Why is Woodie's forehead so huge?

4 minutes ago, Auth said:

kind of a rude question imo, how would you feel if someone asked you why your forehead is so big

I was just making a observation based on how the hair is a bit of a challenge the part where his hair should be spreading is on his forehead rather than the top of his head.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:17 AM, minespatch said:

I was just making a observation based on how the hair is a bit of a challenge the part where his hair should be spreading is on his forehead rather than the top of his head.

This statement implies Woodie is either wearing a fringe or

Spoiler

this wig

Perruque-avec-barbe-et-moustache-rousse-

and nobody is ready for this talk Minespatch

But hey, I also thought that we weren't ready to talk about stockpiling a beaver brain on a humain brain, but this thread happened to make that point :applause:

More seriously, with the recent Woddie's rework and the tone of its associated trailer, I feel that Klei decided to make Woodie a funny character in contrast with more gritty ones, as Willow or Wendy per example. Maybe at one time lobotomy Woodie was a thing in mind, with maybe schizophrenia regarding Lucy (treated with lobotomy in the early 1900's) but now I think this trail leads nowhere. Woodie is now a goofy Ben 10ish canadian lumberjack that happens to have a sentient axe.

I love tortured souls, and the movie Sucker Punch (no spoils) so I regret a bit that turn of tides. But he's fun to play I read all the times, so it might be worth it I guess

I don't think the unimplemented skin with the scar means anything as far as canon backstory goes, because by now if that scar was canon we'd have seen it in one of the skins where his hair's shorter or swept back and his hairline's visible, like Roseate and Verdant. Although the placement of that scar he has in the Magmatic skin and the bandage in his hockey skin might be a homage to it. I wouldn't be surprised if Klei considered giving him a backstory where something happened to his brain (whether early 20th century hacksaw neurosurgery, mad science, or some kind of bizarre accident) and changed their minds, though.

Technically lobotomies were only invented in the 1930s, but a) Klei have never been sticklers for historical accuracy and b) there were earlier attempts to cure mental illness with brain surgery before that specific procedure, so this is more of a nerdy medical-history footnote than something that makes an actual difference.

I've been thinking about it, and I have some other theories:

-He stores his pinecones there for the winter like a squirrel whenever a treeguard shows up

-Where he stores his love for Lucy

I do not take any criticism at this time.

Archived