What are your Greatest Achievements in DST?

Today I soloed the dragonfly with no walls or panflute, which i felt pretty accomplished with. This got me thinking, what are the greatest achievements of everyone else in Don't Starve/Together?

(also my strategy: fill as much of your inventory as you can with armor. (it helps with backpack slot mod to have a full krampus sack of log suits) i had 15 log suits, 10 battle helms, 36 perogies, 23 jelly beans (didnt use most of them) a life giving amulet, a dark sword, and a ham bat. use the dark sword on the lavae to kill them as quickly as possible. they can easily overwhelm you, and a hambat will kill them in 7 hits, which is just enough for it to hit you once before they die. a dark sword will take 6 hits, meaning the lavae will not get the chance to attack.)

I had 3 situations I thought were awesome. 

1. I managed to kite 10 depth worms twice in complete darkness by remembering their timings and by sound alone, and managed to turn to Weremoose before charlie hits me. I then killed the worms.
  2. Killed ancient guardian and revived 4 people right after the fight with random red gems I found on the way. His arena was super weird which made it very hard/nearly impossible to cheese, and a death trap around the edges.
  3. Another player died while on a boat, and was on a collision course towards sea stacks. I had a Weregoose idol on a bundle, and I was on a nearby forest, so as soon as he started whining/screaming I transformed into a goose, reached the boat, anchored it and revived him. That's the closest you can be of cosplaying superman on DST: GOOSEMAN TO THE RESCUE!

Not exactly in game but yesterday I finally completed another huge part of my spool goal. Essentially, I'm trying to complete as many catagories in the item collection and I have currently have all weavable items in all catagories (and all of the emotes with thier collections bonuses) except for item and character skins. It has been a neat jorney and I'm glad I'm on the penultimate leg of it. I also broke my elgentless streak yeaterday, but that is a little less impressive.

21 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I had 3 situations I thought were awesome. 

1. I managed to kite 10 depth worms twice in complete darkness by remembering their timings and by sound alone, and managed to turn to Weremoose before charlie hits me. I then killed the worms.
  2. Killed ancient guardian and revived 4 people right afterwards that were killed by him with random red gems I found on the way. His arena was super weird which made it very hard/nearly impossible to cheese, and a death trap around the edges.
  3. Another player died while on a boat, and was on a collision course towards sea stacks. I had a Weregoose idol on a bundle, and I was on a nearby forest, so as soon as he started whining/screaming I transformed into a goose, reached the boat, anchored it and revived him. That's the closest you can be of cosplaying superman on DST: GOOSEMAN TO THE RESCUE!

I remember being on the first situation mentioned with you (i was dead obvs). Hope it wasnt me on the third as well  :cry:

oh man, i have a new one today! less than an hour ago i led deerclopse over to bearger had her snuff him out then led her to the treeguard who has been hanging around my base for most of the year, had it take her down, pacified it with a stack of pinecones then i collected all of the rewards without losing any or getting hit even once

I don't know what exactly counts as a "greatest achievement" in a noncompetetive sandbox survival game. Day Count? Specific boss kill? Latest base layout? Idk man all of them seem to fit.

I'd prefer my SL 93 Claymore/Moonlight Greatsword-wielding waifu Dark Souls 3 playthrough to be the crowning achievement to top my achievements on that note, followed by mu European Units Only Stronghold Crusader run.

7 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I don't know what exactly counts as a "greatest achievement" in a noncompetetive sandbox survival game. Day Count? Specific boss kill? Latest base layout? Idk man all of them seem to fit.

I'd prefer my SL 93 Claymore/Moonlight Greatsword-wielding waifu Dark Souls 3 playthrough to be the crowning achievement on that note.

On that note- I want to change mine... before the days of “The Internet” all we had were strategy guide books to tell you how to beat your games.. and there’s one game in particular that very VERY few people ever beat, because they were never smart enough (or maybe dumb enough to attempt it) to do what the game ASKS of them to do-

This game was X-Men on the Sega Genesis console... and the ONLY WAY to beat that game was by intentionally pressing the “Reset” button on your console at a very specific point in the game to progress to the next level. 

Well, I've played Don't Starve for so long and seen so much that I don't know what's worthy enough to tell... like is this an achievements to have winter spawning randomly cause a meteor at the other side of the map destroyed a winter trap after +1000 days ? :lol: Yeah it's just formidable odds but that's the sort of thing that amuse me in the game. ^^

But now I remind of a funny story from last year ! I mostly only play DST in solo or with friends in private now but back in time I was an admin of the French community Discord, I started a sort of "reward page" with goals that players could complete on our servers like killing group of bosses, build/craft/collect objectives or just survive 120 days without reset... and like everyone I wanted to try that by myself but I was especially curious to see how playing on a public server goes. It was already late so I played until summer begins and I haven't done much but farm plantable resources and food for everyone (seriously, I had no idea of what to do when I'm not building the base by myself :-?). So I disconnected and went to sleep but found no success as I was in a quite frustrating insomnia period, but it was advantageous for this night cause after something like 2 hours I checked my phone since I suddenly received a bunch of discord notifications and they were from the same players of the server we've been playing.

They needed help cause Bearger spawned and someone did some very stupid stuff with the beehives when Bearger was here which resulted in the destruction of a big part of the base, they all tried to defend and attack... and they died with nothing to resurrect around (what a mess). I had to be quick before the server reset or they would all loose their progress for the surviving goal, I can't remember the remaining time when I connected but I was told it was a close call. So now I had to deal with Bearger without being prepared to fight anything but just buy some time for someone to reach a Touch Stone. All I had was a golden axe, I planned to grab some stuff from other players inventory once I had the Bearger aggro... but I wasn't necessary after all... the dude was like 1 hit away from death ! :wilson_curious:

At least it was amusing, I just said "Aller, salut!" (the famous "k bye" in French) and finally fall asleep like a chad.

Hmm. Don't remember any truly notable thing I did in game (even though I reckon I did everything possible related to basic game-content plus "cheese" and many-many other shenanigans) but for me a personal achievement of sorts is the fact Don't Starve Together is only game I played since its Beta and for more than 5 years in a row now, accumulating over 8k h in it (sometime in early 2015 my best friend gifted me a copy - at that time I had a very quizzical opinion about DS/T and said friend's DST passion). To have a better perspective on this: I exclusively play PC with a 6 years old Steam account that has 237 games (atm of this post) in its library from among which I played 44 titles averaging 20.6 hours per game in all those 6 years (excluding DST; majority of those 44 have less than 0.5 h spent on); most games I tried I didn't actually finished, quitting mid-way or-the-like (boredom/loss of interest, something else occurring irl etc). Yet DST managed to captivate me precisely because is a somewhat friendly multiplayer sandbox setting where you basically chose whatever you wanna do for current session at own pace aside mandatory basic survival aspect. The fact it didn't goaded me into only-one approach to its challenges, but had a multitude of mobs interactions via various "farms" it made me discover over time through trial&error (plus learning from others in various servers) meant a high re-play-ability value in my eyes. And, once more, the relatively-friendly&relaxed co-op environment was a huge bon in my book (as opposed to my other multiplayer negative-overall experience prior to DST - World of Tanks), nowadays my evening pub experiences mainly boiling down to observing funny interactions between players and/or via chat (aside the self-imposed task for respective run like some boss take-down, venturing to Ruins, Ocean, Moon archipelago a.s.o.).

Oh, and another important facet of my DST experience: almost all of my Steam friendships I've made these past 5 years were possible because/through this game (some of them becoming even good friends online aside the scope of one singular game/hobby). Acquaintances alike. An interesting and generally welcoming community has grown around DS/T franchise I for one enjoy quite well even if the occasional griefer pops in your average pub to spread mischievousness.

Archived