Beta Update: Troubled Waters

Looks super neat! Looking forward to this!! :) The only humble request would be to get any sort of optional mechanic or use that incorporates hound teeth, or a way of disposing them easily, because they accumulate and tend to litter the game world to an absurd degree (when collecting them after hound attacks there is simply nothing to do with them and it never stops - and I have similar issues with bone shards, although people who play other characters apparently have uses for them).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its nice to see some life added to the ocean along with some actual threats at sea, as annoying as Mr. Wavy Jones is hes welcome.

While the Lamp upgrade for the mast is nice for building room, it still can't replace the fire pit cause of winter and building room wasn't exactly an issue before when you can actually fit several structures on a boat ex. 1 pig house, 3 drying racks, 1 croc pot, 1 lightning rod, 1 fire pit, and the rest of the boating doodads. However the lightning rod mast is pretty nice since it will let you fit 1 more building on.

• Like 1

Light on top of the mast. Excellent. As it is for the lightning.

Now, what do you think of a special boat cooking station ? Smaller than what we have, I mean not as large as the crock pot.

Everystuff you'll add for boat and boat only, in order to have space, will be great. 

I love that light, that was a big wish.

2 hours ago, Sindex said:

The design for the sea weeds reminds of Disney's Alice in Wonderland flowers from the "Golden Afternoon" segment of the film.

That's exactly how I described them to my buddy when I was telling him about the new stuff.  "You know the garden in alice, yeah its like that but they're on the water and throw ninja stars at you" lol

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Looks super neat! Looking forward to this!! :) The only humble request would be to get any sort of optional mechanic or use that incorporates hound teeth, or a way of disposing them easily, because they accumulate and tend to litter the game world to an absurd degree (when collecting them after hound attacks there is simply nothing to do with them and it never stops - and I have similar issues with bone shards, although people who play other characters apparently have uses for them).

To get rid of any items, you can simply use lureplants, place the items you wish to dispose of on the ground next to an eye plant, leave the plant for some time and the lureplant will have digested it, getting rid of the items permanantly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also...
Klei... AMAZING!!! :D

I love this beta! The new mobs/plants/shadows are so original! I love them! Also the mast upgrades are fantastic, and I love the new dishes! I can't wait for the full release (and for the new skins/twitch drops lol)! Good job Klei!!!! :D ... as usual lol!

Oh and btw, having ocean shadows is something I've asked for before, really glad they made it in DST! :D 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also...
Klei I think I'm seeing a bit of a bug... In-game the new dishes look like this...

On 7/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, Viktor234 said:

grafik.png.99adc9097a3078d44581e78ad5fb1bc1.png

...however, in the game files they apparently look like this...

23 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:
Hide contents

cookpot_barnaclepita.png.16541171a9d97ed68bded04d83b9ec19.png cookpot_barnaclesushi.png.06b974306dc48e0b0c2da13dbc429f52.png cookpot_barnaclinguine.png.4b24d125e221aea2ce302ec74ba20c03.png cookpot_barnaclestuffedfishhead.png.b81d7ae9dd101350ba849b124ac17de5.png 
cookpot_leafloaf.png.1e2980fa99676231aa07529c7b12d7d5.png cookpot_leafymeatburger.png.99c875c8f8136c51175452b134cb1a8d.png cookpot_meatysalad.png.44a0a313a61d9e60f7bd1bd566287b05.png cookpot_leafymeatsouffle.png.7ad40398194a15b67d3a60432c6c72a3.png

This reminds me a lot of Small Woby's coloring issue when Walter was first released.

Edited by ConvexCaribou23
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

Also...

Klei I think I'm seeing a bit of a bug... In-game the new dishes look like this...

...however, in the game files they apparently look like this...

This reminds me a lot of Small Woby's coloring issue when Walter was first released.

I'm not sure what you mean. Woby had outline issues and left over particles. These just seem to be affected by season color. Unless I'm missing something.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Woby had outline issues and left over particles. These just seem to be affected by season color. Unless I'm missing something.

At first, Small Woby was quite desaturated, however this was fixed rather fast. (I might be wrong about the new dishes)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Somehow Leafy Loaf lasts longer than Leafy Meat Souffle which requires 1 leafy meat (raw or cooked) and 1 sweetener (honey). No filler restrictions so feel free to put 2 twigs. Usually you'd expect honeyed foods to last longer, but this is not the case as this one lasts just 6 days.

ok, so there is a reason for this! tudors and victorians would actually use aspic(the clearish jello that it is floating in) as a preservative. you would put the food in a mould and pour in hot gelatine(usually beef though not always)  then when in a few days or weeks you want the food you scrape off the gelatine and eat what is inside. when the victorians started dabbling in food chem they came up with flavoured gelatine(aka jello) so that the entire aspic could be eaten without the vile taste of cartilage souring things and it continued to be popular as a food preservative until the 1960s where it was demoted to just being a party food

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Okay so what does everyone who can play the new content think of that content so far? Is it good? Do Seaweeds changing look per season also change the type Projectiles they attack you with??? 

I figured that if they changed look during winter, summer & spring that maybe they would have additional effects in those seasons (like for example it’s seeds acting like being hit with an Ice Staff during Winter) If it Doesn’t do this... then the updates still in beta ;) 

You can’t leave us console peoples in the dark this long!! :(  I need to know if the sea is more fun to sail a boat in and feels much less empty now!

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay so what does everyone who can play the new content think of that content so far? Is it good? Do Seaweeds changing look per season also change the type Projectiles they attack you with??? 

I figured that if they changed look during winter, summer & spring that maybe they would have additional effects in those seasons (like for example it’s seeds acting like being hit with an Ice Staff during Winter) If it Doesn’t do this... then the updates still in beta ;)

Sea Weeds don't change looks per season. There are just 3 types of them, chosen at random, which have slightly different stats.

The yellow ones attack twice as fast, the pink ones release pollen more often and the white ones spawn spittlefish more often.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2020 at 1:14 AM, watermelen671 said:

This was added 2 months ago. :wilson_smile:

dUz08Cm.png

I didn't hear any news regarding this skin. Did we really miss it? or it's not (officially) released yet and just sitting in the game files?

19 hours ago, ItsPirrrip said:

It would be cool if it doesn't attack Wormwood make holes in the boat, etc... 

Well... they don't attack Wormmwood... unless you attack them first, Wormwood can harvest sea weeds safely. (All characters can harvest sea weeds safely too, but only at night and while using a razor.)

6 hours ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

Well... they don't attack Wormmwood... unless you attack them first, Wormwood can harvest sea weeds safely. (All characters can harvest sea weeds safely too, but only at night and while using a razor.)

A Razor??? Nope, that’s got to be changed before Troubled Waters Beta ends..

Hamlet Shears Please? <3

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

A Razor??? Nope, that’s got to be changed before Troubled Waters Beta ends..

Hamlet Shears Please? <3

we need more uses for the razor though. it works better to give it more utility than to have one more single-purpose item x____X and if it must be something else why not a machete? those are at least a sw thing

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gaymime said:

we need more uses for the razor though. it works better to give it more utility than to have one more single-purpose item x____X and if it must be something else why not a machete? those are at least a sw thing

It’s just that every Return of Them update has introduced new craftable structures and tools.. It doesn’t HAVE to be Hamlet Shears, they just made the most sense for trimming a tree.. Alternatively They could just let the Glass Cutter be the tool used for this.. making trips to Lunar Island more frequent for players.

Instead of using the basic Razor.

• Like 1