Books

The End is Nigh also has one

6 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

Willow's lighter

This does have a skin the cursed lighter

5 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

yes that's the one but Merm Flort-ifications doesn't have one tho.

The End is Nigh also has one

This does have a skin the cursed lighter

thx

I was also missing merm tapestry.

It's weird how inconsistant it is among survivors Some (Willow and Wigfrid) get full sets, A few get a singular item (Walter, Wendy and the beards) while some get a random item of all of theres (Wormwood, Wurt)

Edited by WenericMember
  • Like 1