So yeah, discuss

I'm not a Wendy fan personally, so today doesn't have much of anything for me, though I am glad the march of progress continues.

However this bit has me excited-

14 minutes ago, JanH said:

If everything goes according to plan we expect the next update to be toward the end of April with the next Return of Them Content update, "She Sells Seashells". Here's a bit of a teaser of what's to come. We'll have more info shortly before release!

rot_silhouette_beta_1.png

It's kinda hard for me to guess at what's going on here, i've been playing Shipwrecked heavily the past week, and all my thoughts are a bit tainted by it. Obviously some sort of crab creature. I was wondering if it might be a new character, but it seems the update is RoT content, so probably not.

Edit: of course, on second thought this could be the groundwork for bringing a Rock Lobster character into the fold. Maybe the character itself, or some kind of Lobster type creature up top.

The image is titled rot_silhouette_beta_1, which I don't think is very helpful. It seems to be a small humanoid crab on a rock (throne?). I think that there will be something of more importance sitting on the rock (that we can't see right now).

The crab man gives me Invader Zim vibes for some reason

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Could be the ugliest man in the world with crab claws...

Completely and utterly unrelated to the topic but the most handsome man I have ever met in my life had a crab claw for a right hand. Literally didn’t even notice it until he handed me a drink with it.

Wonder if this is the missing Crab King sounds that we’re in the audio files and then mysteriously pulled (along with otter sounds) for some reason.. though SHE would imply it’s a QUEEN.

Unless... it’s still a He and the “She” part is Walani being brought to DST selling him Seashells...  Either way the title of the Update makes it obvious that Return of Them Update #4 will continue to focus on more Sea content.

10 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

Completely and utterly unrelated to the topic but the most handsome man I have ever met in my life had a crab claw for a right hand. Literally didn’t even notice it until he handed me a drink with it.

Must have been Slaaneshi.

12 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Maybe a new sea boss?

Or an intelligent mob like Pigmen?

I’m thinking it’s more like Yarctopus.. for those of you who did not play Shipwrecked for Whatever reason.. this was an “At Sea” Version of the Pig King, Except it was an Octopus laying on a rock.

Why do I think this? She SELLS Seashells.

Though it could also have the 4th new playable character teaser there too. It does have claws so it’s either a Crab or a Rock Lobster... 

Eitherway I feel bad for people who can’t host worlds with caves... because if it IS a Rock Lobster Playable Character, you’ll need Cave content.

Not gonna lie, im not a fan of all the non human characters, and a rock lobster person was probably the last on my list for creatures, but if the gameplay is good then i cant complain too much, i hope its not another build king amass follower character again though.

This might be interesting to you: massing with the "exposure" options on photopea showed this:

image.png.ffd3c1d7d083589e32b2ddadd5724f3b.png

Looks like these semi white blocs might be things like little craters, crystals (salt) or spikes!

Or shells, like mollusks 

10 minutes ago, Wumpair said:

This might be interesting to you: massing with the "exposure" options on photopea showed this:

Looks like these semi white blocs might be things like little craters, crystals (salt) or spikes!

Or shells, like mollusks 

Here it is with more of the alpha curve maintained to see the slight gradients:

a.png.9c3cea052be0947408c5d6859f065c7e.png

2 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Here it is with more of the alpha curve maintained to see the slight gradients:

a.png.9c3cea052be0947408c5d6859f065c7e.png

It honestly just looks like the new crab character on the back of the "crab king"'s shell (the entire sihouette looks like a huge hermit crab) The shell is probably in the shape of like a palace made of jagged rocks

18 minutes ago, sudoku said:

It honestly just looks like the new crab character on the back of the "crab king"'s shell (the entire sihouette looks like a huge hermit crab) The shell is probably in the shape of like a palace made of jagged rocks

Nah it’s Obviously...

09A6306C-7FE3-468A-9C4E-F2168D4AC02B.jpeg

32 minutes ago, sudoku said:

The shell is probably in the shape of like a palace made of jagged rocks

Rocks?! Like shiny stones? Like Infinity stones? Thanos is that you my dear? Oh no with your stupid bubbles again!

Картинки по запросу "thanos i am inevitable"

Archived