Nikki Darks    276
2 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Ok, this is gonna burn, be safe Nikki, personally I'm gonna hide into some wholesome things, and nice profile picture, very cute ! 

Thank you! I hope that this community isn't that mentally deranged to get mad at a post like this.

This is just a post about my opinions. So yeah, let's hope this player base and community are better than that.

Le Rafistoleur    394
1 minute ago, Nikki Darks said:

Thank you! I hope that this community isn't that mentally deranged to get mad at a post like this.

This is just a post about my opinions. So yeah, let's hope this player base and community are better than that.

I'm sure everyone understand, but sharing this mean that people will not agree to what you say, and, share their opinions, which is fine, but some people will not be ok with the shared opinions and blablabla, I really hope it's not gonna finish into a circle of non wholesomeness ;-; 

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    5770

I read S+ and then saw Warly and I’m like nope! 

(seriously.. try playing Warly without knowing any of his powerful recipes I guarantee you that he won’t be considered S+ Tier to you anymore.. he may even fall in the Wes category of most useless most annoying character in the game.)

If you know all his foods and all his insides and outs I guess maybe that’s a different story- But for the Average gamer Warly is nothing but pure annoyance & frustration.

thats really all I wanted to say on this thread, My opinion that Warly doesn’t belong in S+ Tier lol carry on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nikki Darks    276
1 minute ago, Caochu said:

I have the feeling this thread will be watched from above

Hide contents

spw1.png

Always interesting to have another player point of view. I didn't read all for the moment, but I like what I read :encouragement:

Glad you're liking it so far, would love to hear your opinions on it as well!

• Like 1

Nikki Darks    276
7 minutes ago, zVince said:

If I were to follow Tierlists I sure wouldn't have been more than 5 years playing with Wilson boy 

You shouldn't follow tierlists, they're just a "guide" on which characters are "objectively" good.

Dst works in a way where you can do well if you yourself are good enough.

Play who you like and who makes you happy playing them!

• Like 3

sinisterrkid    743

I really enjoy taking a look at other people's tier lists for DST. (Or at least I started enjoying them once I stopped taking these things so seriously)

Also enjoyed this one!

• Like 1

Nikki Darks    276
1 minute ago, sinisterrkid said:

I really enjoy taking a look at other people's tier lists for DST. (Or at least I started enjoying them once I stopped taking these things so seriously)

Also enjoyed this one!

I am super glad you enjoyed it, feel free to leave any opinion you have here!

• Like 1

zVince    3056

I understand your point. For me the choice of character is a matter of "how much you like the character".  Since I started playing with Wilson I liked his gameplay (I tried the other characters), besides liking the personality, I like his slow progression.  I could just grab a Wolfgang and kill all the mobs and bosses  easily, but I decided to catch a character more focused on general goals than just fighting. The only characters I play today are Maxwell, Wilson and Wortox, and I chose them because I like their gameplay and personality. 
In general cases in the years I participate in the community of Don't Starve I see people play with the character they like. Hardly because of power. Sample: I know Woodie's players who played with him before Refresh (That if he was going to make a tier list at that time, he'd be on the bottom of the levels), from Willow before refresh (which would be in the same situation). Who kept playing because they just liked them. 

Edited by zVince
  • Like 3

sinisterrkid    743
38 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

I am super glad you enjoyed it, feel free to leave any opinion you have here!

As for opinions on it: I love your insights and I largely agree with the tiering. How powerful/enjoyable the characters are will sometimes depend on how long is your play-through on each map. Like: Wickerbottom really shines in the long-term, and Wortox can immediately show all his benefits. But yup, I'd say it's not controversial at all to put them both as top contenders.

And I like that you put Wurt up there, too, though I'm sure many people would disagree. But I love her "world-changing" abilities that give me a very different experience of the game. The pay-off of playing Wurt takes even longer to be materialized than Wickerbottom's pay-off, but I adore it! Merms are underrated as the excellent wood-choppers that they are. And I low-key was in dire need of a better way to deal with hounds while not needing to keep resetting tooth traps.

Edited by sinisterrkid

GetNerfedOn    5626

Not a silly tierlist, was disappointed /s.

Ngl, this is actually very well-thought and constructive and I shall take the time to read this all when I'm so inclined :D

I read a similar analysis of the DST characters a couple of years ago. Don't remember where exactly, could have been on this very forum. That person had an interesting point about Wes. Picking him is a sign of extreme confidence in one's ability as a player. Wes players know this game in and out, they are completely focused and utterly fearless. Plus, you know, balloons.

• Thanks 2