Beta Update: Troubled Waters

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s just that every Return of Them update has introduced new craftable structures and tools.. It doesn’t HAVE to be Hamlet Shears, they just made the most sense for trimming a tree.. Alternatively They could just let the Glass Cutter be the tool used for this.. making trips to Lunar Island more frequent for players.

Instead of using the basic Razor.

I would never want to waste glasscutters just to obtain mediocre and bothersome food.

your idea sucks and the razor is perfectly fine for this.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I would never want to waste glasscutters just to obtain mediocre and bothersome food.

your idea sucks and the razor is perfectly fine for this.

Yeah.. the Razor, a one time built tool that has infinite durability & multiple uses already, way to make the game more uncompromising and give us more reason to gather resources. 

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah.. the Razor, a one time built tool that has infinite durability & multiple uses already, way to make the game more uncompromising and give us more reason to gather resources. 

who said the game needs to be more uncompromising?

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Well-met said:

who said the game needs to be more uncompromising?

When you use an axe to chop Birchnut trees that axe has a durability, when you use a shovel to dig up and replant Berry Bushes that Shovel has a Durability, When you use a Spear to kill a Pig for his Meat that Spear has a Durability, When you use a  fishing rod in a pond for fish that fishing rod has a Durability, When you use a Seafishing Rod in the Sea with a lure that Seafishing Rod has infinite durability but it requires a bait to be attached to it, When you use a Rabbit Trap to catch Rabbit that Rabbit trap has a durability.

The Razor has Infinite Durability and already has two fairly decent uses other than gathering food (which all the methods I listed above do) so Even though I’m NOT in the Beta...

an Infinite Durability Razor to farm a food source sounds unfair compared to all the others I just listed. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

Complaining that it's a razor sounds pretty dumb in my opinion. It's comparable to using a sea fishing rod for Wobsters, it's infinite durability as long as you know how to fish since you keep your tackles. i see no harm in it being an infinite durability razor since you first have to find the dreaded biome anyway and even if you relocate it closer to base, you still need a boat trip to gather 3x of a 12.5 food source that's mostly just worth it as a crock pot ingredient. 

I actually like the idea of giving another use to the one time razor for shaving beefalo or beard keeping as Wilson, there's no need to port or create more unnecessary one time items or to waste away a weapon to get decent food, no one would ever do it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Thundrag said:

While the Lamp upgrade for the mast is nice for building room, it still can't replace the fire pit cause of winter

Yeah, if it gave a little heat, then it would be cool to save a ton of space on a boat.

Another idea is a endothermic lamp attachment that provides a little cooling so that you don't need an endothermic firepit either.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:23 PM, Thundrag said:

While the Lamp upgrade for the mast is nice for building room, it still can't replace the fire pit cause of winter

The firepit has not been necessary for winter sailing since She Sells Sea Shells. Four (or more) Scorching Sunfish in a Tin Fishin' Bin can single handedly solve any heating issues you might face in winter, be it on land or water. Carrying a Scorching Sunfish in your Insulated Pack gives you 2.5 days of warmth.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

The firepit has not been necessary for winter sailing since She Sells Sea Shells. Four (or more) Scorching Sunfish in a Tin Fishin' Bin can single handedly solve any heating issues you might face in winter, be it on land or water. Carrying a Scorching Sunfish in your Insulated Pack gives you 2.5 days of warmth.

that is a lot more effort than making a firepit with 12 rocks and 2 logs

secondly you can only catch them in summer. summer comes after winter and spring, the two seasons you would freeze.

Edited by Bird Up

47 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

that is a lot more effort than making a firepit with 12 rocks and 2 logs

secondly you can only catch them in summer. summer comes after winter and spring, the two seasons you would freeze.

Build the firepit if you are going to sail early and hammer it after you catch scorch fishes ¿?

broader point is lamps should give some heat. juggling scorch fishes which are limited to the first summer is something that would be almost exclusively seen in private server play and not public server play.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The razer has 1 use unless you play wilson / webber, and that use is pretty basic.  Early game only.  We're basically getting a 2nd use for this thing which I'm okay with.  Considering its a pretty eh food source I wouldn't waste any durability getting them.

6 hours ago, Bird Up said:

broader point is lamps should give some heat. juggling scorch fishes which are limited to the first summer is something that would be almost exclusively seen in private server play and not public server play.

If you're going to rush a boat you can build a fire pit on it first and knock it down later.  The fish are a good investment for long term play, the firepit is the short term play.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

It looks like it will be updated next week. Vancouver time is already over 3pm

It’s roughly 1 to 2 weeks between Beta and the full release, sometimes longer if setbacks happen.

I would advise you that if your on PC to just join the Beta, you get to play the new content right now and more importantly you get to help Klei find bugs & provide feedback prior to that contents Actual Release.

I am in the Beta for Minecraft through the Xbox Insider App, But sadly DSTs beta branch is only available for those who are on PC, The other consoles won’t get that content until the Beta phase is over. But hopefully we won’t have much longer to wait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your lucky.. yes, but if they aren’t done with beta then no, but the good news is it should release before the end of the month.

Maybe I will crazy by the end of the month, so I hope to see this update before I am crazy:wilson_cry:

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

Maybe I will crazy by the end of the month, so I hope to see this update before I am crazy:wilson_cry:

I’m already halfway there.. :( I’m on a quest to unlock Wes in single player don’t starve, and despite making it all the way to the end.. I still have yet to accomplish unlocking him- Wes only has a % chance of Spawning at all in Chapter 3, and so far the Map Generation insists on having him not spawn at all for Me.

This is what I do with my free time while I wait for the monthly update to DST.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m already halfway there.. :( I’m on a quest to unlock Wes in single player don’t starve, and despite making it all the way to the end.. I still have yet to accomplish unlocking him- Wes only has a % chance of Spawning at all in Chapter 3, and so far the Map Generation insists on having him not spawn at all for Me.

This is what I do with my free time while I wait for the monthly update to DST.

It looks like we are all looking forward to the update,waiting is always annoying, especially when you know you are getting closer~You can continue to try to unlock the wes, maybe that will help distract.:wilson_blush: