Don't Starve Together tier list!

804198466_besttierlistmadebyhumans.thumb.png.424a63e4d789838c0a6e478a682f90b1.pngbest tier list ever

in my opinion even if i dont like a certain i still appreciate them because i know somewhere on earth someone else like the character.one might say this a joke tierlist but in m opinion every character is good (yes even wes)some might disagree but this is clearly the best dont starve tierlist ever.all its missing is warbucks.also poor wickerbottom and wortox 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, Nikki Darks said:

(Warly)
I don't think I need to really explain this one all that much. Warly can make very powerful recipes that boost all of his allies when they consume them. From damage reduction to being able to chop faster, he's just an amazing support character.

Yes he does get hungry faster, but he also has more hunger to compensate, and he also can't eat the same dishes over and over again. But see, the only downside with that is fighting, and Warly really doesn't need to fight IMO, depending on the amount of people of course. If you have more people on the server you can easily have Warly just preparing dishes for you.

Maman Angeline: I knew you would be a successful young man when you were just a little boy. Look at you now, i love you Warly, im very proud of you my son.

Warly: I love you too mom... I couldnt do all of this without you.

I guess what Warly's mother would say if she could see him in the constant while he is helping the others and being a good person... :joyous:

Spoiler

797429282_WarlyandMom.thumb.png.22e4f7ca8198f0daf8507a93ea376aa6.png

Spoiler

1458427208_WarlysMom3.thumb.png.0fee3d7cb7b1e2f0a00e5178ae5a58de.png

On 8/25/2020 at 2:58 AM, SinancoTheBest said:

Conversely while Woodie is mathematically superior to Maxwell now with not only wood collecting but also mineral collection (While not mentioned in the tierlist, Bearger is also a great tool at mining), a majority of Woodie players I encounter don't bother with basic resource collection despite having the best Axe AND a transfomation specialized in resource collection while mostly having a Maxwell in the team indicates having chests load of logs and minerals since many Maxwel players take it as their mission to hoard materials.

Agreed. The main reason why Maxwell gets more resource most of the time, is because his job is done automatically, while with Woodie, you need to do it manually. After Maxwell's puppet chop the trees, mine the boulders down, it's hard to resist picking them up.

image.thumb.png.3353f5b9c66a0d40a09881c65c791d67.png

Do note I did not place Wormwood, Wurt or Wortox as I don't have access to them

S tier. Characters that severely trivialize 1 important aspect of the game and have little to no downsides, add to it that they synergize very well with almost any, if not all, other characters:

Spoiler
  • Wickerbottom. Her books make her a very versatile character that pairs well with anyone, and currently her only downside is getting enough reeds for paper.
  • Wolfgang. He is the combat monster by excellence: hits very hard, can tank easily, and is the best kiter. Only problem is having to get a bit more food than normal.
  • Wendy. After her update she trivializes any fight that is not a giant fight, and since Abby indirectly increases the damage dealt to enemies, she doesn't have to care about her only downside and she pairs perfectly with everyone, specially tanky characters like Wigfrid and Wolfgang.

A tier. Characters that do one thing very well, but not to the point of trivializing it, or require some preparation to reach it:

Spoiler
  • Wigfrid. Considering she is getting a re-work VERY soon, it is kind of pointless to say anything about her. In any case, she does make combat much easier, pretty much trivializing it, however she is not S tier because she is outclassed by Wolfgang in that aspect, and most importantly her meat-only diet can be restrictive at times (even if it is not that big of a deal). But we will see what the re-work will do to her.
  • Willow. She is currently the best nightmare fuel farmer, not to mention she can fend herself from giants better than your average character thanks to Bernie's new form. Add to it that she is good at spelunking thanks to her cooking lighter.
  • WX-78. If you upgrade him, he is S tier, but otherwise he is your average Wilson. It is not that hard to reach the full potential though.

B tier. Characters that are very strong, but are not the best for any specific job and may be held back by strong drawbacks:

Spoiler
  • Winona. She remains the same alone or in a group: make a "catapult field" to destroy giants and hounds; meaning she doesn't really "synergize" with anyone. The main reason she is not A tier is because she requires a lot of preparation to make her catapult fields (against giants at the very least), and they take a bit of maintenance (fuel).
  • Warly. Due to his special recipes he could easily be S tier if not for his very strong drawbacks: only eats crockpot food, has a faster hunger rate (sure, has a bigger stomach, but is kinda pointless TBH), and needs a varied diet. The last one wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so strong, thankfully, the newly added recipe book alleviates the need to remember many recipes.
  • Woodie. After his re-work he became the true jack of all trades, master of none.

C tier. Characters that are outclassed by many others, or that are good in very specific circumstances:

Spoiler
  • Walter. He is B tier when paired with other characters as he can constantly do chip damage from a safe position while teammates kite and aggro the monster. Woby also removes the need to ever tame a beefalo, and is a nice Chester. However, playing alone he is a slightly weaker Wilson, mostly because his ranged weapon takes a bit too long to be used reliably without teammates or recruiting pigmen/bunnymen.
  • Webber. A good character with 1 weakness: his spiders don't mix with most other characters and Chester. But even if they did mix, spiders are quite weak when compared to other recruitable enemies like pigmen. The best use they have is for the spider glands (free heals) and monster meat. Which is not bad, but not that amazing.
  • Maxwell. He outclasses Woodie at collecting wood. But that's about it. Which is very useful in a group, but if you are playing alone, that surplus is often unnecessary. The second best thing he has is that he can read Wicker's books, but you need a Wicker for that (yeah, I know, moon magic exists). Then, for combat, he is not very useful at all: he is paper thin frail and his shadow duelists are even more so. And everything else? Just your average Wilson.

D tier. Or Wilson tier, mostly because he doesn't excel at anything, at all, and his only upside is growing a beard and having no downsides. He is not bad by any means, but Wilson is outclassed by literally all other characters minus Wes.

F tierWes is best I guess...

It's all about perspective i guess.

I've been playing a lot of Maxwell lately and i can say that he is an amazing housewife. Our base is never running out of materials.

Yeah sure he is fragile but TBH, can deal with a bunch of bosses if you kite well enough (deerclops, antlion, moose). Sure it is harder but i rarely go out of base alone anyways since im building most of the time.

15 hours ago, Brubs said:

I've been playing a lot of Maxwell lately and i can say that he is an amazing housewife. Our base is never running out of materials.

Yeah sure he is fragile but TBH, can deal with a bunch of bosses if you kite well enough (deerclops, antlion, moose). Sure it is harder but i rarely go out of base alone anyways since im building most of the time.

If you can reliably survive with him, he's one of the greatest assets to the team, he mechanizes the entire foraging basic materials. Unfortunately most of my friends that play maxwel often end up dying constantly and being a burden on the server but a Maxwel that keeps to his responsabilities is an invaluable teammate.

Imagine if they add Shadow Foragers in his rework, he'd be the ultimate lazy character.

I would not say Woodie is truly a Jack of all trades but king of none because he is the king of the sea, his goose form enabling him to traverse the sea early game wise insearch for lunar island. He can provide his team with Glass Cutters which is insanely good because GC has a damage equivalent to a Dark Sword, and it is far cheaper.

1 hour ago, Pedrito said:

Omg I'm dying of laughter.People actually forgot that Walter exist. Multiple times.

no, the tierlist just did not have walter as an option for a long while so any instances of walter showing up before september was people literally cutting and pasting in a picture from elsewhere

characters most effected by (RWYS)

Warly: your going to need to learn the science behind creating Giga plants as hamming them give 3 of them plus there seeds; Easier chili flakes, garlic flower and the almighty onion

Wicker: her farming book only effects 10 plants, I would have done 15 plants but she needed a nerf/better downside anyways

Wurt: she can get lots of rot/wood - garden drill is like a basic farm but you can fit roughly 12-16 seed per tile (48-64 seeds in total); Giga plants greatly improve Wurt stat recovery - 3 vegetables strings give 132 sanity and 3 dragon pies give 300 hunger

Wormwood: it can create Giga plants easier, but you can't heal from fruit/veggie & get so much of it doesn't matter if your bad tending plants + weed immunity

On 8/25/2020 at 10:02 PM, stranger again said:

804198466_besttierlistmadebyhumans.thumb.png.424a63e4d789838c0a6e478a682f90b1.pngbest tier list ever

in my opinion even if i dont like a certain i still appreciate them because i know somewhere on earth someone else like the character.one might say this a joke tierlist but in m opinion every character is good (yes even wes)some might disagree but this is clearly the best dont starve tierlist ever.all its missing is warbucks.also poor wickerbottom and wortox 

This is equality right here.

Archived