Crab person: Grandman or grandpa?

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't worry - this didn't slow down our content plan, we will have more info about the next update very soon.

rot_silhouette_beta_2_reveal.png

My vote is grandma due to the "cap" looking like a grandmother trait. The tattered sleeves looks like a male accountant though...

Am I the only person that pays attention to the bottom of this structure?
You can dismiss the claws as a sculpture if you want, because the lines may indicate that they are made from bricks, but I still see a giant cyclops eye in between them wearing the gemmed castle like a crown.
So maybe this is a new boss and a new trader at the same time? Beat the giant crab or kraken lurking below and then you can trade with the crab granny. Wonder if she rewards you with actual gems.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, the update's called "She Sells Seashells", so...

This here. I'm certain she is an old crab lady you can trade with. I'm guessing maybe seashells will be a currency? IT looks like theres gems on her rock, maybe another gem source?

On 4/1/2020 at 12:51 PM, KainMorgen said:

You can dismiss the claws as a sculpture if you want, because the lines may indicate that they are made from bricks, but I still see a giant cyclops eye in between them wearing the gemmed castle like a crown.
So maybe this is a new boss and a new trader at the same time? Beat the giant crab or kraken lurking below and then you can trade with the crab granny. Wonder if she rewards you with actual gems.

Ok, now i'm willing to bet that that's actually a enemy we can fight. Not a interact-able NPC.I just got this feeling.

The big, stony one is the "she" - look at all the gems in the "hair", crown, tiara whatever. The small blue guy is her husband who humbly ask for more gems because his wife cannot speak very well.

58 minutes ago, minespatch said:

latest?cb=20200405094514Found this on the wiki. I wonder why the gems got a shape and color change?5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Perhaps this would be a Trader/Sea Boss that deals with rare gems (Yellow, Orange and Green most included). Some speculated you give the Trader various deep-sea fishes and it offers corresponding gems according to their weight in return. And, under some special circumstance, you might be able to initiate a boss-fight with the giant crab in which rock-shell Trader lives to get said rare gems/loot without fish-currency/exchange. Who knows, maybe some shells of sorts are in the mix as well as per update's title. As to exactly why the visual modification of giant crab's castle-shell, I suppose to nail better what it deals in/loot that drops upon defeat.

Doubt this will be the case, but it would be cool if these blue crab people were like the Pigs and Bunnymen of the sea, and they had little villages. This cyclops creature could be like the Crab King.

On 01/04/2020 at 10:51 PM, KainMorgen said:

Maybe it's just because it's a movable structure. 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, Terra M Welch said:

This here. I'm certain she is an old crab lady you can trade with. I'm guessing maybe seashells will be a currency? IT looks like theres gems on her rock, maybe another gem source?

We dont really know.It was given to us on April Fools.But yeah could be ...

Archived