Updated Roadmap for 2020 ?

They might announce a DLC or something. I get that oni is quite a complete game on its own. However, some ideas can definitely be expanded upon.

For example, they could make it so that you can go "below" the core. In-game you can only go a bit sideways and to the core of the asteroid. What if you could have the entire asteroid instead? space once you go sideways enough and you can go below the core as well. New biomes and stuff. 

I'm also interested in learning how much DLC is planned.

I'm particularly hoping for an optional event system (something similar to Rimworld but with better balancing and customization), external threats (i.e. occasional combat with hidden hostile critters), as well as expanded simulation of the dupes themselves (e.g. more social interaction, more detailed wants/needs, etc). I would also like to see more optional settings to increase danger/difficulty of the game world in realistic or semi-realistic ways.

I just cant wait to spend my money on new DLC. Hope there will be new biomes and scenarios! 
Currently I'm missing fully cold worlds with only cold geysers :) Or shuttle crash landing - you start on surface with your crash landed rocket and with space suits and limited amount of oxygen you have to set your new base.

Ahhh scenarios... where are you? :)

I heard that around the time of eastern klei will ship every early access buyer an amd threadripper 3990x to alleviate the late game performance issues.

But let's wait for an official statement first before going VIRAL!

Having said that, i'd also settle for a DLC. Or just a free content patch? :o

I'm all for bug fixes...

However there are some mechanics that could most definitely be improved through expansion.

Textile industry: It's useless atm once you get snazzy suits. I wish there were more variety of clothes with accordingly effects. Klei did a very good job overhauling cooking but it's still a shame we don't have a proper Kitchen room. Some possibilities: Engineer's uniform (improve Operating), Doctor's coat (improve Medicine), etc. A proper mechanic related to chill enviroments and coldness are a must as duplicants currently only suffer and take damage in hot boiling areas. Rime should be the counterpart of Oasisse.

Disease system: it barely exists, any overhaul is welcome.

Cooling: it would be nice to have more early-mid game options. Wheezeworts, ice machine and thermoregulator don't have a chance compared to ST + AT.

Gravitas station: What about giving it a use? Other less important POI lore wise can cool (AETN) or buff dupes (vacilator) while Gravitas Station doesn't do anything. Even the useless POIs with automation puzzles are more interactive. With the adition of boulders do we really need another obstacle?

Rocketry: Maybe this is the most critical. First thing, trips are way too long even with 10% skill bonus. Surface setups are a hassle and the rewards are innocuous once you have supercoolant (which is mostly usable for more space stuff). Having in mind the performance cost of breaching into space, it isn't crazy to skip it for good. I hardly do rocketry and it's often the main reason I lose interest in my saves. Ofc someone can actively take decisions to mitigate performance loss.  If one is willing to do anything to keep performance, like not using jet suits, avoiding conveyor rails, deleting or properly storing the excess regolith mass, etc... the most efficient decision is to skip space completely as the more useful stuff will most likely be invested in more space things. Also, the absurd hoarding of data banks and useless artifacts... So yeah, rocketry really would make use of a second look by devs.

One suggestion I have is making it possible to travel with few duplicants to a new asteroid carrying a limited amount of resources (bit of plastic, thermium, insulation, supercoolant) to restart the colony (maybe from surface this time?). Numbers would be reset, reports too. This way I guess we would solve the problems of an overused map and doing all that rocketry would actually have a purpose.

Map Editor: We already have debug mode and sandbox mode which are powerful tools. Improving them a bit in order to give the community a way to create and share customs asteroids can give the game a whole lot more of replayability.

Even having enjoyed the Recreation Pack I really don't think this kind of expansion is the way to go for a paid DLC. It's redundant and don't touch the issues people are commonly reporting.

Bugfixes and re-balance are critical.  Only other thing I'm really after would be more asteroid types, cooking recipes, and maybe making research more interesting. 

Burning through water is a good early game cost for research.  Dirt is not.  Sending out research rockets is awful.  All of them require negligible amounts of power and that dupes just stand around doing nothing while a number ticks up.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:28 AM, Coolthulhu said:

Bug fixes > redundant features like more power generation

Maybe, maybe not.  There are always going to be bugs.  And like it or not, at some point Klei has to consider the return on investment they're getting on squashing more bugs vs developing new content.  Bug fixes are welcome, of course; I just don't think they're as vital to the game's success as some of you make them out to be.

57 minutes ago, goboking said:

squashing more bugs vs developing new content

Content is fine, just not when it's not a forgettable gimmick (or annoying or obsoletes many other things). The nuclear power mentioned above would be just another tubes or recreation.

Bug fixes are needed right now. Content is a gamble - well designed content would be even better than bug fixes, mediocre content would be a lot of wasted work and delays in much needed bug fixes.

IIRC they've said that they're currently working on another free pack and the upcoming DLC.

They were hoping to have the next pack in testing within a few weeks, and what was 13 days ago so... :wilson_curious:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingEphemeralNeanderthalFreakinStinkin

Spoiler

@jambell also said they're working on a secret ONI VR project, and it's going to be released Summer 2020. :wilson_sneaky:

This was a joke btw, the only ONI VR project going on is by MF99K. :wilson_goodjob:

Archived