Crab person: Grandman or grandpa?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

shesells_promo_1920x1080.png

The Crabby Hermit.

Spoiler
20 minutes ago, Hornete said:

HERMITCRAB_GIVE_PEARL = {"If you find my sweetie on your travels...","Could you... give him that pearl?","He'll recognize it."},
HERMITCRAB_GOT_PEARL = {"Oh...","...I think I understand now.","Thank you for bringing this back to me.","I'm so glad you kept coming back.","My friend."},

Granny crab has a case of empty nest syndrome, :{ Looks like the crab king is her son/grandson. Giving the pearl to the crab king and defeating him will drop a new moon altar crown and a cracked version of the pearl, you can give the cracked pearl to the granny crab and she'll say those last few lines.

3 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

wait a second I just came out of nowhere. This won't be the new playable character right? If it is I'm gonna get depression

This crab thing is a NPC mob that you can interact with and do stuff for- Kinda like mini- Quests inside of the game (I think.. Idk yet cause update isn’t on Xbox yet.) 

BUT, I don’t think the quests you can do extend too deep, it would be cool as heck if they added more mobs that gave players random quests such as a hunter who wants you to bring him 50 Hound Hides & 5 No Eyed Deer Antlers. Etc... just cool quests you can do that renew themselves and give the player even more optional stuff they can do.

Although I like the look of Hermit Crablady and think it would be really cool if after doing enough stuff for her you unlocked her and her personal structures as playable content (though I’m not sure how that would work with people who haven’t unlocked her yet... so maybe it’s best she’s NOT playable idk.. :( I’m not a Dev so I don’t think that far ahead into my ideas and suggestions.)

the character is cute, and her island has lunar versions of structures, such as drying racks and bee boxes (when me and my friend checked)

i thought she was some sort of mutated survivor, due to her clear structure and her remarking on berry bushes. she also fishes normally. my thoughts were she lived in the constant before the lunar magic changed her from a hermit to a hermit crab. 

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This crab thing is a NPC mob that you can interact with and do stuff for- Kinda like mini- Quests inside of the game (I think.. Idk yet cause update isn’t on Xbox yet.) 

BUT, I don’t think the quests you can do extend too deep, it would be cool as heck if they added more mobs that gave players random quests such as a hunter who wants you to bring him 50 Hound Hides & 5 No Eyed Deer Antlers. Etc... just cool quests you can do that renew themselves and give the player even more optional stuff they can do.

Although I like the look of Hermit Crablady and think it would be really cool if after doing enough stuff for her you unlocked her and her personal structures as playable content (though I’m not sure how that would work with people who haven’t unlocked her yet... so maybe it’s best she’s NOT playable idk.. :( I’m not a Dev so I don’t think that far ahead into my ideas and suggestions.)

okay PHEW.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Looks like the lunar magic mutated her lover.

well since she's not playable I won't mind too much. I only play as Charlie anyways.. I love that mod. But if we get an other character, I hope it's not an other creature of the constant! enough!

i just realized both native creatures to the constant can only be played once they're coaxed out. with money. OUR money

not faulting klei for that, hell, sometimes i wonder how dst is anywhere near profitable due to their constant updates and only charging for skins, which can be crafted with their own virtual currency you can obtain through play.

on the topic of the hermit crab hermit, i don't want her to be a character namely due to her already being in the game and being used for the bottle exchange. mods, maybe, but not really official klei unless it's something like, her cousin crab, twice removed.

1 minute ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

t, i don't want her to be a character namely due to her already being in the game and being used for the bottle exchange

I would love more npcs like Pearl. Characters you'd have to search out of you way to find.

Archived