Don't Starve Together tier list!

29 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Woodie had a terrible secret... Sigh. Klei ruined it by adding new wereforms just for gameplay and fun. 

How and why he got trapped in Constant, why he is cursed and who is goddamn Lucy anyway

they are reworking all character to have "downsides" that doesnt disturb but at the end the character has no downside...

unknown.png

My absolutely not biased, fair and balanced tier list, and everybody will like it 

Spoiler

sarcasm 

Wes is S tier cuz he is too op plz nerf thx; max and woodie are A cuz they can mine and chop fast; winona, wicker and wendy are B tier cuz they can kill without getting their hands dirty, wigfrid and willow are C tier cuz they are crazy; warly is D cuz he sucks if u dont play feast and famine; wortox, wormwood and wurt are E cuz u need 2 pay money 4 them; and webber is F cuz he is webber.

Spoiler

sarcasm too

edit: yea, image is lost because the discord channel where i posted it is wiping periodically

Wortox really changed the character meta for DST. You can pretty much pick any character and do well when you have a Wortox on your team. This is coming from a console player who cant even take full advantage of the free lazy explorer teleports with how it works on controller. He's just that strong. 

The only thing I disagree with is that Wendy should be there with Wortox. She's definitely the most braindead character to play. Pretty sure my 6 year old sister who has trouble beating the tutorial level in Minecraft Dungeons could survive till winter as Wendy. 

On 5/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nikki Darks said:

I've played every single character for at least a full year to get a feeling of how they work

god for a second i thought you meant for an ACTUAL year. and was going to say "But wurt hasnt been out for a full year"
then i realized you meant an in game year...

Sorry just thought it was funny and had to comment

On 7/10/2020 at 8:58 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

god for a second i thought you meant for an ACTUAL year. and was going to say "But wurt hasnt been out for a full year"
then i realized you meant an in game year...

Sorry just thought it was funny and had to comment

I may be a no lifer, but not that much xD

Personally, I think Webber should be higher and Warly and Wurt should be lower. 

Warly is great because of the food he can cook but his hunger drain is kind of crazy, paired with the fact he won't eat raw food makes it very easy to die of starvation.

Wurt, although her perks are good, I feel like it takes too long and requires too much effort for them to be worth anything. The royal tapestry takes forever to make and you have to feed the merm king constantly, it's really too much work to bother with.

Just my opinions! Thanks for sharing and don't let any hate you might receive get to you.

An update I suppose.

Walter is IMO an A tier character.

He doesn't have overly influential perks, most of them are sanity based.

His slingshot is below mediocre, but in a large group a good safe dps. WIth people to tank the boss and keep it in place you can't miss. And the slow down rounds help if you need to heal up or smth.

Woby is his best perk IMO, inventory space is great, and all items inside of her are safe from anything besides splumonkeys.

He's a useful Wilson and he can explore the map easier.

He's just. He's just OK. All of his perks can be ignored IMO, but he does fill the niche I suppose. A disappointment, but not terrible or useless.

His slingshot works with buffs, such as Warly recipes and stuff.

I like your list. Agree with a lot of it. I don't think Wurt is that great though mostly because of the funky Merm AI. I always had so much trouble getting them to do what I wanted them to do unless I fed them. If nearby Merms with a king would aggro on any enemies that came nearby like spiders do or would come to your aid when you're being attacked they'd be perfect. I hated having a base filled with Merms and they just look on non-chalantly as I fight hounds by myself (as a Merm!). They want to de-aggro so bad it just becomes annoying in the long run.

Their kiting AI is also annoying and probably evens out their overall DPS with that of bunnymen, lowering their usefulness further.

Edit: For the fun of it I compared the dps of bunnymen and loyal merm guards and bunnymen have a higher dps because of their shorter attack period. Of course Merms still have higher health though (with a king) so they'll last longer in a fight.

Bunnyman DPS = 20

Loyal Merm Guard DPS = 16.67

On 5/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, Nikki Darks said:

(Maxwell)

Oh boy, Maxwell is trash. There is no scenario (besides you liking Maxwell more) in which you'd choose Maxwell over Woodie, there's just no scenario.
Maxwell comes with 75HP, and high maintenance puppets (they summon treeguards while Beaver doesn't).

You can argue that he can infinitely farm nightmare fuel, but Bernie does it better.

But yeah, he used to replace Woodie, but now the tides have turned.

Interesting list, but I disagree on this assessment. Maxwell's puppets spawning treeguards is a plus in my book, since they are super easy to fight and living logs are always useful.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, emin61 said:

image.thumb.png.e9240dc76bdedeb532d79714efd5d7d2.png

My tierlist. My opinon is not yours and if you wanna discuss it with a cup of tea and butterbrezel, we can.

This is about efficency and how good a character can be. im lazy to tell why because its too much to explain the way i would explain.

Yo what's a butterbrezel that sounds delicious RN

On 5/17/2020 at 5:57 AM, Ninja Survivor said:

I read a similar analysis of the DST characters a couple of years ago. Don't remember where exactly, could have been on this very forum. That person had an interesting point about Wes. Picking him is a sign of extreme confidence in one's ability as a player. Wes players know this game in and out, they are completely focused and utterly fearless. Plus, you know, balloons.

That part is actually true. I mean I mostly agree with the points provided in this tier list but it's just gauging characters in a vacuum whereas any character you encounter, especially in Klei Official servers and other pubs will often behave differently, which makes me wonder if it's ever porrible to make an "average behavior adjusted" tierlist.

For instance, while I agree that Warly is sublime with providing his team with lots of benefits, more than half of the Warly players I encounter barely know a quarter of the recipes in the game at best, constantly suffering with him.

Conversely while Woodie is mathematically superior to Maxwell now with not only wood collecting but also mineral collection (While not mentioned in the tierlist, Bearger is also a great tool at mining), a majority of Woodie players I encounter don't bother with basic resource collection despite having the best Axe AND a transfomation specialized in resource collection while mostly having a Maxwell in the team indicates having chests load of logs and minerals since many Maxwel players take it as their mission to hoard materials.

And as you said, conscious Wes players are sometimes some of the best players the game can offer, instead of being a detriment with their more hunger, benediting your team greatly. And the list goes on like that...

I have the ability to move and ensure that I am not injured in the battle.
My English is limited and I rely on a translator to communicate, so I can’t explain too many reasons

my-image.png

I am just a list of favorites and proficiency levels, and cannot represent a lot.
I personally don’t like Weber’s settings in the game. He will be chased by the Pigman Bunnyman as a monster
He has very few sans, I don’t need him to help me deal with little spiders
I would rather spend time waiting for the growth of the spider’s nest
But I like Webber's appearance very much, very cute. I own 95% of game skins, but I only play Maxwell

Wigfrid+Warly
I am not proficient in these roles, and I can’t play their strongest strength better, so they deserve higher evaluation

Archived