1 minute ago, ADM said:

I just wanted to do some research on berniques and barnacles but then realise I was looking for the wrong thing the hole time...

2.jpg.466436b024b539989aaa82537c7516c9.jpg

Anyway here's my thoughts on the update :grin:

I think we're gonna have a new small biome / setpiece in the ocean similar to the Brine Shoals (Cookie Cutters and salt formations) ! I've been expecting a new one for a long time...

The first thing suggesting a new location is the update name, quite obvious but "Troubled Waters" sounds interesting. What's inside will probably not be discovered before the update at the exception of the creature in the preview :

silhouette_barnacle.png.9d90080457db0f6929e0cf814089a8f8.pngthis mob itself is referred as a barnacle, an arthropod living on pretty much all surfaces in the ocean in colonies.

So I guess this will be very close to the Brine Shoals with a mob defending the place, but I expect it to behave similar to a Rock Lobster or Slurtles/Snurtles, with an armor to avoid damages, but something hostile this time.

Some arthropods such as the goose barnacles expand their body (which look kinda like a flower) to catch food and hide in a shell the rest of the time :

goosebarnacle.thumb.jpg.13a0f4a5a0e6b1db70397f1247731ab8.jpg

I haven't noticed any other animal that look closer to the new mob so I'm pretty sure it will be an over exaggerated goose(moose?) barnacle but with the look of a demogorgon... yeah it sure looks cool

Another interesting fact about Barnacles is, that they will gladly live on the bottom of ships, and that is the recipe to horror

Each of the updates have had a theme the name of the update pokes fun of a popular saying, song, or rhyme regarding water or the beach..

Update 1- Turn of Tide (The moon breaks a chunk of it crashes into the ocean a massive tidal wave washes over Wilson and a hound as they fight over food)

Update 2- Salty Dog (A saying pirates would say when aboard their ships like arrr Ye Salty Dog) 

Update 3- Hook, Line & Inker (Inker to highlight the Skittersquid mob but normally a fisherman’s term I caught Em Hook, Line & Sinker.. referring to a fishing hook, line and well you get the idea)

Update 4- She Sells Sea Shells (A Highly popular American Tongue Twister rhyme, She Sells Sea Shells by the Seashore, how many Sea Shells does She Sell when She Sells Sea Shells by the Seashore?)

Update 5- Troubled Waters.. 

(Literally the ONLY Thing I can think of because it pops into my mind and refuses to go away is an old song- “Like a Bridge over Troubled Waters.. I Will lay me down.)

I will link the song in question here- just encase I’m butchering the actual lyrics.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Each of the updates have had a theme the name of the update pokes fun of a popular saying, song, or rhyme regarding water or the beach..

Update 1- Turn of Tide (The moon breaks a chunk of it crashes into the ocean a massive tidal wave washes over Wilson and a hound as they fight over food)

Update 2- Salty Dog (A saying pirates would say when aboard their ships like arrr Ye Salty Dog) 

Update 3- Hook, Line & Inker (Inker to highlight the Skittersquid mob but normally a fisherman’s term I caught Em Hook, Line & Sinker.. referring to a fishing hook, line and well you get the idea)

Update 4- She Sells Sea Shells (A Highly popular American Tongue Twister rhyme, She Sells Sea Shells by the Seashore, how many Sea Shells does She Sell when She Sells Sea Shells by the Seashore?)

Update 5- Troubled Waters.. 

(Literally the ONLY Thing I can think of because it pops into my mind and refuses to go away is an old song- “Like a Bridge over Troubled Waters.. I Will lay me down.)

I will link the song in question here- just encase I’m butchering the actual lyrics.

Yes, that is exactly what I said. A Salty Dog is a drink by the way

2 hours ago, ADM said:

I just wanted to do some research on berniques and barnacles but then realise I was looking for the wrong thing the hole time...

2.jpg.466436b024b539989aaa82537c7516c9.jpg

Anyway here's my thoughts on the update :grin:

I think we're gonna have a new small biome / setpiece in the ocean similar to the Brine Shoals (Cookie Cutters and salt formations) ! I've been expecting a new one for a long time...

The first thing suggesting a new location is the update name, quite obvious but "Troubled Waters" sounds interesting. What's inside will probably not be discovered before the update at the exception of the creature in the preview :

silhouette_barnacle.png.9d90080457db0f6929e0cf814089a8f8.pngthis mob itself is referred as a barnacle, an arthropod living on pretty much all surfaces in the ocean in colonies.

So I guess this will be very close to the Brine Shoals with a mob defending the place, but I expect it to behave similar to a Rock Lobster or Slurtles/Snurtles, with an armor to avoid damages, but something hostile this time.

Some arthropods such as the goose barnacles expand their body (which look kinda like a flower) to catch food and hide in a shell the rest of the time :

goosebarnacle.thumb.jpg.13a0f4a5a0e6b1db70397f1247731ab8.jpg

I haven't noticed any other animal that look closer to the new mob so I'm pretty sure it will be an over exaggerated goose(moose?) barnacle but with the look of a demogorgon... yeah it sure looks cool

I feel scared.

Idk I hope that this update will finally start changing the game a bit. After all in 2020 roadmap the devs did aknowledge the fact that community wants some changes to the game. Yet as of now updates were pretty much the same as NR updates

So uhh remember how Klei said to start scrutinizing every little thing that they post? I’m doing that now & I feel pretty confident that with JoeW’s recent post in the Klei rewards thread, that we have a fairly educated guess as to when the next update will be (or at least the Beta of said Update) I mean there’s a Countdown Timer & everything!

A26E62A1-848A-45F0-9219-ED9DB13057EB.png

A99ED9E4-3392-4E82-9DE9-1EB11743FC9D.png

i had made a post about this, thinking i was being smart and cool and would have people speculating on my thread.

turns out it was redundant, so i'll just paste my thoughts that i had here.

personally i see something that looks like a siren, from Greek myths, which would lure in sailors with their sweet melodies, but i'd think that's a bit too controlling since my only idea of how it could lure players in was by literally taking control of players. i also see some sort of telescope-like-item in what appears to be it's arm. also the flower head is just weird, so it might be a combo of the siren and some big plant.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Barnacles are the animals with the biggest penis in comparation with their bodies

Useless disgusting fact :D

you...really didn't have to tell me that...

as in, a few days ago...i was scrapping barnacles with my uncle...so...

Excuse me, i must go take a shower longer than Aphrodite did after she learned of how she was born...then maybe vomit...followed by excessive drinking...(why must i know this)

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I was hoping we would get a tease for this today, guess not though, I’m sad- Maybe next week! 

Yea, what we know for sure, is that the update will be coming in July. the update of June (Waltuhboi) came on the 15th, so logically, the update of July should come around this time, but this part isn't that sure. If it came on the 18th tho, that would be pretty cool, cause that's my birthday. But returning to the topic at hand, they usually post an update a week before the actual update, except with Waltuhboi, that was pretty unusual, which suggests that this may not be the case but one thing remained consistent: The little teaser update comes on the week before the actual thing, so if we look at the first part of this poem of a reply, the teaser should in theory come next week, if we're lucky that is, as of course development can go wrong or even right in all the ways, blah blah you get the point 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:32 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

i had made a post about this, thinking i was being smart and cool and would have people speculating on my thread.

turns out it was redundant, so i'll just paste my thoughts that i had here.

personally i see something that looks like a siren, from Greek myths, which would lure in sailors with their sweet melodies, but i'd think that's a bit too controlling since my only idea of how it could lure players in was by literally taking control of players. i also see some sort of telescope-like-item in what appears to be it's arm. also the flower head is just weird, so it might be a combo of the siren and some big plant.

you...really didn't have to tell me that...

as in, a few days ago...i was scrapping barnacles with my uncle...so...

Excuse me, i must go take a shower longer than Aphrodite did after she learned of how she was born...then maybe vomit...followed by excessive drinking...(why must i know this)

These ideas certainly are interesting. But my major idea, or more of a point is, that barnacles love settling down on the bottom of ships, as you mentioned, and I am pretty dang sure that we will be seeing some o that creepy biz

3 hours ago, TheHollowKnight said:

There is still hope for update tonight.

I wouldn't worry about it not being tonight. Walter was announced on what, a Wednesday? and released on a Monday, which goes to show Klei has become unpredictable. I'm sure we'll get news when they're ready. :joyous:

On 6/16/2020 at 11:53 PM, Mike23Ua said:

You know, people keep saying that a lot and until I officially hear it from Klei themselves I’m going to keep hoping..

The thing is.. it was. I'm sure someone can link it to you but while I don't have it on me right now, i THINK klei has officially stated they don't want to port the DLC over to not split the fanbase. it's the whole reason why they allowed people to make mods for the DLC (the mod creators OBVIOUSLY had to ask for permission from Klei, which allowed them to go through with it, if i remember the discord convos correctly), which is why everyone doubts it.

4 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

The thing is.. it was. I'm sure someone can link it to you but while I don't have it on me right now, i THINK klei has officially stated they don't want to port the DLC over to not split the fanbase. it's the whole reason why they allowed people to make mods for the DLC (the mod creators OBVIOUSLY had to ask for permission from Klei, which allowed them to go through with it, if i remember the discord convos correctly), which is why everyone doubts it.

Okay 1- Klei has their own discord page??

and 2- Splitting the player base between who has and does not have DLC add on’s can be completely avoided altogether if they just made it so that only the Host needs to own those Add-On packs.. but ANYONE rather they do or do not own the DLC can join in and play.

This is how Minecraft has been doing it’s DLC for years... all it takes is a couple extra seconds or minutes of a longer loading screen for “Downloading DLC Assets” and Anyone can join my purchased Shipwrecked and Hamlet add-on’s.

When Klei stated they didn’t want to split their fanbase- they meant like how some other games do it... where players progress is blocked off by a paywall, The closest and most recent thing I can explain this as is- Ark Survival Evolved and it’s Paid DLC Add ons Scorched Earth, Extinction, Aberration.

THAT is Splitting your fanbase up between who owns and does not own the additional dlc expansions, However I can go right now to Minecraft and buy anything on the market place and my friends can join regardless of if they buy the pack themselves or not... 

This has lead my friends to be able to “Demo” dlc packs they were curious about, but didn’t want to risk buying for themselves, which often times results in them Later buying those DLCs for themselves so they can play in them without me needing to host it for them.

So I’ll repeat myself one last time- Until someone at Klei straight up says it’s something they never plan to do, I’ll keep hoping for it to become a thing.

Because when playing DS Giant Edition I can toggle which version of DS Giant I want to play in (Vanilla, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked or Hamlet) Something I can only wish DST could do someday in 2021...

So interesting thing- I was judging my prediction of when the next update may have been entirely off the posts JoeW made With the countdown calander As well as the In-Game skin sale that ended on the 25th.... 

However- As soon as that sale expired it restarted again and now reads as- 
Expires in 11 Days.

This is Good news for people who wanted to pick up skins on sale (the entire store is on sale still with exception to newly released Walter stuffs.)

But this is BAD news for people who thought when the sale ended on the 25th that there would be a new game update.

(I was probably the only one who was thinking that anyway..)

Regardless- The Shop sale has now been extended for another 11 Days.... surely there’s a reason for that right???

image.jpg

Archived