Guilty Confessions?

I pressed Alt F4 everytime i died on singleplayer before the fainting animation to save my saveslot.

I thought hammering hound mounds got rid of hound attacks.

I once got my newbie friend and an acquaintance on a boat trip and threatened all of our lives to starvation or shipwreck if the dang scallywag of my acquaintance didn't jump the plank. He did not jump, we all died

Neither of these things are bad per se, but i feel bad doing them. 

I was playing as Wickerbottom and my friend was Maxwell. I accidentally burnt down a forest around us trying to get coal for crockpots and drying racks. I wasn't paying attention and the fire spread like crazy and almost burnt down our base. We ended up moving our stuff anyway and mostly came out unscathed, but I feel bad about it still. 

The first time she and I beat the Deerclops, we survived until early spring. I was Wigfrid, and she was pre refresh Wendy; this is the same friend from the above story. I went to explore near a pig checkpoint. I was planning on just squeaking past the checkpoint because there was more land over there that wasn't filled in yet. I forgot there was a Moose Goose nest nearby, so I died to Guardian Pigs and Moslings because I got greedy with Moose Goose drops. We died trying to get my stuff back because it was overrun with Moslings. Those things are adorable, but deadly. 

5 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

One time I rushed an alchemy engine a little too hard...

I failed to notice I didnt have enough grass for a torch. >.<

-- But... The engine doesn't use rope or grass or anything related

When I first played DST I picked Willow so I could start with fire and burn the base everyone built near spawn gate.

I still burn things on occasion, but I try to make it funny.  Like "Oh, you just built tier 1 magic?  That's great, but I think its in the wrong place.  Lets burn it."

Also I'm very blonde, so I forget things and have to run back to base a dozen times before I can leave for any boss.

I used to not ban people that deserves it at first, I would just put them on a blacklist and grief when I saw them again, usually after they worked on something that takes time to make, so they see what a pain it is to be griefed. Only after I was content I would ban them from the server. When it's just easy to hop on to another server, better take some measures yourself to send a message to those people.

I stopped doing that just because I don't run a server anymore.

In my 1000's hours of gameplay, I still turn off frog rain in singleplayer. I've done this since forever, except for the few time I forget, in which I'm quickly reminded of why I remove them in the first place.

In SP, the frogs never despawn. They can be there for years. In my 300 day Webber world I still find frogs from 3 years ago!

They also:

• can kill off the entire beefalo population in a single night with cheer numbers alone
  • attacks my bees
  • attacks my pigs
  • attacks me
  • kills the catcoons
  • are a pain in the neck to fight
  • takes days to dispose of safely. And by the time your down to the last few, another frog rain will probably occur (I had springs where 4 frog rains happened. FOUR!)
  • their meat is just a colorful morsel. Useless, will probably spoil before you could get to them

I hate them. I hate them so much.

Oh boy... here we go.

In a public server I saw people start to build the main base directly next to beefalo. Rather than helping them move the base, I just set up a different one for myself and waited for winter to see the server flipping out and the number of ghosts skyrocket. It was fantastic

I once was gonna “borrow” some live butterflies a Wortox had in a chest as a spare source of souls. After planting a couple next to the bee boxes I went to put the rest back. However I had a full inventory and was carrying monster meat in my mouse. When I went to swap the monster meat with a nearly full stack of butterflies, I accidentally right clicked which fed the monster meat to the butterflies and they all died. Got butter out of it though. Wortox was not pleased but didn’t know it was me.

As Warly I always hide ingredients/dishes that I’m saving for myself in my portable crockpot or portable seasoning station. If you find yourself in a pub asking “Where is the 4 meat I just put in this icebox” and I’m in your server, chances are it is in my crockpot, helping no one.

And finally, if I’m doing a hunt and get anything that isn’t a koalefant, I 100% am going to say nothing, walk away, and wait for someone else to come across it randomly, just for the chance that they might absentmindedly walk too close and then have to book it.

Guilty confessions... boy this thread is for me.

Here's how I became a burden to a pair of players running an endless server:

• I fought my first DST Dragonfly and got out of stone cage even though I was told not to;
  • I wasted a bunch of purple gems seeing how much they got for the sake of experimenting with teleports;
  • When one of the guys questioned a newcomer about whether he knows the game, I immediately answered for them;
  • When Beefalo taming was added I wasted most of the grass, twigs and possible vegetables for taming, only to let the beef go feral the next irl day;
  • My experimenting with teleporting was apparently so annoying that the next time I checked the gem chests, all purple, red and blue gems were gone

After the last one I abandoned the server (not dropping any items) and never returned.

And here are two other cases of me ruining the game:

• I once felt like roleplaying Wendy and try being all that depressing and stuff... I died to a Koalephant (unintentionaly), drove everyone insane, made them die to shadows and the last to leave said "F you, b". Guess I roleplayed too well;
  • With the anxiety I had from my previous failures I pushed myself and joined another public server, hoping that I will not burn an entire base down with hounds or something... Well guess what happened. The following "Wendy ffs" was enough to make me leave.

At this point I have a feeling that my anxiety and fear of messing up and not looking like a complete noob make me exactly that. This is why the only way I play is with friends or alone... mostly alone because my friends are not interested in DST whatsoever.
Got a bit existential at the end... heh well that's all there's in my head sadly. No wonder I main Wendy.

8 hours ago, thomas4846 said:

I've never made it to summer in my 1000 hours of playing the game
(even when using 99 stacks and such)

Honestly, PM me and we can discuss some techniques that will make you successful.  There’s a lot of easy way to handle winter and spring challenges, and we can discuss challenge by challenge if you’d like.

I feel myself guilty, because i have become toxic after playing dst over 1,900+ hours. all the burned bases i felt, all the griefers i had to deal, all the noobs i was playing leading to failure. i had enough of this bs and went toxic by myself. but after i realized that, it doesnt really help being toxic.

Do you guys remember, back in the day, those old Summer and Winter set-piece traps?

When the servers had no vote menu to rollback, and everything that was done was set in stone?

Do you remember minding your own business and seeing the world suddenly tint blue/yellow and desperately scrounging up supplies for the sudden season change?

Do you remember how everyone would start flaming in chat. saying "OMG WHO OPENED SUMMER CHEST" or "WHAT IDIOT STARTED WINTER"?

Spoiler

IT WAS ME.

I DID IT. EVERY CHANCE I GOT.

I once killed a man (accidentally) and left his body in a cave.

edit - in dont starve: I once commanded people around. Basically was acting really bossy. I like playing with new players and seeing how they discover things. I like pretending to be new player (no skins, no portrait, no icon).

Once when I was playing as Wes ( and yes that sounds like a dangerous idea but I was handling him just fine) I made water balloons and then one night I wonder what would happened if I were to throw a water balloon at the fire and then I learned the dangerous properties of a water balloon

I died to a catcoon after killing deerclops as Webber

I've died by accidentally eating raw monster meat at least once

I died to flint in an earthquake, speaking of earthquakes, I got hit by a rabbit during one, I didn't die to it, just got hit by it as soon as I entered the caves

Ive been trying to think of something for the past few hours, but even after 1k hours, I still can't remember anything that would qualify for a "guilty confession". I'm a clean slate. I never griefed nor was toxic, unless you count sh-tposting in server chat toxic, but in that case you're no fun.

If someone remembers something that I don't, feel free to expose me in this thread.

3 hours ago, Canis said:

Ive been trying to think of something for the past few hours, but even after 1k hours, I still can't remember anything that would qualify for a "guilty confession". I'm a clean slate. I never griefed nor was toxic, unless you count sh-tposting in server chat toxic, but in that case you're no fun.

If someone remembers something that I don't, feel free to expose me in this thread.

I can attest to this save for that one time he took my Krampus Sack in the Sanctuary Server, but I deserved that too because I rubbed its' acquisition in his face whenever I could as he had never had a sack drop for him in regular gameplay, which means I had it coming.

Furthermore, Canis is a very helpful player, willing to go extreme lengths such as going through long and boring tasks at my behest, like logging trees or digging up tons of turf.

Archived