Don't Starve Together tier list!

3 hours ago, ADM said:

cryingmaxwell.gif.0befa9fba5a697d148989e60547d9ed6.gif It hurts...

No!!! Maxy is not trash!

And I completely disagree with this tier list "the top 3 characters" only work well with each other, and wormwood is not S+, because he can't heal from food and that makes it difficult for him to fight any high tier bosses, and his methods of healing are expensive and take time to apply... Warly? Again, he works well with other characters rather than himself, Wortox? Yeah sure but the other 2 I'd say Wormwood and Warly belong to D tier, Maxy belongs on the S+ tier, his shadows don't despawn unless they get hit, if he summons 1 duelist and 2 workers? he can stay insane forever to keep farming nightmare fuel, he is a very fast basic resource gatherer, and can read Wickerbottom's books. And Wurt? definitely not an S tier she can't benefit from special meat food items like pierogi, and has to rely on bad vegetable food items for healing, which aren't available all year around, and has to waste time and resources if she wants to get the boost from the merm king.

this reminds me of we neeman-chair-talking.gif.55dfc1910e04682e149bf107c50800d0.gifd I HATE WARLY GUYS  to NER WARLY PLEASE!703083169_download(1).gif.3e88b8dd20566bed9039f5789e5ad2b7.gifPLEASE PLASE PLASE NERF!

man-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gif

WARLY IS WAY TOO OVERPOWERED @klei REMOVE HIM PLEASE HE BREAK THE GAME TOO MUCH

man-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gifman-stroll-1.gif.6a426f84827f1c1462f2f92063b333a1.gif

crazy-skeleton.gif.041e0cbef34f9ac4fd080533fb6eaa26.gifKILL WARLY PLEAASE I HATE THE CHARACTER HE DOES... DOUBLE DAMAGE?!>crazy-skeleton.gif.041e0cbef34f9ac4fd080533fb6eaa26.gif

MAXWELL IS NOT WARLY

computer-tech-help.gif.1e5d9214afaa2e57f149b50bfb138730.gifcomputer-tech-help.gif.1e5d9214afaa2e57f149b50bfb138730.gifcomputer-tech-help.gif.1e5d9214afaa2e57f149b50bfb138730.gifcomputer-tech-help.gif.1e5d9214afaa2e57f149b50bfb138730.gifcomputer-tech-help.gif.1e5d9214afaa2e57f149b50bfb138730.gif

REPAIR PROTECT SERVER AND RUINS RUSHING IS NOT GOOD AS WARLY WITH OR WITHOUT BERRIES

sorry guys i just need to let off some steamm!!!!!!

Here's my tier list, believe me, I'd say it's more accurate 

1300281937_my-image(1).thumb.png.1084aec51551fe96f58340a43a1224ba.png

S+ Tier

Wortox can heal himself, can teleport, doesn't need to eat that much, loses less sanity while dealing with monsters, his base stats are high

Wes ...

S Tier

Maxy, he can forever farm nightmare fuel if he summons the correct puppets, he can read Wickerbottom's books, he can collect basic resources very fast, and gains sanity for doing absolutely nothing.

WX-78, he can eat spoiled food without penalty, can upgrade his stats with gears and have a max HP of 400, if he gets overcharged he can be very fast at running, and is downsides are nearly non-existent.

Wolfgang, double damage, high stats with full belly, extra speed with full belly, and his downside (afraid of monsters and the dark) is again, barely noticeable, and I'd consider it as an upside, because if you go insane quicker you can farm more nightmare fuel.

Wickerbottom, she can mass farm everything that can be planted, can overcharge WX, can feed an army of mighty wolfgangs, has budget panflutes, can summon birds and put them to sleep to make insane krampus/feather/morsel farms and that she can't sleep? that downside is again... barely noticeable! Since sleeping is not good in DST.

A Tier

Wigfrid, she works well with other people and can craft helmets, spears for the team, her leech perk, well... in some occasions she can use less healing food I guess, her natural damage absorption combined with her helmet is decent and her downside is not that bad, considering that meat is available all year around, and if she eats cooked monster meat that's not too bad for her, and could be good, since it's hard for her to go insane and the sanity she gains from killing nightmares? That makes it even harder!

Woodie, after his recent rework, I'd say he is okay, he can ram a few mobs like treeguards, spiders, in his moose form, the goose form is great for mapping the map and the sea (D-don't go to far and drown though!) and the werebeaver is "decent" now since he doesn't need to consume any logs, and Lucy? I guess she's fine but not very useful, unless you're chopping toadstool's trees 

B Tier

Winona, sister is okay I guess, she has budget sewing kits, her catapults if used correctly can do wonders, like killing the bee queen, dragonfly, (even the fuelweaver unless they patched that) And in late game they can be used for insane farms.

Wilson, he is the control group of every character, he has no downsides, his beard is very useful, he can have the highest insulation during winter, he can use beard hair to make effigies to respawn, use it as fuel, or give it to Ms Firestarter to make more bernies,

C Tier, this consists of characters who have to rely on something.

Willow, again after he recent rework she's much better, she can craft lighters which are useful if you're a new player and are afraid of Charlie, She can craft BERNIE(s)! Can even help her defeat bosses, farm nightmare fuel and can be repaired at 100% durability with 1 use of sewing kit.

Wendy, her sister's rework lets her craft elixirs and these are very useful, Abigail can also farm spiders, splumonkeys (I recommend using a shield elixir on her for that) she can help to kill the bee queen's grumble bees, she loses less sanity which is actually a downside, because you want to be insane rather than sane.

Webber... I mean he should get reworked soon, in his current state, I'd say there are much better characters to choose, he has to rely on his spiders, is hated by pigmen, bunnymen and this makes it difficult for him to get specific items from said mobs, and yes his spider friends can help but can also devour the loot his beard, is not that useful as it doesn't give as much insulation as Wilson's and the silk is a very basic resource to come by, unlike bearded hair.

D Tier

Warly, he works well with other characters. He can make boosts for his team, works well with Wormwood and Wickerbottom to mass farm veggies, and cook wonderful dishes that can benefit sanity, HP, etc but his downsides... if it only was that he could eat from a crockpot, he would easily be an A tier, but that he's picky and benefits less if he eats the same food twice? That's a terrible downside in my opinion. It makes pierogi nearly useless for him.

Wormwood, he only works well with other characters, since his perks don't really benefit himself and benefit others, he can mass farm veggies if paired with Wickerbottom and Warly (to make dishes), he can produce living logs, his armor and traps are nearly pointless and expensive in my opinion, since wearing a log suit can literally negate nearly all damage you get from picking cacti, or spiky bushes and his down side is the worst downside in the whole game, both singleplayer and multiplayer. He can't fight high tier bosses, the other healing methods the one he comes with for example is expensive nitre can be used for gunpowder instead, and the compost is way too slow. 

F Tier

Wurt... In my opinion I really dislike this character, picky eating is terrible in this game, and she's limited to veggies only... and since vegetable foods are not as beneficial as meat foods, she can't benefit from jerky, pierogi, meatballs, honey m, and every single good meat food item. She can gain higher stats if she wastes time and useful resources such as 10 pig skin that can be used for armor instead, to make a throne for a king which you need to feed or he dies, and then no more boost to base stats, and she can build merm huts that only spawn 1 merm per hut, which is bad, considering you can't make any farms to get any loot from them like you can do with bunnymen and pigmen and those 4 boards can be used for something else instead, and I believe the perk that she can read Wickerbottom's books (Without doing anything of course) and gain/lose sanity is just a gimmick. 

@Charlie Dark I disagree with Wurt at F.

Wurt can benefit from dragonpies, which are rarely used, and cheap to make. King of Merms can give trinkets, and these can be used for Antlion or for Pig King (if you don't play alone). Making farms is not point of this game, I think they ruin the atmosphere. But if you really want them, place spider den next to merm houses. Also she can make Merm Guardians, which are good to defend base from hounds, or defend Merm King. So i would place her at tier A. But it's just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, AlcheLapte said:

@Charlie Dark I disagree with Wurt at F.

Wurt can benefit from dragonpies, which are rarely used, and cheap to make. King of Merms can give trinkets, and these can be used for Antlion or for Pig King (if you don't play alone). Making farms is not point of this game, I think they ruin the atmosphere. But if you really want them, place spider den next to merm houses. Also she can make Merm Guardians, which are good to defend base from hounds, or defend Merm King. So i would place her at tier A. But it's just my opinion.

But again... dragonpies are not available all year around, and they cannot be mass farmed because you always need to give some to a bird for more dragonfruit seeds, and require way too much attention, the merm guards are fine I guess, but I'd rather use a field of tooth traps rather than run the hounds around the merm guards

4 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

But again... dragonpies are not available all year around, and they cannot be mass farmed because you always need to give some to a bird for more dragonfruit seeds, and require way too much attention, the merm guards are fine I guess, but I'd rather use a field of tooth traps rather than run the hounds around the merm guards

You can take Merm Guards with you, can you take tooth traps with you? Also after some time, you will have stack of dragon fruit and its seeds. And farming doesn't require that much attention, and when you have Beefalo...

About attention, you need to have living bird to make both dragon pie and pierogies, you need to have mushrooms (they grow slowly without planter) and meat to make second. And dragonpie? One dragon fruit (4 manures if u have its seeds) and 3 twigs :D

Tier list for long term worlds
1288246059_my-image(1).png.c9026a7b27f6250c3ba78e8906df4bab.png

Not Pick and Switch
Characters that you will always have a benefit from playing as.
Wolfgang: 2x damage and good enough movespeed.
Wortox: Jellybeans do his job well, but the blink is useful and the heal only gets better the more players you're playing with.
WX-78: He's kinda pick and switch if you use him for ruins rush and map exploring only, but is good as a "turn my brain off" pick for many tasks.

Pick and Switch: 
Wickerbottom: Mass make books then switch.
Wigfrid: Mass make helms then switch.
Maxwell: Get all the rocks from surface/caves, use Wicker's books then switch. Good for farming wood and living logs at the same time if with Winona's catapults nearby.
Winona: Make catapults and mass make tape then switch.
Warly: Mass make Powdercakes with spices + Volt Goat Chaud-Froid and Grim Gallete then switch. His other foods are okay I guess, would be better if their effects didn't last a day and needed effort heavy ingredients.
Wormwood: Mass farm veggies and living logs then switch.
Wendy: Kill all the bees and spiders on the map then switch. Good for farming NM fuel and Beard hair with splumonkeys. 
Wurt: Make merm houses then switch.
Woodie: Find the Lunar Island / explore the ocean then switch. Good for farming wood if you only want wood and not living logs.
Willow: Make bernies then switch. Good for farming NM fuel with big bernie + bone helm + help from other players.

Too much effort:
Webber: 
I mean, he can mass farm spiders, but bunnymen/Wendy/Wolfgang/Wigfrid can do his job good enough without the annoying downsides.

Wilson: He has nothing going on for him.
Wes: Having less damage and more hunger is not hard, it's annoying.

I don't think it's possible to make a S to F tier list in this game that is true at all stages of the game, the value of all the characters change based on what you need at said moment. After you have everything you want at the game your character is pretty much just the skin you want to use.

I'm still going to play Wickerbottom all the time cuz she is too precious.

AKA the celestial portal is stupid but I kinda like it I guess?

14 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

No!!! Maxy is not trash!

And I completely disagree with this tier list "the top 3 characters" only work well with each other, and wormwood is not S+, because he can't heal from food and that makes it difficult for him to fight any high tier bosses, and his methods of healing are expensive and take time to apply... Warly? Again, he works well with other characters rather than himself, Wortox? Yeah sure but the other 2 I'd say Wormwood and Warly belong to D tier, Maxy belongs on the S+ tier, his shadows don't despawn unless they get hit, if he summons 1 duelist and 2 workers? he can stay insane forever to keep farming nightmare fuel, he is a very fast basic resource gatherer, and can read Wickerbottom's books. And Wurt? definitely not an S tier she can't benefit from special meat food items like pierogi, and has to rely on bad vegetable food items for healing, which aren't available all year around, and has to waste time and resources if she wants to get the boost from the merm king.

See, I've clearly stated that this is a MULTIPLAYER tier list, meaning, the characters are ranked based on their spots in a GROUP of people, not based on the basics of their solo sustainability.

Wormwood's healing downside is negligible in a group of people because other can simply let you not fight and focus on farming.

Warly also, Warly is one of the best MULTIPLAYER character for a similar reason, if a team makes sure that Warly can sustain them all with his powerful dishes through COOPERATION, Warly is a God who makes other characters into powerhouses, whether it be for taking down bosses or collecting resources.

Maxwell is a Willow downgrade when looking at the specific things you've mentioned.

Willow can farm nightmare fuel so much better than Maxwell simply because of Bernie, and if you have Winona's tape, you can do this for daaaays, and even sewing kits are not that expensive to make.

Main differences between Willow and Maxwell are:
-Willow is ridiculously better than Maxwell at combat due to having a reasonable amount of HP and having a tank who deals 50 damage.
-She isn't as efficient at collecting logs or digging up bushes, so I'll give you that.
-Willow has much better sanity management if you know how the game mechanics work.
As Willow you gain sanity from doing something as easy as holding a torch, to making night lights, plus, sanity perks are never that great honestly, since the dangers of sanity are borderline irrelevant to people who know the game. Which is why Willow is so much better, she doesn't waste spears to stay low on sanity, unlike Maxwell.

One big part of Wurt's S tier status is.... She can literally live off of Durians, Pumpkins and mushrooms... Forever. If you think that being able to eat only veggies, and gain a boost in hunger from them compared to other characters mind you, then you should really try out Wurt for a full year like I have.

Wurt is a great asset to a team for 2 major reasons:
-She can save up on team's food supply by only eating the foods that nobody else would eat: Durians, Pumpkins and Mushrooms.
-Wurt brings a lot of damage to her team through merms, who are VERY powerful units.

I've also mentioned that Wurt is a late game character with excellent early game survivability.

My Love to Hate list based on my personal preferences and who I enjoy playing / having on my team. Not everyone plays this game the same way therefore everyone is going to have a different perspective on who is "good" and who is "bad". This is mine ^-^

622840671_ScreenShot2020-05-17at1_25_21PM.thumb.png.9595e751ff11c7afe38ed6773dee2367.png

~*~Love~*~ 

Maxwell 

Spoiler

I love me some Maxwell! From his quotes to his idle material farming and even his max 75 hp. As a late game player he's a good balance for me since I'm at the point where I've done everything boss-fight related and mostly just like to base build. He requires little to no effort in one of my least favorite things to do (chopping trees and digging stumps ugh) and a bit more effort than usual in boss fights (which have gotten quite boring for me over time). His 75 hp adds a bit of spice to the fights since it leaves little room for mistakes which keeps me on my toes. His minions help a lot with clearing the ruins statues and not to mention he's great for sailing (mining rocks/salt). Very useful for a team when it comes to gathering materials and could also read books if need be. My only annoyances I can think of right now would be when his shadow minions mine Glommer's statue or chop non-renewable (spiky) and/or decorative trees. 

Wigfrid

Spoiler

My main girl, I just find her so cute. Once you get used to it, the meat thing isn't too much of an issue. Her helmets and spears are good quality for how cheap they are to make/mass produce and I feel she is a great support character when it comes to teams. Depending on your settings and your play style I feel like protection/weapons is one of the most essential things in this game, other than food of course. She's hard to kill and when kiting properly you're always gaining health from fighting. Win win. This is not a character flaw but something that annoys me with my experience with Wigfrids is sometimes they hoard all the gold and meat and don't make gear for anyone lol.

Wortox

Spoiler

Such a fun character to play alone and also have on a team. Fights require less food healing prep which is great in general but especially so when in a group with those with picky eating habits or certain character downsides (Wigfrid, Wurt, Warly, Wormwood, etc). Teleporting is cool too. 

Wickerbottom

Spoiler

Knowledge is power. Great when playing alone and also can bring so much positive with little negative to a team. Her books are a cool touch to this game and I hope come her rework they extend more on that. 

~*~Like~*~

Wendy

Spoiler

I've had a lot of fun playing her since her rework. Having Abby almost feels like you have an extra person on your team, which makes up for the damage reduction Wendy has. She is definitely useful for taking on certain groups of smaller mobs that can sometimes be overwhelming when alone.

Webber 

Spoiler

I really like Webber for some reason and I'm actually excited to see what they come up with for his rework. His downsides can be very annoying, mostly the monster thing. And I have to admit it saddens me that anything a Webber can bring to the table gets outshined by better alternatives. Hopefully come his rework they will make some changes to make him a bit more useful to a team? Maybe? He is by far from the best character but he's on the "like" list because he has a lot of potential and... I just like him >:c

Willow

Spoiler

Deff better since being reworked. I barely notice her fire immunity thing because it's not often at all that I'm like.. engulfed in flames. I suppose it could be useful for the certain fire moments in a Klaus for example but... yeah. I mostly like her for nostalgia reasons since I mained her in my first year of playing Don't Starve. She's not an awful character at all and Bernie can be useful. It's unfortunate that when it comes to multiplayer she still has a bad reputation but I do feel like it has gotten a bit better since the rework.

~*~Meh~*~

WX

Spoiler

I love their personality but as a character they hardly have perks that actually helps a team and honestly seems to benefit more from others than is able to give back in return. Being over-charged is great but requires you to have a book reader charge you every so often which is meh. Maybe in time they will potentially add something for them to be able to over-charge themselves for x amount of time without having to be online and play with others. Late-game WX becomes a trash bin for the over abundance of gears and spoiled nomz you've got. Just meh.

Wilson

Spoiler

For the character thats kindof the face of this game he is a good middle ground with no upsides or downsides. Which is sort of a good thing I think? There deff needs to be a character like that in a game like this and if it had to be anyone it was going to be him. In my opinion he's a good character to start and learn with, since his "difficulty" remains the same throughout the whole game and his stats are average. I honestly wanted to put him in "like" because I do like him, I just don't ever want to play as him ahaha. 

Wolfgang

Spoiler

So meh. He is very good for solo players if you want the extra damage/speed at a cost of a butt-load of food (which is easy to get if done right). He has honestly never appealed to me for reasons I feel weird even complaining about lol! Like when mighty he makes boss fights too easy and too fast and I can't help but feel like (for me) it's such an anti-climatic boring play style. I do love the extra speed boost though, it's addicting. He is perfect for late-game players who are sick of boss fights and want them done and over with. I wouldn't recommend him for anyone learning the game since it might make going from him to playing any other character a bit difficult but, to each their own. Going by his quotes though, Wolfgang seems to be such a big goofy sweetheart. I hope with his rework we get to see more of his personality and some team oriented perks- since he's already perfect for solo playing but lacks in a multiplayer setting. 

~*~Dislike~*~

Winona

Spoiler

Love the fast craft, hate the slow craft- and since I'm almost always crafting things, this is the only reason I dislike her. The speed is just not worth the hunger for me. Other than that she is well rounded and the free hit in the dark has saved my butt more times than I'd like to admit. Catapults are cheesy but they can be very useful. Unfortunately my problem with them is I think they make things look bad and cluttered, but thats purely me being picky ^-^'

Woodie

Spoiler

Dislike him solely for the turning into a were-whatever every full moon which seems more like a chore to deal with than anything. It's totally manageable but for me it's just not worth it with better character options available. When it comes to wood, chopping things quicker is deff nice but I've gotten extremely spoiled by Maxwell being able to do it while idling and even digging the stumps that, again, it's just not worth it for me. Duly note, I'm someone that uses a ridiculous amount of wood for purely decorative purposes. Someone playing the game normally shouldn't even need half the amount of wood I consume therefore Woodie would but just fine. I just want it. :wilson_evil: 

Wormwood

Spoiler

I love Wormwood's personality so much but I struggle so badly with him for some reason. My biggest problem is I have a hard time with the healing without food. I hate sleeping in this game, I'm a bit impatient and feel like it's a waste of time (although it can be extremely useful). I'm not sure there is any way to heal more than 20/30 hp at a time with him? I've never been a big farm user and the fact his plants spoil if not baby sat and picked at the right time- just ugh. It's just not the play style for me.

Wes

Spoiler

If you can play as Wes, you can play as anyone. His damage reduction isn't that noticeable and if you pick him as your starting character you wouldn't even know the difference anyway. But going from playing as Wes to playing as anyone else? SO GOOD. I love his design and his skins but he doesn't have any perks to help me at all toward the way I like to play. He doesn't add a challenge for me he just adds annoyance. Also it doesn't affect the gameplay all that much but the lack of quotes from him, in my opinion, gives him less depth and he comes off as the least interesting of the bunch. Which is big sad because what little glimpses of his personality we have gotten through comics/vids seems so adorable. Hopefully with his rework he will get some team perks and he will be fun and welcomed to play as.

~*~Hate~*~

Warly

Spoiler

The human form of the Eternal Gnaw except even pickier, frankly is insulted by the mere suggestion. He has little to no use unless carried by others (Wickerbottom, Wormwood, Wolfgang, etc) and even then is it worth it? Everything has been doable before Warly and it's still doable without him. The fact that a chef wont even taste his ingredients before throwing them in a crockpot... I don't understand it and I don't care to try. The play style this character forces you to have to play is my least favorite. I hate cooking, I hate having to cook different dishes, I hate having to only eat crockpot foods. I envy those who can play as him because they clearly have patience like no other.

Wurt

Spoiler

Hate her play style lol. This is what happens when the Devs give the people what they want even if it's against their best interests. I don't think they needed to make a whole character just to be able to craft merm houses but, I do I love the option to be able to if I wanted. 

As far as characters go, we can't just think of their utility without considering their downsides, since the person behind them may hate the character but play them because of team pressure (see those Wicker/Wolf duos making Wormwoods and Warlys their slaves), especially since despite being multiplayer, some people just don't have enough friends to 6-man every time and randoms are always a mixed bag, so thinking about a character both solo and with other is important imo.

Like I love Warly to death. I love his outfits, his perks, how he can create unique food and all that. But his downsides make playing him a pretty bad experience, especially for early game. His food restriction also screws up easy sanity regeneration (frop green caps, jerky or taffy) and food-based healing is pretty useless on him, so despite his high utility I don't think he deserves a spot so high  on the list because playing him (especially solo) feels horrible, with dare I say the weakest early game of all. And when playing with friends when he was released they wanted me to pick Warly every time despite his downside making my experience miserable. I see him as a character you switch once to apply salt/pepper/honey to some powder cakes and forget he exists until you need those buffs again. I agree that in terms of  team utility Warly is way up there, but in general game experience with him I'd drop him to a C at best.

2 hours ago, Zheos said:

As far as characters go, we can't just think of their utility without considering their downsides, since the person behind them may hate the character but play them because of team pressure (see those Wicker/Wolf duos making Wormwoods and Warlys their slaves), especially since despite being multiplayer, some people just don't have enough friends to 6-man every time and randoms are always a mixed bag, so thinking about a character both solo and with other is important imo.

Like I love Warly to death. I love his outfits, his perks, how he can create unique food and all that. But his downsides make playing him a pretty bad experience, especially for early game. His food restriction also screws up easy sanity regeneration (frop green caps, jerky or taffy) and food-based healing is pretty useless on him, so despite his high utility I don't think he deserves a spot so high  on the list because playing him (especially solo) feels horrible, with dare I say the weakest early game of all. And when playing with friends when he was released they wanted me to pick Warly every time despite his downside making my experience miserable. I see him as a character you switch once to apply salt/pepper/honey to some powder cakes and forget he exists until you need those buffs again. I agree that in terms of  team utility Warly is way up there, but in general game experience with him I'd drop him to a C at best.

I do heavily agree with this, but the thing I've based my tierlist off of was overall utility, downsides, my solo experience of a full year (Which was hell as warly), and ofc how he works in a team.

The thing with downsides is general in this game is that... The more players there are the more negligible your downsides become, and vice versa.

And since this tier list was directed towards coop/multiplayer/teams, it's safe to say that in a group of people (3+), you only ever feel warly's downside in the early stages of the game and even then they can feel negligible if you have a Wigfrid/Wendy to kill stuff for you and feed you.

Yes, I do have to admit I've SUFFERED throughout the ENTIRE year as Warly, but that's partially due to my lack of experience as the character.

Warly is a must have for every late game oriented team and the game feels EXTREMELY different without him, which is why he is one of the best characters in my eyes.

But yeah, downsides aren't even downsides in a game that progressively gets easier the more people you have (Assuming they know how to play the game.).

And thank you for sharing your opinion with us! <3 Much appreciated!

2 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

I do heavily agree with this, but the thing I've based my tierlist off of was overall utility, downsides, my solo experience of a full year (Which was hell as warly), and ofc how he works in a team.

The thing with downsides is general in this game is that... The more players there are the more negligible your downsides become, and vice versa.

And since this tier list was directed towards coop/multiplayer/teams, it's safe to say that in a group of people (3+), you only ever feel warly's downside in the early stages of the game and even then they can feel negligible if you have a Wigfrid/Wendy to kill stuff for you and feed you.

Yes, I do have to admit I've SUFFERED throughout the ENTIRE year as Warly, but that's partially due to my lack of experience as the character.

Warly is a must have for every late game oriented team and the game feels EXTREMELY different without him, which is why he is one of the best characters in my eyes.

But yeah, downsides aren't even downsides in a game that progressively gets easier the more people you have (Assuming they know how to play the game.).

And thank you for sharing your opinion with us! <3 Much appreciated!

While I can appreciate the effort and analysis that went into this list, particularly in multiplayer there's too many variables to really be able to do a hard and fast tier list because of how potent character synergies are.

For example, I think you underrated Maxwell relative to Woodie because there are situations where I would 100% choose Woodie (if teamed with just Warly for honey werebeaver) or I would 100% choose Maxwell (teamed with just a Wickerbottom) which gets more complex as you look at different team options.

You're definitely coming at this from the right perspective though, which is pointing out that every character is viable for every challenge in the hands of a skilled player.

Some characters who seem to be all over the place on tier lists, like Wurt and Warly, run into the issue of people not knowing what they're capable of and how efficiently they can be applied.  Wurt lategame is an absolute monster who can basically solve every problem by throwing her merm forces at them.  Food, sanity, health, bosses are all problems that a sufficient amount of merms can completely solve for her.  Whether she's a good pick then depends on not just who else is on her team but also how often the world is reset.

7 hours ago, Toros said:

While I can appreciate the effort and analysis that went into this list, particularly in multiplayer there's too many variables to really be able to do a hard and fast tier list because of how potent character synergies are.

For example, I think you underrated Maxwell relative to Woodie because there are situations where I would 100% choose Woodie (if teamed with just Warly for honey werebeaver) or I would 100% choose Maxwell (teamed with just a Wickerbottom) which gets more complex as you look at different team options.

You're definitely coming at this from the right perspective though, which is pointing out that every character is viable for every challenge in the hands of a skilled player.

Some characters who seem to be all over the place on tier lists, like Wurt and Warly, run into the issue of people not knowing what they're capable of and how efficiently they can be applied.  Wurt lategame is an absolute monster who can basically solve every problem by throwing her merm forces at them.  Food, sanity, health, bosses are all problems that a sufficient amount of merms can completely solve for her.  Whether she's a good pick then depends on not just who else is on her team but also how often the world is reset.

A very good point actually, but, for some character I DID focus a bit more on the synergy, like the S+ and S tier character:
-Wortox-Warly-Wormwood
-Wickerbottom-Wurt-Wolfgang

These are the two trios I kinda nudged at, but yeah, not much else.

Yeah synergies are an IMPORTANT part of Don't Starve Together, but I wouldn't say they are a core or fundamental aspect of the game.

In my opinion synergies are A LOT more subjective and player based than characters' power themselves.

I could have a group of Wes, Winona and Maxwell, and I'd still be able of doing better than Wicker/Wurt/Wolfgang simply due to the multiplayer factor:
-The more players you have, the easier the game (assuming that the players know how to play well/decently.)

As for singular specifics, I could go Wes and I could go Wendy, I'd be able to feel a HUGE difference in game quality and fluidity, one would be tedious and one would be incredibly easy.

Yes you can argue that with 2 different groups of characters, but the point still stays, the more characters you have the easier it becomes to survive.

I could have my Wolfgang doing the killing while enabling my Wormwood to base sit and farm, inevitably making his downside of losing health irrelevant due to the fact that he won't be in any situations where he'd actually lose health.

And again, thank you for leaving a comment! Every opinion is appreciated! <3

image.thumb.png.e9240dc76bdedeb532d79714efd5d7d2.png

My tierlist. My opinon is not yours and if you wanna discuss it with a cup of tea and butterbrezel, we can.

This is about efficency and how good a character can be. im lazy to tell why because its too much to explain the way i would explain.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, Charlie Dark said:

snip snap

Wes in S+ tier, that's epic, It please me alot, you're a very nice person ! Thank you so much, it makes me so happy, Wes should have so much love, my tootsy baby face ~<3

11 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

Bad tierlist

how about you show us a tierlist. please tell us whats it about tho. context.

15 hours ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Wes in S+ tier, that's epic, It please me alot, you're a very nice person ! Thank you so much, it makes me so happy, Wes should have so much love, my tootsy baby face ~<3

Yes he is S+ tier because he provides a challenge that no other character does, he gives you the real don't starve experience.

So much people enjoy playing as Wendy, and yet, I just dont understand, why you like her, people? Her abilities is just strong companion, her persona and quotes are just sad and not intresting. Kill, death, suiciede, dead will find, you blah blah. Is that all because she is typical 10 years old suiciedal-depressed girl? Or because she has "cutie" design?

Woodie - Can replace Abigial purpose just fine. And her character is, as I said before, typical cliche.

3 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

So much people enjoy playing as Wendy, and yet, I just dont understand, why you like her, people? Her abilities is just strong companion, her persona and quotes are just sad and not intresting. Kill, death, suiciede, dead will find, you blah blah. Is that all because she is typical 10 years old suiciedal-depressed girl? Or because she has "cutie" design?

Woodie - Can replace Abigial purpose just fine. And her character is, as I said before, typical cliche.

i like wendy because when i started to play ds klei release a dark girl with a horrible secret, her dead sister hunting wendy every night (was wendy the murderer?) was so creepy and her quotes are just so good

now they are good sister which i like but not as much as the darker version before strange new powers

Archived