Anyone is happy that the fourth character is a human?

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No lycanthrope are mutants.... did you guys ever like watch Xmen or Underworld movies at all? o.O 

i did read clasic books and lycanthropes are not mutants, that is a modern version. Werewolfs are cursed humans

4 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

Yes, congratulations, you have discovered that mythical monsters are often used as a (stupid) parallel for racism. Just because someone is hunted down because they are considered a freak does not make them not human. You're not arguing that he isn't actually human just that a bunch of fictional racists also think fictional people like him aren't.

lovecraft's descriptions to the deep ones (merms)...

Wow man the internet.. okay so uhm I’m just going to say that if Walter goes full out Bruce Banner don’t say I didn’t try to tell you ahead of time.

Theres two reasons for this-

1- Klei specifically stated they did not want any lore heavy characters to be locked behind being DLC Content, which is exactly why the other 3 have been non-human creatures. 

2- Since he is in fact NOT a free update and is considered as DLC, Then any lore tied to him simply would not be possible unless Klei is backtracking on #1

Conclusion- He May not even be human at ALL and instead is a creature that can take on human identity.

Does Ditto from Detective Pikachu count as a Human? Ladies and Gentleman I rest my case here. That’s all I’ve got left to say. 

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

A human who is hunted down because he is abnormal and often killed, I mean did you guys ever stop to think that maybe the reason Woodies face is on a Wanted poster isn’t because he robbed a jewelry store or was an Axe murderer, Maybe just MAYBE his Lycanthrope was just seen as him being a “Freak” hunted down by those who do not understand him as anything less than “Monster”

this game is not designed for children it’s rated 13+ and much of its lore is based off various movies, tv shows, and folklore.

These Lycanthrope people were often hunted down with stakes, pitchforks and flaming torches, just as if they were some Sea Creature.

I mean it's all fine and dandy but we're not on woodies salem trial. So before you derail this thread any further with tooth fairies, werewolves and pokemons im gonna kindly ask you to stop, because again, this is not a "monster woodie confirmed" thread, as you probably noticed. If you want to discuss woodie being a monster/psychopath/serial killer etc. make a seperate thread about it, i don't see the issue, just expect people to have diffrent opinions. Don't clog this thread with your rather "out of place" comparisons. Thanks.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Wow man the internet.. okay so uhm I’m just going to say that if Walter goes full out Bruce Banner don’t say I didn’t try to tell you ahead of time.

Theres two reasons for this-

1- Klei specifically stated they did not want any lore heavy characters to be locked behind being DLC Content, which is exactly why the other 3 have been non-human creatures. 

2- Since he is in fact NOT a free update and is considered as DLC, Then any lore tied to him simply would not be possible unless Klei is backtracking on #1

Conclusion- He May not even be human at ALL and instead is a creature that can take on human identity.

Does Ditto from Detective Pikachu count as a Human? Ladies and Gentleman I rest my case here. That’s all I’ve got left to say. 

ditto from Pokemon red and green*

also you should accept when you are wrong, isnt a bad thing make mistakes or not knowing something. But if instead of trying to learn it you keep trying to have reason you will not learn nothing and then you will vote trump or something like that

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ditto from Pokemon red and green*

also you should accept when you are wrong, isnt a bad thing make mistakes or not knowing something. But if instead of trying to learn it you keep trying to have reason you will not learn nothing and then you will vote trump or something like that

Yeah uhh spoiler alert don’t click this if you haven’t watched detective pikachu.

Spoiler

I specifically choose Ditto from detective Pikachu and NOT Pokémon Red and Green.. because Ditto never transformed into a HUMAN shape in those old games, in the movie however ditto transforms into the identity of both the blonde girl reporter, and the main villain.

38 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

Therian meaning... the group of mammals including placentals and marsupials?

Term for what, though? I don't understand what this is response to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy#Psychiatric_aspects

Whoops, I mean "Therianthrope". The English manga "Moonlight Meow" shortened it to just Therian to make it a catch all term. Sorry.

I like monster/non human character designs in DS, so it is kind of a bummer. But to be honest, I didn't expect all new characters to be non humans. 

For me, the fact that Walter is a boy scout tells me nothing, we'll see about his gameplay/perks. I mean, Wicker is a "boring librarian" yet she is God, so i don't really care about the job of the new dudes, but what they bring to the table. 

6 minutes ago, Superlucas1231 said:

I'm just glad Walter has a good character design and doesn't look like the bug eyed goblin Shrek reject that is Wurt.

I just wish Klei doesn't do him dirty as they did with Winona

H-Hey! I like Wurt.. she is very cute :) <3 I don’t use Default Wurt though she is unappealing to me, I use the Abyssal skin on her (the one that makes her look like Half Merm Half Angler fish) 

I don’t use the full skin set though because I still want her to maintain SOME Degree of distinct Mermish look

image.jpg

I would be fine with either human or non-human additions. But yeah, since it's been a while since we got a new human character I'm pretty curious about how Walter is going to turn out!

This might be the last new DLC character, so after that I hope we get Walani in DST!

3 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

This might be the last new DLC character-

I dunno... They seem to be enjoying themselves with the new characters. We are getting our 4th newcomer just after the 5th rework (and that's counting Warly as a rework instead of new character). Either that or they just wanted to get all the new characters out of the way quickly lol

19 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I dunno... They seem to be enjoying themselves with the new characters. We are getting our 4th newcomer just after the 5th rework (and that's counting Warly as a rework instead of new character). Either that or they just wanted to get all the new characters out of the way quickly lol

There is still room for more, that Rock Lobster concept someone pitched awhile back sounded really good to me.

I also would like to see Charlie playable someday, but with weird Shadow powers and world manipulating abilities because we already have her sister Winona to fill the boring human role everyone uses then swaps out after they build her structures.

A new human is a breath of fresh air. With monsters, you can do more things with them, which also means you have more room for error and imperfection. I myself love playing as monstrous characters, but we already have a good handful of them.

32 minutes ago, Canis said:

A new human is a breath of fresh air. With monsters, you can do more things with them, which also means you have more room for error and imperfection. I myself love playing as monstrous characters, but we already have a good handful of them.

I just want to know how they plan to handle him, they said that dlc characters would be unimportant to the games lore- But I would think that a new human being sucked in from the real world would be pretty lore heavy. The other 3 DLCs were written in as having been in the constant all this time already.

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want to know how they plan to handle him, they said that dlc characters would be unimportant to the games lore- But I would think that a new human being sucked in from the real world would be pretty lore heavy. The other 3 DLCs were written in as having been in the constant all this time already.

I don't think Walter will be very lore heavy (then again, we haven't seen his short yet), but he will most likely come with his own backstory that won't contribute to the overall lore of the story. He's probably just another survivor looking to return home. :joyous:

I'm personally a bit disappointed its a another child character...if he was like an adult ranger who happened to get involved in the constant it would be more interesting. Since Rangers are pretty much professional wilderness people it would be cool to see but eh.

I'm extremely happy we're getting a human character. I honestly do not really care for any of the non-human characters that aren't WX or Webber, none of them except those two seem to  have any real motivation to help the survivors. The non-human characters are fine additions I just find them a bit dull.

1 minute ago, TheDoughboy1917 said:

none of them except those two seem to  have any real motivation to help the survivors.

I think with Wilba, she's mutually indebted to the survivors. They helped her be free from her mother and they help her explore a world she couldn't explore before.
If she ever comes to DST, I'm sure they'll emphasize that.

Archived