Why is Woodie's forehead so huge?

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ye, that skin makes me thing that woodie was kidnapped and just wake up in constance but klei has take another path with this character :/

There's also the missing poster in Winona's short so he was definitely going through a traumatic experience before or during his travel to the Constant:

latest?cb=20190307213533

Just now, minespatch said:

There's also the missing poster in Winona's short so he was definitely going through a traumatic experience before or during his travel to the Constant:

latest?cb=20190307213533

i like the new woodie but i think klei was thinking darkest things for him. A man with a talking axe (before dst we dont even know if only woodies hear her) sounds like a psico killer from the woods, his dark secret (that has his comical touch but not a lot like the new one), being missing in a misterious circunstances and then that skin that seems like someone kidnapped in a horror sanatorium (someone fly over cuckoo's nest and other sanatorium theme books). The mix between humor, dark and a good challenging gameplay was perfect (i only hate to drop stuff in the floor xD)

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i like the new woodie but i think klei was thinking darkest things for him. A man with a talking axe (before dst we dont even know if only woodies hear her) sounds like a psico killer from the woods, his dark secret (that has his comical touch but not a lot like the new one), being missing in a misterious circunstances and then that skin that seems like someone kidnapped in a horror sanatorium (someone fly over cuckoo's nest and other sanatorium theme books). The mix between humor, dark and a good challenging gameplay was perfect (i only hate to drop stuff in the floor xD)

Who knows, we might get some more lore drops about him in the future. Not sure why Klei decided to do a silly trailer first to show off their new abilities.

I would be perfectly fine with a later short about his past in the future.

30 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

edit: the most i see this most creepy i think it is, totally love it (pls klei)

Is that skin canon? I've never seen it before.Ā 

Woodie's regular design is... debatable. I've never really seen him drawn consistently by anyone. I genuinely have no idea what's going on with his hair, cause even his regular portrait looks different than his ingame sprite.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

Is that skin canon? I've never seen it before.Ā 

Woodie's regular design is... debatable. I've never really seen him drawn consistently by anyone. I genuinely have no idea what's going on with his hair, cause even his regular portrait looks different than his ingame sprite.Ā 

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Features#Skins_Concepts

have funĀ 

I was always wondering if Wagstaff was into, you know... unethical medical practices, especially because Woodie's disappearance is directly involved with Voxola. It seems that idea was at least toyed with, whether the skin is canon or not and may be implemented later.Ā 

it's because he learned how to use 100% of his brain instead of 10%. this is why he can use the power of his mind to alter his body on a cellular level to turn into different animals.

Spoiler

or he was kidnapped and a screecher baby egg was planted into his head and in a few years it will hatch and he will turn into a screecher

Ā 

Woodie isnt a human, atleast not Completely. He is not a monster because none of the pigs or bunnyman attack his were forms and his quote for the beefalo hair (just like my beard.)suggests that he is a animal looking like a human. Thats why he's beard is so unnatural and dosent grow after a while and the reason why he dosent shave is most likely because he would drop beefalo hair instead of normal beard hair.Ā 

Atleast that or he's canadian origin has something to do with it.Ā 

2 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

Woodie isnt a human, atleast not Completely. He is not a monster because none of the pigs or bunnyman attack his were forms and his quote for the beefalo hair (just like my beard.)suggests that he is a animal looking like a human. Thats why he's beard is so unnatural and dosent grow after a while and the reason why he dosent shave is most likely because he would drop beefalo hair instead of normal beard hair.Ā 

Atleast that or he's canadian origin has something to do with it.Ā 

Thing is, Walani comments the beefalo wool ā€œlooks more like hair to meā€, so maybe the beefalo wool just feels more like human hair than actual wool. So I don't think it would be weird, per se, for it to feel like Woodie's beard, if it looks a lot like regular hair already? The beefalo wool sprite doesn't look very woolly anyway.

Although, I can see it ifĀ the weremoose dropped beefalo wool when he turned back to a human.Ā 

I wonder if it was to house more than one brain, Woodie was described as being a "bit of a lunkhead" in a post by Kevin, and is also obsessed with trees/wood/chopping. This could be a side effect of having a beaver's brain artificially inserted into your head cavity.(?)

I wonder if that unused lobotomy skin is linked to his missing poster seen in the Next of Kin short. Perhaps he went missing as a result of some freak science/doctoringĀ experiment.Ā :nightmare:

Ā 

*(?) - Not sure if Woodie was always obsessed with trees or if it became more of a noticeable obsession after he obtained his curse.

8 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

*(?) - Not sure if Woodie was always obsessed with trees or if it became more of a noticeable obsession after he obtained his curse.

hes Canadian it's a good 50/50 chance hes just Like That

trust me I'm canadian every time I see a pine tree my brain turns off. also can't guarantee that all of us aren't secretly half beaverĀ 

1 hour ago, pecknxck said:

hes Canadian it's a good 50/50 chance hes just Like That

trust me I'm canadian every time I see a pine tree my brain turns off. also can't guarantee that all of us aren't secretly half beaverĀ 

Shhh, don't spoil our Canadian secret!

Archived