#thank you klei entertainment

heya yall (maybe a klei staff member)so recently i saw this whole thing with epicgames with everybody thanking them for making fortnite and their other games so i thought why doesnt this community do the same we should all thank klei for making us games with fair price tags we should be thanking klei for the low amount of microtransactions they have in every game we should be thanking klei for always updating their games for the low price of nothing so everybody try to make these four words trend #thank you klei entertainment we should be thanking and praising klei at this time where comfort is needed so if any klei staff member is reading this i wish you the best during these dark times k bye

#thank you klei entertainment

I initially thought LUA was more of a joke language. Then Klei came along with DS(T) and I learned it due to the good game experience.

I was wrong in my peripheral assessments.  LUA is practically genius tier with how quick it can prototype and interface with C.

So thank you, Klei, for helping me get better as a person in my ever lasting strive for knowledge and tomfoolery.

Thank you, PeterA, for showing that even developers can eat redcaps and die on a game stream.  Good show, I won't ever forget it.

To Nome and his GoLang shenanigans, I learned quite a bit with it even if I still don't feel quite comfortable in it.  I love C too much.

Scott, seemingly always prototyping DST changes and giving off an uncle vibe.  May he get a properly labeled drink.

V2C and having to fix RPCs for almost a solid week a few years back, sorry.  I had fun breaking things.

JoeW, for his ever watching eye and dedication to keeping the peace here on these forums.  Remain steadfast, my friend.  Warm sands ahead.

Mark, I'm glad for you that you got to make your dream game.  It may not be everything you ever wanted it to be, but it is enjoyable.

And to the huge amount of people who work on everything behind the scenes, cheers.  I know there's quite a lot of you.  Godspeed.

17 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Scott, seemingly always prototyping DST changes and giving off an uncle vibe.  May he get a properly labeled drink.

One of these days the barista at Starbucks will get his name right..... one of these days...

#thank you Klei Entertaiment for such amazing games, the Don't Starve series is by FAR the series of games i have played the most in my 28 years of existence and you guys are my favorite company and this community is the best, so many fun memories from your games, ONI is such an incredible game too, in my honest opinion, nobody does survival games like you guys and no matter how many other games i play, i always come back and have a blast playing yours. Thank you, for giving us games to forget about the real world for a moment, thank you for all the good times and as you guys are there for us remember we are here for you as well if you ever need us. Best wishes to all of you at Klei and stay safe in these difficult times. 

I’ll make this short & simple- Thanks Klei For finally starting to turn DST into the Sequel it should’ve been years ago, I feel like throughout 2020 you guys will aim to set DST even further apart from DS Solo. (it’s already happening with character refreshes & New DST Exclusive ones- also having DST story pick up where DS ends officially put it in line to be a sequel.)

I can only hope the game continues to grow & gain support over the years to come, The only Klei games I’ve played is the Don't Starve Franchise, But it’s such a good franchise that it deserves to become a global phenomenon & with these free updates, refreshes & fun events I feel like it could steadily be well on its way to achieving that milestone, all that’s left is to advertise and promote it like there’s no tomorrow.

Even Amidst Covid-19 you still work to provide fun character refreshes, quick & timely patch updates, game tweaks, & major content such as Upcoming Return Of Them Update #4 She Sells Seashells

Also, Thanks for Not banning me yet here on these forums for my occasionally off-topic or sometimes broken record repetitive-like posts (sorry if I get on Anyone’s nerves.)

Take care of yourselves & from the bottom of my heart, Truly Thank You for being such an Amazing Development Team.

Klei is home to one of the few development teams I've ever seen give a darn about how their players feel; most other companies are in it for the money alone and try to squeeze out as much as they can even if it resorts to making the game terrible, but not Klei. I've seen many games in development in my time to know what is and what is not filled with passion, and I hand it to Klei because every thing they given to us had more passion in them worth far more than most $60.00 games nowadays. #thank you Klei Entertaiment for giving me something to look forward to each and every year.

When I first learned that klei was in high school.At that time, the first contact was with ds.But because I have to go to school, I don’t have much time to play ds.:grin:

On April 22, 2016, Klei released dst.So if I knew the news, I could n’t wait to buy one.klei made some great games.So far I have bought all of their games, which are great, but my favorite is still dst.

When i play in dst,I met many friends and left very good memories.laugh and joy.

Thanks to klei for bringing such awesome games and thank you for keeping them updated.I hope dst will become better and better in the future, more and more interesting, more people like this game.

Personally, If I have children after a few years,I hope to have the opportunity to play dst with my children.:) 

Thank you to all employees of klei.You guys are awesome! Highest respect.

#thankyoukleientertainment just... for all of this. Great games, caring about your employees and fans, giving me the opportunity to meet some fun people on these forums. 

These are definitelly a part of my daily life nowadays

so i didnt really say my opinion when i made this post i said all those examples which i agree to them but i wanna say my words 

so first of all the only klei game i played is dont starve together but ive seen klei`s other games and they all look good ive only had dont starve together for four months now but in the brief period of time ive really come to love the game how it looks the characters the story and the monthly updates i personally play a game complete it get all the trophies and then stop playing cus i reached the 100% but not when it comes to dont starve the game just keeps on getting updates and with those updates i dont lose interest in the game and one thing that really makes me thankful is klei`s generosity they could have just made dont starve together with the multiplayer and said that was the entire game but instead they went above and beyond updating every now and then so thank you klei for your hard work and dedication 

now im personally a religious person and i tell personally tell you guys at klei that your efforts were not in vain you already have this great community of people who really appreciate you but one day god will really boost you for all your hard work gaining you guys tons of new members who would appreciate you so personally klei thank you for everything k bye

#thankyoukleientertainment

• Developer
3 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

To Nome and his GoLang shenanigans, I learned quite a bit with it even if I still don't feel quite comfortable in it.  I love C too much.

C was my favourite language until go came along and stole its place in my heart. :)

wow.I'm very happy to see everyone share your stories and experiences in the community.

Maybe we are from different countries in the world.Have different growth environments or lifestyles. But now we are all here to share the happiness that klei brings to us and share our own experience.

So happy to be in such a friendly community.In other game communities, I rarely see developers chatting with you like friends. At least I personally have never met such a developer before I came here.

Here I want to thank Mr. Joew in particular.

I just came to the community not long ago and I often send him questions that I am curious about.He always responds to my questions friendly and patiently.

Sir.Thank you for giving me patient corrections when I asked some stupid questions. :wilson_facepalm:

#thankyoukleientertainment for these amazing games, for that I met so many nice people playing them and here on these forums, you guys inspired me to do art. You are always so nice and helpful, you listen to the community.You're the best!    

#thankyoukleientertainment for Don't Starve Together, Oxygen Not Included and partially for Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Thank you for this amazing forums with such magnificent people on them.

Thank you for being humane and not including affecting-on-gameplay microtransactions in your games like most other game devs of present time.

I wish you to get rid of your problems (if u still have them) and become one of the best companies that creates sandbox games

10 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

V2C and having to fix RPCs for almost a solid week a few years back, sorry.  I had fun breaking things.

I can comfort you a bit: It's still possible to break things by using certain RPCs, crashing the server with RPCs is also included.

#thankyoukleientertainment, you provided me the best experience i ever had with a video game ever. 

Firstly, thanks to DST, i met my girlfriend and i couldn't be more grateful. This is our special game and we passed so much time on it together. If it wasn't for this game i would have never met that amazing and lovable person.

Secondly, the dedication and passion that you put in the entire Don't starve franchise motivated me for my job career ! Im currently into college in programation just because i want to give back the same feeling and experience that i managed to get by playing DS. You guys truly inspired me. I want to tell stories, share experiences and create intricate worlds just like don't starve.

Finally, thank you for being always there to listen to us and being there for the community. The weekly art streams, the replies that you do on these forums, the different medias outlook you guys have, are all a great example of it. You guys put the players first and this is more then a community could ever ask in my opinion.

Klei is a warm and cozy family with a giant heart and passion for both there games and players.

Thanks Klei !

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can we take this to twitter and spread the word?:wilson_ecstatic:

well you dont have to but if you do more love and opinions will go to klei i dont use twitter so it your call and everybody else`s who uses twitter i would personally love to see this spread to twitter instgram even facebook let it spread everywhere let the words #thankyoukleientertainment go on the news 

Funny as it seems, Klei gave me my life.
I know that probably sounds ridiculous, but really, it's true.

When I first came on here, I was still in a part of my life where I was very much so just another stupid kid. I barely did much of anything online or offline, knew only 1 person really, and had incredibly rough social skills. If someone ever looked back at stuff I did around when I joined, yikes, I was an annoying little weirdo. Especially my ancient thread of yarn or sumthin... I'm not just gonna give it to you!

But somehow, that's not how everyone saw me. Some people began to talk to me, I began to talk to them, make friends, establish connections, bla bla bla, yada yada yada. I met a lot of people through these forums, and I've liked and loved the grand crowd of them, I think. Being able to spend so much formerly unprecedented amounts of time around people really changed me, and, well, I'd like to venture to say, grandly for the better. I may not be in contact with all the same people I was through the start of this whole adventure, but some of the people that I personally hold the closest to my heart I either met directly on here or through some other tie to people that ultimately stems from here, and we're obviously still close today.

On top of just my social life becoming an actual social life and not just me & 1 other dude cracking jokes alone at a table all day, if it wasn't for people like @the truthseeker I would've never picked up such a huge interest in writing and designing things, ultimately my dream of being a writer forming, so really, I mean it when I say this place has given me my life. Almost every other odd end I've formed and grown has come from something that could easily be tied back to this community. I love this place dearly, and it's almost like some odd kind of second home to me. And this all stems from me needing to report a bug on a game I found the second day of playing a non-pirated version of it...

I'm gonna be here for a few more years, at least. It's been an honor to see Klei, their games, and the community grow through the years I've been able to sit here and pull up a seat to. Being able to have said I've talked to a few game devs, gotten a virtual high-5 from JoeW years ago, and that I legally own the rights to Hot Lava because Mark said so on a steam message trust me it was totally real is something I'd never thought would happen, much less that I've actually had a few impacts on their games. (Woo they changed some Wigfrid quotes cuz of me) And honestly, being able to see everyone at Klei as a real, honest, individual person instead of just The Company Itself as a faceless, cold, single entity is truly comforting. And the DST floodgates opened on April 21st, my birthday, so that was a neat coincidence.

Oh, everyone here is thanking for their experiences with the games?

Uh.

Yea ds rog was fun i died to a tentacle, good stuff

Thank you @Auth for sharing your story, it gave me alot to reflect about my current life and the past, wish you the best in life and the future.

I think all of us can learn something and appreciate from Klei, not only thier unique artstyle, story telling and game production, but how hard it is to find an amazing and colorful company like klei in this time, a company that listens to their community, hosts developer/art streams, appreciates and hears out every person on their feedback. Klei is truly the hidden gem of most game developing companies that has so much sympathy and care towards their audience, it's really outstanding. Thank you Klei for being such an amazing and inspiriational company.

Archived