Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, Ardcrumb said:

If I were to attempt to defeat celestial champion with cannons, what would be my best way if getting gunpowder?

Cables -> PK Gold -> Nitre from Wilson

Bird farm / Fish farm from wicker -> rotten eggs from caged moonbirds

Charcoal from forest fires

EDIT: I don't know what YOUR best way to get the ingredients would be. Perhaps you already have a pig farm set up from where you could get eggs, or have an untouched rocky biome. This is just what I'd do in my current world

Edited by Juanasdf

So the wiki says prime mates can be befriended in "peacetime"

(In peacetime, it can be tamed like pigs. It feeds on plant foods, but can also accept meat from the player once it has been tamed. It equips the armor and weapons given by the player. )

- wiki

What is this peacetime? is it when you transform back from a monkey? and is this even a thing

Edited by gamehun20

Why do people keep calling the Nightmare Werepig the "Daywalker" from the code? He doesn't appear in daylight, he's in the caves, and he only walks if you fail to fight him properly, otherwise he runs.

Might as well call him "Nightrunner" then.

37 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Why do people keep calling the Nightmare Werepig the "Daywalker" from the code? He doesn't appear in daylight, he's in the caves, and he only walks if you fail to fight him properly, otherwise he runs.

Might as well call him "Nightrunner" then.

"Daywalker" is a term for a creature that usually wouldn't be able to walk around during the day (werewolves, vampires, etc) but can for some reason. Daywalker doesn't transform back into a normal pig at any point, making it stuck in it's wereform, therefore a Daywalker.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BezKa said:

"Daywalker" is a term for a creature that usually wouldn't be able to walk around during the day (werewolves, vampires, etc) but can for some reason. Daywalker doesn't transform back into a normal pig at any point, making it stuck in it's wereform, therefore a Daywalker.

Ah.

41 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Define glitches out? Very vague. 

Like I mean you mine the suspicious Boulder then play the game a bit, then someone in the game with you who is a new player dies a lot so they ask you to rollback a bunch, and then after a few Rollbacks the Orb just.. disappears.

What I want to know is.. what caused it to glitch out like that? And, if there is any way to get it back? 

Will a secondary Suspicious Boulder spawn if the orb just somehow vanished from the game the first time?

Does planar damage affect armor durability at all?

For instance, a deadly bright shades retaliation attack deals 100 physical damage + 30 planar damage.

A marble suit will absorb damage equal to 95% of the 100 physical while the planar and remaining 5% go to the player. Resulting in the suit (presumably) taking only 95 durability damage.

A bright shade suit will take durability damage equal to 80% of physical damage + an additional 10% physical and 10% of planar + an additional 10 planar.

Does the weird additional 10% physical damage get deleted or absorbed?

Does the 10% planar damage and 10 flat planar damage get deleted or absorbed by the armor?

• Sanity 1

16 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

A bright shade suit will take durability damage equal to 80% of physical damage + an additional 10% physical and 10% of planar + an additional 10 planar.

Does the weird additional 10% physical damage get deleted or absorbed?

Does the 10% planar damage and 10 flat planar damage get deleted or absorbed by the armor?

Ok so I used a mod to tell me the durability of an armour piece in real time and then I got two different sources of damage to attack me: Ancient Guardian and a Brightshade Bomb.

Ancient Guardian does 100 Physical Damage and the Brightshade Bomb does 200 Planar damage so in theory the armour would take 82 damage from the Guardian and 30 damage from the bomb. What actually happened is that the armour took 80 damage from the Guardian and 10 damage from the Bomb so I guess the rest just gets deleted?

Edit: Upon further inspection the 10% extra physical protection doesn't seem to apply at all, I took 20 damage from the Ancient Guardian. I gotta test this out more.
I also tried getting hit by the Deadly Brightshade itself (attacking it while the vine is up) and I took 34 damage meanwhile my helmet took 82 damage. 82 + 34 = 116, not 130 so some of the damage definitely does get deleted. Unless there's a hidden planar durability stat I don't know about.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:05 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Like I mean you mine the suspicious Boulder then play the game a bit, then someone in the game with you who is a new player dies a lot so they ask you to rollback a bunch, and then after a few Rollbacks the Orb just.. disappears.

What I want to know is.. what caused it to glitch out like that? And, if there is any way to get it back? 

Will a secondary Suspicious Boulder spawn if the orb just somehow vanished from the game the first time?

If you rolled back to a time before the game spawned the suspicious boulder yes, it should reappear.

If you mean you rolled back to a point after you mined the suspicious boulder, and the orb dissapeared... Idk what to tell you. My guess is it will reappear at some point, either before the 70 days have passed or shortly after it. If there is a meteor shower after day 70 and you dont see it then you'll most likely have to spawn it with the console.

Im fairly certain it should re-spawn. For example, I once had a world without meteor showers turned on, so I spawned the orb to fight CC. During the spawn animation, another orb appeared because the game forces it to spawn on the first meteor shower after day 70.

6 minutes ago, Good Ol Mactusk said:

1. What are the community's favorite mobs/bosses?

2. Where do mactusk go once winter is over and where do they come from when winter starts?

3. Why is klaus eyes sewn shut?

1: I can only speak for myself, but my favorite DST-exclusive is Celestial Champion. Feels like a proper boss fight, there are a few different approaches to it, and most importantly, it rewards EXECUTION over setup. My biggest issue with a most raid bosses is that they're entirely setup-based, especially solo.

2: A well-hidden summer home in Shipwrecked, I guess.

3: Probably some kind of binding/torture ritual. Same reason his (upper) mouth is sewn shut and he's wrapped in chains, presumably.

46 minutes ago, Good Ol Mactusk said:

1. What are the community's favorite mobs/bosses?

2. Where do mactusk go once winter is over and where do they come from when winter starts?

3. Why is klaus eyes sewn shut?

1- I think most of the community enjoys klaus' fight. Plus it can have really good loot.

2-They are the only mob able to leave the constant, besides wortox. They go back to Scotland when their Winter holiday in the constant is over.

3-An accident with a sewing kit, you know how hard it is to handle one of those with such big klaus claws?

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2023 at 7:55 AM, desiforia said:

Is this good enough? its my first time trying to use anenemies for anything, im playing wanda and i will need a lot of tusks :(

image.thumb.png.393a13f2e4493152469b653cb50ab1d1.png

as for the open spaces, i just havent decided where to put a gate yet

That mactusk is about to get a pinching as soon as it leaves, its hound might take the damage as such they stay out during night and usually are the ones to wonder all over the place, I wouldn't know tho since I haven't tried this

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, when you get killed by the anenemies, why is called "An enemy" instead of its actual name, was it just forgotten because it barely if ever killed anybody? did they forget to add the name? I know its a minor mistake but still,

I have a few serious legitimate questions that I would like to ask any of the Developers of DST.

When it came to designing the newest update “Taking Root” what was the Specific Reasoning behind deciding this was going to be Late Game Content? When I say that fighting Brightshades are the Easiest mob I’ve ever fought in DST it means that: I can fight this Mob without ever taking a single hit from any of its Attacks.

That is Not Something I can say when it comes to other already existing mobs such as Cookie Cutters. 

If the decision was made based on future yet to be revealed content updates, will it be possible to toggle OFF certain aspects of that upcoming update so I can still enjoy the Rifts the way they are now?

(for example you can choose what resources spit out of the Unnatural Moon Quay Portal, and how often..)

You guys seem to have a really really bad problem balancing your game content & by that I mean: What is fun and actually do-able, & what isn’t fun at all and is just frustrating..

In deeper Context: Fighting Brightshades = Fun, Fair and easily Doable.

Fighting off Moon Quay Raids on a Tiny Wooden Platform with Limited Maneuverability and an Enemy Vessel full of Monkeys who rob you blind then break your boat & paddle away= Not Fun in the slightest bit.

Go to Moon Quay Island, Get robbed blind by an very tiny Island overrun by Monkeys spewing out a portal..

Encounter a brightshade- you have enough room to dodge/fight.

What is the deciding factor that goes into how easy/hard your game content is geared towards??

You call the new Content “EndGame”, you lock it behind needing to do a lengthy questline and kill CC, (thank god it’s also a world Gen toggle choice..) but it’s (currently) one of the easiest things you have ever added into DST, Getting as little as 3 Cookie Cutters on a boat with you so they can “Stun-Lock” you can quickly send your ship to a Watery Grave.. Trying to fight a Varg and all the hounds it Spawns is much more difficult. Spider Queens with their Healing Spiders are more Difficult..

So I really really would genuinely enjoy some Insight here as to what the deciding factors are when deciding the intended difficulty of specific elements within your game?

Sorry if I ask too many questions & take up too much of your time. <3

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

When I say that fighting Brightshades are the Easiest mob I’ve ever fought in DST it means that: I can fight this Mob without ever taking a single hit from any of its Attacks.

I have a counter question; Have you fought a group of 3 or more of them? And if so, can you please upload your strategy of how to defeat them without taking any damage.

Not trying to be a jerk, I genuinely struggle with groups of them.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

17 minutes ago, Vinja said:

I have a counter question; Have you fought a group of 3 or more of them? And if so, can you please upload your strategy of how to defeat them without taking any damage.

Not trying to be a jerk, I genuinely struggle with groups of them.

Yes I have, & I will try to get you some footage later! it’s really just you need to find the Brightshade that is furthest from the others and attack it first, do keep in mind that you Won’t be able to get in the full amount of attacks when they’re grouped together so closely, so you will need to get in as many hits as you can and retreat before the other non-stunned plants can hit you (pay close attention to where their vines are) 

As far as them being VERY closely clustered literally right on top of each other, that was a bug that shouldn’t be happening, but thanks to the Brightshade Staff that bounces a Projectile in-between them, their closeness will make this particular weapon much more useful.

The below photo is someone else’s base, but it shows you a TL:DR of what I’m talking about, I will try to get some actual footage for you later though.

2EBB2D37-2986-4008-9A44-3DEC2F9EE940.jpeg.9d341ae3a0fca399abf1d224ed2b6fa5.jpeg

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1