Anyone is happy that the fourth character is a human?

32 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Wormwood- judging by his quotes where he always mentions that he won't eat their souls when examining their ghosts. 

Yeah.. this from the same character who refers to long meat as “Belly Stuffs” 

41 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

"Wormwood" is the combination of the things that make him. His birth was when he was given sentience, as he had no conscious mind before this. The vines are not wormwood. 

Well, that's fair, but Wormwood didn't really born as a child but as a fully grown magical plant thing made out of non-sentient living beings, and my point was that he's not a child in the sense of being a young member of his species and being treated as such, mentally? yeah sure, you're right about that. 

Also, changing the subject back to the original post's, I'm afraid Walter might be a Wheeler rip-off lol, i hope i'm wrong, though. And it's also weird how they decided to make him part of the mostly non-human dlc characters, rather inconsistent and weird change, but i'll wait until his release before judging any further.

I'm not really happy

We had 3 non-human characters that aren't lore-heavy and originate from the Constant. 

And now there's a human character. It ruins the theme we had going on.

Not to mention that my first impression of Walter was rather... bland.

He is a child like Webber/Wendy, looks like young Warly and that slingshot is probably Wheeler's perk. Idk, I'll have to wait for his release to see if he's good or not.

For me all that matters is game-play and inherent pros/cons - that "makes or breaks" a character in my view.

Hope this next one, Walter, brings a viable ranged-combat alternative to melee - fine dpm to substitute the latter in his case. Ofc if he's a ranged character to begin with.

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

For me all that matters is game-play and inherent pros/cons - that "makes or breaks" a character in my view.

Hope this next one, Walter, brings a viable ranged-combat alternative to melee - fine dpm to substitute the latter in his case. Ofc if he's a ranged character to begin with.

Ranged attacker would be nice but it should be Wheeler

Maybe Walter as a scout will have survival skills.

I love the character design, but him being a human just... confuses me. I was under the assumption that all DLC characters were going to be "non-canonical" in the sense that they aren't part of the overall story of trying to escape. Wortox, Wormwood, and Wurt are all Constant born, and do not have a desire to escape their world. I figured that's why Warly was considered a rework and Wormwood was not, since he is now with the other human survivors in trying to get back to the world that they know.

Having a new human just completely throws that theory out the window (unless he is not DLC for some reason) because he will be right there with the survivor group trying to get back home.

I still wish that he was a MacTusk themed character named Wallace...

21 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Woodie IS human. Just because he can change forms via totems doesnt mean he's somekind of space vomit that turns into anything it devours.

He’s less human and more of a lycanthrope actually.. don’t know what that is?? Guess you don’t play Elder Scrolls games -shrugs-

Its a person or entity that transforms into another form (most commonly a Werewolf) but WereBeaver, WereMoose, And WereGoose all equally count as Lycanthropy.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

He’s less human and more of a lycanthrope actually.. don’t know what that is?? Guess you don’t play Elder Scrolls games -shrugs-

Its a person or entity that transforms into another form (most commonly a Werewolf) but WereBeaver, WereMoose, And WereGoose all equally count as Lycanthropy.

lycanthrope are human, as you said, infected or cursed so woodie is human

also elder scrolls doenst invent that therm xD

23 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

lycanthrope are human, as you said, infected or cursed so woodie is human

also elder scrolls doenst invent that therm xD

No lycanthrope are mutants.... did you guys ever like watch Xmen or Underworld movies at all? o.O 

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No lycanthrope are mutants.... did you guys ever like watch Xmen or Underworld movies at all? o.O 

You do realise the word "lycanthrope" isnt from xmen movies, underworld or skyrim? It originates form folklore stories and greek mythology, they're not mutants. Other than that i dont see how this comparison of yours negates my point, he's still a human, cursed or not. You should really do some research before you spout out nonsense, just saying.

1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

You should turn off your TV.

That’s not really helpful to the conversation, I’m just saying that this kid can look human at first glance just like Woodie and then all of a Sudden he becomes Bruce Banner.

We don’t KNOW for certain until Klei Confirms he actually is just an average human.

43 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lycanthrope means someone who is a werewolf. It comes from a greek word meaning "wolf man." Certain fictional universes take that term and make it universal to werethings but inherently it means wolf man.

That being said, i don't like the implication that if you are infected with a disease (which is how lycanthropy is most often explained) you are less human.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

"Mutants" I don't know anything about Underworld, but in the X-men universe, the mutants ARE humans, just humans with slightly altered genetics. 

Typically, both a lycanthrope and the mutants from X-men can breed with humans and create fertile offspring. That means they are the same species and thus, human, but with slight genetic alterations.

Woodie IS human. Even though he is cursed, he is 100% a human being.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

The term is "Therian".

We really don't know anything about Walter is except for his scout uniform. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe we should wait.

Therian meaning... the group of mammals including placentals and marsupials?

Term for what, though? I don't understand what this is response to. 
Whatever it is, why are monotremes excluded :(

2 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:Woodie IS human. Even though he is cursed, he is 100% a human being.

A human who is hunted down because he is abnormal and often killed, I mean did you guys ever stop to think that maybe the reason Woodies face is on a Wanted poster isn’t because he robbed a jewelry store or was an Axe murderer, Maybe just MAYBE his Lycanthrope was just seen as him being a “Freak” hunted down by those who do not understand him as anything less than “Monster”

this game is not designed for children it’s rated 13+ and much of its lore is based off various movies, tv shows, and folklore.

These Lycanthrope people were often hunted down with stakes, pitchforks and flaming torches, just as if they were some Sea Creature.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

something insane

Yes, congratulations, you have discovered that mythical monsters are often used as a (stupid) parallel for racism. Just because someone is hunted down because they are considered a freak does not make them not human. You're not arguing that he isn't actually human just that a bunch of fictional racists also think fictional people like him aren't.

Archived