On 6/17/2020 at 12:24 AM, jpmrocks said:

Give Wormwood's "plants are nice to him" perk some use in DST.

im really hoping this is the case too! Only having eyeplants as a sentient plant friend for wormwood in DST is so sad.. (especially when treeguards exist...)

the silhouette reminded me of this sadly unimplemented Hamlet mob: the Snap Dragon:

Snapdragon.thumb.png.5b6da13b583f79a38a0eccbbb62cc54f.png

Its so cute q_q 

Yeah, the "plants are nice to him" perk has basically no meaning in DST. The ONLY plant it applies to is the Lureplant. And this makes no sense either, as there are more plant animals in the game! The Saladmander, the Carrat too, the Corn Cod and the Popperfish (although there isnt anything you could do with these, I just added them for completion's sake). They could do a bunch of things with just these two. Make the Saladmanders befriendable, so they figth for Wormy, make the carrats also befriendable, and they I dunno collect twigs and grass and other stuff for him.

I just realized something. We won't be getting information about Troubled Waters. If you remember, they never gave out just info about the RoT updates. What we might be getting sometime soon is the beta branch. All the info is always given to us alongside the beta branch

8 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I just realized something. We won't be getting information about Troubled Waters. If you remember, they never gave out just info about the RoT updates. What we might be getting sometime soon is the beta branch. All the info is always given to us alongside the beta branch

5767619eb6fca_20160619-Fightingcorruptedforums.thumb.gif.26b551e9c37b512156abd44ab730f969.gif

10 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Yeah, the "plants are nice to him" perk has basically no meaning in DST. The ONLY plant it applies to is the Lureplant. And this makes no sense either, as there are more plant animals in the game! The Saladmander, the Carrat too, the Corn Cod and the Popperfish (although there isnt anything you could do with these, I just added them for completion's sake). They could do a bunch of things with just these two. Make the Saladmanders befriendable, so they figth for Wormy, make the carrats also befriendable, and they I dunno collect twigs and grass and other stuff for him.

Actually are anenemy friendly to him? I have no idea. I don’t really play wormwood.

3 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Actually are anenemy friendly to him? I have no idea. I don’t really play wormwood.

Anenemies are also based upon 2 real world beings that are animals(starfish and anemone), so I'd assume its handled as an animal in DST. 

I always thought Wormwood was going to have some treeguard/poison birchnut advantage, as they are mostly the same as he is (he is made from living logs too) and in the end he has troubles summoning them (you lose sanity by damaging trees in first place). 

But I guess befriending treeguards would be too OP.

In my head I picture Wormwood not being able to befriend Treeguards or Birchnutters but.. they would instead just Not Attack him, like I could picture a Birchnutter army marching to attack a group of players and a Wormwood steps out in front of them, the Bitchnutters look at Wormwood confused for a second and then march right around Wormwood in two different lines that reform on the other side of him to attack the non-Wormwoods behind him.

Its identical to seeing a trail of Ants.. putting something in the middle of that trail they don’t like, and watching them go around/ over/under and Ignore it to continue their line of marching.

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

to attack the non-Wormwoods behind him.

yeah thatd be really cute lol. 

i just think the entire thing is like an incompatibility issue between Wormwood's fantasy and the unavoidable gameplay need for wood/tree felling.. i agree Wormwood seems a much too gentle a soul to literally "befriend" the treeguards and i dont think the treeguards are looking for friends either lol! they're angry! Maybe Wormwood should be more efficient at pacifying them or something. (on the flipside the ability to intentionally wake up trees with an item or something would also be super awesome but i dont really think that would fit Wormwood) 

I just think he needs a small interaction like that just something, i see it as somewhat of a serious flaw for the animated plant character to have 0 interaction with the animated plant mobs... 

On 6/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, Ohan said:

im really hoping this is the case too! Only having eyeplants as a sentient plant friend for wormwood in DST is so sad.. (especially when treeguards exist...)

the silhouette reminded me of this sadly unimplemented Hamlet mob: the Snap Dragon:

Snapdragon.thumb.png.5b6da13b583f79a38a0eccbbb62cc54f.png

Its so cute q_q 

I recently thought of this too. I'm hoping Elder Mandrakes get introduced at some point as well.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, DaZoul said:

Maybe have carrats not run away, and saladmanders' fire not be able to burn Wormie?

On 6/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Mike23Ua said:

In my head I picture Wormwood not being able to befriend Treeguards or Birchnutters but.. they would instead just Not Attack him, like I could picture a Birchnutter army marching to attack a group of players and a Wormwood steps out in front of them, the Bitchnutters look at Wormwood confused for a second and then march right around Wormwood in two different lines that reform on the other side of him to attack the non-Wormwoods behind him.

Its identical to seeing a trail of Ants.. putting something in the middle of that trail they don’t like, and watching them go around/ over/under and Ignore it to continue their line of marching.

In DS, Wormie didnt have a sanity drain near treeguards, idk bout birchnutters, but its a silly thing they removed imo.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Okay 1- Klei has their own discord page??

and 2- Splitting the player base between who has and does not have DLC add on’s can be completely avoided altogether if they just made it so that only the Host needs to own those Add-On packs.. but ANYONE rather they do or do not own the DLC can join in and play.

This is how Minecraft has been doing it’s DLC for years... all it takes is a couple extra seconds or minutes of a longer loading screen for “Downloading DLC Assets” and Anyone can join my purchased Shipwrecked and Hamlet add-on’s.

When Klei stated they didn’t want to split their fanbase- they meant like how some other games do it... where players progress is blocked off by a paywall, The closest and most recent thing I can explain this as is- Ark Survival Evolved and it’s Paid DLC Add ons Scorched Earth, Extinction, Aberration.

THAT is Splitting your fanbase up between who owns and does not own the additional dlc expansions, However I can go right now to Minecraft and buy anything on the market place and my friends can join regardless of if they buy the pack themselves or not... 

This has lead my friends to be able to “Demo” dlc packs they were curious about, but didn’t want to risk buying for themselves, which often times results in them Later buying those DLCs for themselves so they can play in them without me needing to host it for them.

So I’ll repeat myself one last time- Until someone at Klei straight up says it’s something they never plan to do, I’ll keep hoping for it to become a thing.

Because when playing DS Giant Edition I can toggle which version of DS Giant I want to play in (Vanilla, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked or Hamlet) Something I can only wish DST could do someday in 2021...

1- No, but a few people from the team (like @/JoeW) are in the discord server.

2- That's one way to do it, but there's a few things that have happened that make this extremely unlikely as of right now.

A. This would mean less people would buy the dlc; Why would a group of friends buy the dlc if just one of them needs to own it? Minecraft is a much bigger game, and while i don't think Klei is desperate for money, there is a certain cost that comes from porting over those DLCs, I think, and if from every friend group most people just let one of the friends buy the dlc and everyone else doesn't spend a dime it would be a big profit loss. And even if you say this isn't a valid point, I present point B:

B. This would make it so klei has to erase all the thousands of hours of work put into the fan-made mods that were GREENLIT by them. Do you have any idea how much work went into those mods?? It was made completely for free by a group of dedicated fans, which Klei gave the thumbs up to, and if they released shipwrecked as DLC, they'd have to take down the mods from PC because it would basically be distributing the DLC for free, and that would be such a horrible thing to do; While they technically can, I personally think that a lot of people myself included would be rightfully angry about this! It would just grab all the hard work a group of people did for free and dump it into the trash.

They let them make those mods because they aren't going to be making the port of the DLCs. 

So I'll repeat myself, one last time.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:46 PM, Mike23Ua said:

So I’ll repeat myself one last time- Until someone at Klei straight up says it’s something they never plan to do, I’ll keep hoping for it to become a thing.

They have stated this before. It won't happen, and i'm very sorry. 

On 6/16/2020 at 6:24 PM, jpmrocks said:

I'm hoping it means Jungle content. Give Wormwood's "plants are nice to him" perk some use in DST.

Please, yes! I play wormwood as a main, and it's ridiculous that his "plants are nice to him" perk only gets used with the lure plants.

And that's only during spring when it's hell to be wormwood due to the constant hunger drain and the bees.

Just now, SnowdropPax said:

Please, yes! I play wormwood as a main, and it's ridiculous that his "plants are nice to him" perk only gets used with the lure plants.

And that's only during spring when it's hell to be wormwood due to the constant hunger drain and the bees.

He can also pick Sea Weeds without them agroing on him.

Just now, Hornete said:

He can also pick Sea Weeds without them agroing on him.

Yeah, that's a decent perk, but I still feel like there could be major room for improvement, or else don't advertise "Plants are nice to him" as a perk, if it's really only two plants. Helpful, sure, but I don't consider that a perk.

Yea, if someone where to ask me, "What is a biome missing from Don't Starve Together?" I would definitely answer a Jungle-like biome. Now this doesn't have to be an exact replica of the Shipwrecked, or Hamlet jungles, I want it far different, actually, maybe it could be a Lunar Jungle, or something like that, you get he point. The main thing is, I want a biome, where Wormwood can really feel at home, with his plant pals. Kinda like with Wurt and the Swamp. And like with Wurt and the Swamp, I would like this Jungle to be more accessible than, like the Lunar Islands. It could still be offshore, but maybe still visible from the Mainland.  

13 hours ago, SnowdropPax said:

Yeah, that's a decent perk, but I still feel like there could be major room for improvement, or else don't advertise "Plants are nice to him" as a perk, if it's really only two plants. Helpful, sure, but I don't consider that a perk.

I think it's about as impactful as a lot of other perks that are advertised. Wolfgang's fear, Wendy's damage penalty, WX's rain damage, Wickerbottom's insomnia and picky eater, Wes' balloons, Winona's Charlie dodge.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I think it's about as impactful as a lot of other perks that are advertised. Wolfgang's fear, Wendy's damage penalty, WX's rain damage, Wickerbottom's insomnia and picky eater, Wes' balloons, Winona's Charlie dodge.

These perks that you mentioned should have more impact too

Archived