Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

1 minute ago, Catchee said:

Do players have a resistance to other players attacks in PVP? I've noticed that characters seem to be able to survive hits that would kill a mob with the same health, such as Wilson being able to survive a Blowdart from Mighty Wolfgang, which deals 200 damage while Wilson has only 150 HP.

Yes! There is a difference, exactly about half the damage otherwise taken.

• Thanks 1

Do Chopped down Palmcone Trees ever regrow? Seems like unlike Birchtrees, they won’t grow back up from being chopped into a stump.

And is this a bug or an intended feature? I want to decorate my world with Palm Trees but I don’t want to take trips back to Moon Quay over and over again just to get a Palmtree seed.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Do Chopped down Palmcone Trees ever regrow? Seems like unlike Birchtrees, they won’t grow back up from being chopped into a stump.

And is this a bug or an intended feature? I want to decorate my world with Palm Trees but I don’t want to take trips back to Moon Quay over and over again just to get a Palmtree seed.

chopped palmcone trees give back their seed i think

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

chopped palmcone trees give back their seed i think

Yea but the tree you chop down doesn’t seem to be growing back after it’s chopped… Birchnut trees will grow back, Palmtrees in my experience don’t seem to be able to. So I end up with a Stump, and a Seed to plant another Tree..

The only way I’ve been able to reliably set up palmtrees in my Xbox world is to take repeat trips back to Moon Quay and get more PalmTree Seeds- because the ones I chop down haven’t been recovering.

I want to know if this is a bug, or if it’s an intended feature that I need to go back and fourth to Moon Quay every time I want to plant a few palmtrees?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want to know if this is a bug, or if it’s an intended feature that I need to go back and fourth to Moon Quay every time I want to plant a few palmtrees?

i think that's intentional

Edited by gamehun20
  • Sad Dupe 1

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yea but the tree you chop down doesn’t seem to be growing back after it’s chopped… Birchnut trees will grow back, Palmtrees in my experience don’t seem to be able to. So I end up with a Stump, and a Seed to plant another Tree..

Stumps aren't supposed to regrow at all. Once a stump, forever a stump. Same for Plamcones.

Birchnut and most other trees will regrow and repopulate by themselves due to world regrowth, but they, including the Palmcones drop their seeds.
Once you get at least one Palmcone you'd never need to go back, you can just wait for them to grow, chop them, and replant their seeds to grow more and more!

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Birchnut and most other trees will regrow and repopulate by themselves due to world regrowth

To clarify a bit, I believe what's happening to give the illusion of trees regrowing from stumps is that after enough time has passed of a stump existing, it'll delete itself and some of the nearby logs, which opens up space for more trees to then be placed down by world regrowth. This may give the illusion of the stumps regrowing into trees, but mechanically it's not the case.

Edited by sylvia wander o
  • Like 4
  • Health 2

30 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

it'll delete itself and some of the nearby logs, which opens up space for more trees to then be placed down by world regrowth.

^^^All this, this is what I thought was the case but I hesitated cause I couldn't remember for certain. But yes, it's an illusion!

7 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Any reason for a "give" prompt to come up when hovering a resource (rocks, sticks, etc) on the unnatural portal?

You can give it the moonstorm static to generate some loot, the prompt probably appears to encourage players to test giving it various items

Why is lol or LoL censored in DSTs in game chat?? Is this an issue with other languages? Does the game view this as a curse word?? I don’t understand why I can’t type LOL when my friend who is new to the game picks up a Beefalo Horn unaware of what it actually does.. and blows it during Beefalo Mating Season & then proceeds to have an entire field of Beefalo chasing him down trying to Mate with him.

If that’s not an Laugh Out Loud worthy Moment… I don’t know what is.

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

League of Legends, the most offensive term ever.

I used to be an addict. But I found a new path. Now everytime I think about playing it, instead I pray to our Lord, the almighty, all knowing, JoeW WAGSTAFF DONTSTARVE

• Potato Cup 2

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Can someone who understands coding describe me the current situation with monkey raids?

Er, I think this thread is mostly accurate, with the exception probably being the spawn timer?

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

can you keep the monke boats you find, or will they just despawn even if you build on them. I like the yellow color

I think the island one don't despawn but the raid ones do after a while not a 100% sure on these tho

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

can you keep the monke boats you find, or will they just despawn even if you build on them. I like the yellow color

To keep the pirate boats that spawn from the pirate raids, you need to restart the server.

Keep in mind that if the boat is offscreen, the boats will despawn, so make sure to restart the server when the boats are onscreen.

• Thanks 3
  • Sanity 1