This is just a short lil' post. I just want to inform you, that the teaser silhouette of the next Return of Them update has some secrets. What I mean, is when I looked at its file name, it referred to the silhouette as the "Barnacle". So yeah. Do anything you want with that information, I thought it was neat. It also looked like another of those Lunar plant-animal Mutants like the Saladmander, the Carrat or even the Corn Cod.

silhouette_barnacle.png.9d90080457db0f6929e0cf814089a8f8.png

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im still waiting to have frong mutant rain in moon island

That would be absolutely terrifying. And I thought the Moonrock Pengulls were the purest form of nightmare fuel

I just find it interesting that that image looks like a Hamlet type plant mob thing... and Just a few short hours ago after YEARS of Waiting they Just launched Hamlet on Xbox!

Coincidence? I think Not! 
& I highly think that Shipwrecked & Hamlet expansions may actual someday (not now but most defiantly in the future) become compatible with DST.

Im going to buy the Hamlet- And I am going to play it, but being completely honest.. I’m not 100% sure how long it’s going to hold my attention because-

#1 I will have to neglect playing with my friends to play single player.

#2 going back and playing Pre-DST Rework Willow & Wendy is going to feel very weird.

#3 I won’t have access to cool customizable skins and cosmetics to make my characters look unique.

But I’m buying the Expansion anyway just because I’ve been waiting Years for this to come to Console I can finally play as Wheeler & Experience Ham Biomes & Mobs.. And on the off chance that the expansions ever do gain (some limited degree of) compatibility with DST, I’ll already have them purchased!

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just find it interesting that that image looks like a Hamlet type plant mob thing... and Just a few short hours ago after YEARS of Waiting they Just launched Hamlet on Xbox!

Coincidence? I think Not! 
& I highly think that Shipwrecked & Hamlet expansions may actual someday (not now but most defiantly in the future) become compatible with DST.

Im going to buy the Hamlet- And I am going to play it, but being completely honest.. I’m not 100% sure how long it’s going to hold my attention because-

#1 I will have to neglect playing with my friends to play single player.

#2 going back and playing Pre-DST Rework Willow & Wendy is going to feel very weird.

#3 I won’t have access to cool customizable skins and cosmetics to make my characters look unique.

But I’m buying the Expansion anyway just because I’ve been waiting Years for this to come to Console I can finally play as Wheeler & Experience Ham Biomes & Mobs.. And on the off chance that the expansions ever do gain (some limited degree of) compatibility with DST, I’ll already have them purchased!

I highly doubt that they will ever be coming to DST, but that's just my opinion. While what you mentioned is a nice coincidence, I don't think it's any more than that. Also keep in mind that what lies behind the silhouette could very well look vastly different from what we imagined it to be, and even if it was similar to the Snapteeth of Hamlet, as I said, this isn't the first plant-animal mutant.

Just now, joker177 said:

I think he is a new boss.The name of the next rot version has "trouble", I hope they can bring something that makes the player feel nervous in the game, such as a new mob or some mechanism.

Ah yes, about the name. All the names up until this point had some joke, or hidden meaning in them. But not this one. This one is serious, and that could very well imply what you're saying

3 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Ah yes, about the name. All the names up until this point had some joke, or hidden meaning in them. But not this one. This one is serious, and that could very well imply what you're saying

Sorry i don't quite understand what you mean.

I hope it won't be a boss because it looks stationary. I really really want there to be an impressive swimming sea-boss. One you have to sail after and actually utilize the boat to fight. The other two fights so far have just been more or less anchor down and wail on with some minor differences. 

I know Klei can make it work.

I'm not much of a theorizer so this might be a little over a stretch but I'm fascinated by the thought of Tiger Lillies being added into the game as another mob/plant hybrid. Besides this idea I'm clueless :wilsconnivingsmile:
image.jpeg.f77eceaf140db7c5ba11816ff28e11b9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Pixil said:

I'm not much of a theorizer so this might be a little over a stretch but I'm fascinated by the thought of Tiger Lillies being added into the game as another mob/plant hybrid. Besides this idea I'm clueless :wilsconnivingsmile:

I think you might be right on the money.

5 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I highly doubt that they will ever be coming to DST.

You know, people keep saying that a lot and until I officially hear it from Klei themselves I’m going to keep hoping..

Because when I play don’t starve Solo- Prior to EVER getting to actually play the game I have to toggle which VERSION of the game I want to play.. For example- if I turn on Hamlet then RoG or Shipwrecked, (whichever one I had toggled on at the time) disables and my game instead runs Hamlet.

Meanwhile even WITHOUT ever having full on DLC Compatibility I’m still noticing that while people like Canis are busy making their Uncompromising Mode mod...

Im over here realizing how much of a colossal difference that a simple thing like making frog Poisonous goes a long way in making me fear them again (and when was the last time any of you were scared of a frog in DST?) THAT is exactly my point.

Ive petitioned for Personal Difficulty sliders for quite awhile now but.. now that I actually have Hamlet on my console and can play that content- I heavily reinforce my statement that we NEED those Sliders.. 

Im even noticing how in HAMLET despite being called TALL GRASS it actually burns for a SHORTER Amount of time then grass burns in DST..

And I use burning a single blade of grass in DST to save torch durability and survive through most a night Often..... so A simple tweak- And Bam you got Uncompromising all over again. 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

(and when was the last time any of you were scared of a frog in DST?)

Laughs in frog rain (hard to prep for early game or when starting in spring, haha. playing wendy isn't my cup of tea, but to each their own :D)

7 hours ago, joker177 said:

Sorry i don't quite understand what you mean.

Well, Salty Dogs isn't only a drink, but its hidden meaning was that of course salt came in the update. Hook, Line and Inker was not only a fishing term, but also implied the arrival of skittersquids this though, may  either have no joke, or we haven't found it yet.  

3 hours ago, Pixil said:

image.jpeg.f77eceaf140db7c5ba11816ff28e11b9.jpeg

This would be interesting, but do not forget its name, the Barnacle

I just wanted to do some research on berniques and barnacles but then realise I was looking for the wrong thing the hole time...

2.jpg.466436b024b539989aaa82537c7516c9.jpg

Anyway here's my thoughts on the update :grin:

I think we're gonna have a new small biome / setpiece in the ocean similar to the Brine Shoals (Cookie Cutters and salt formations) ! I've been expecting a new one for a long time...

The first thing suggesting a new location is the update name, quite obvious but "Troubled Waters" sounds interesting. What's inside will probably not be discovered before the update at the exception of the creature in the preview :

silhouette_barnacle.png.9d90080457db0f6929e0cf814089a8f8.pngthis mob itself is referred as a barnacle, an arthropod living on pretty much all surfaces in the ocean in colonies.

So I guess this will be very close to the Brine Shoals with a mob defending the place, but I expect it to behave similar to a Rock Lobster or Slurtles/Snurtles, with an armor to avoid damages, but something hostile this time.

Some arthropods such as the goose barnacles expand their body (which look kinda like a flower) to catch food and hide in a shell the rest of the time :

goosebarnacle.thumb.jpg.13a0f4a5a0e6b1db70397f1247731ab8.jpg

I haven't noticed any other animal that look closer to the new mob so I'm pretty sure it will be an over exaggerated goose(moose?) barnacle but with the look of a demogorgon... yeah it sure looks cool

Archived