A Neural Network Writes The Next Roadmap

In honor of @HereBeJimbo, first one to have proposed this, in the spirit of good fun, in answer to the times where our collective patience for the next roadmap has worn thin and and to divert us from all the serious discussions we're having (though I do condone them in the spirit of free speech, I;d love for the people to chill out and have a laugh too sometime instead of be all gloomy and argumentative XD) here is a talk-to-transformer DST roadmap! Gaze upon its' beauty!

Bold text is the text that I added.

------------------------

Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve made a post here, I’d like to share with you our plans for Don't Starve Together 2020, which are extensive!

As you know, we have no intention of neglecting or abandoning the fans of the game. In fact, we have a lot planned that we think will enrich the game. We have been carefully listening to what the fans of the game want and are now going to embark on a new adventure.

It is with great excitement that we announce that for the next year, starting with the end of 2018, we plan to make at least two major updates to the game.

The first massive Don't Starve Together update, rolling out this March, shall bring with it 1.3 million square kilometers to explore. It's very difficult to pinpoint exactly how many square kilometers of land is contained within a single biome, as it all depends on your proximity to the nearest beach. Players will find many beaches that will contain pieces of land that players can claim. When you find a beach, you can drop off the beach piece and the island will convert itself into a new biome (even if the beach was not intended to be converted). To place this new land piece, a player needs to stack three or more pieces of land together.

These lands will include expansions to existing Return of Them content, especially the ocean, which shall have many excellent new features, from thermal vents to hardy species; and, in the shadow of these new worlds, plenty of brand new features, to include massive pirate infested oceanic outposts and dungeons.

You can also expect to find plenty of fantastic new plot devices, including intrepid NPC explorers who will travel far and wide to uncover more of their lost worlds! This will lead to some of our most significant and challenging new quests yet!

Soon, They shall arise and visit the Constant, bringing new challenges to bear on our Survivors, such as the undead being released from their macabre tombs, a rogue god reappearing, or the return of someone special from the past.

New plants and animals shall be introduced into Don't Starve Together such as plants and animals such as Minecraft and Minecraft Pets. We also want the AI to interact with other players in-game, making sure there's a "whack a zombie" moment if you get run over. In addition, we want to allow the players to be the bosses in the game. That is, the player is the one with the most crafting ability, and there are times when you will need to kill other players.

We have not forgotten our promise to add new exciting characters in Don't Starve Together, and we shall deliver, starting with Witherbloom.

Meet Witherbloom, a fairy made of mystical leaves. Her fluttering wings will steal your farm, and cause a pestilence!

If you ever have a spell where your enemies explode into smoke when you attack, use this spell. She will not come in handy for a very long time, but she might come in handy once the full patch rolls out on July 30th.

We also have not forgotten our promise to refresh existing characters in Don't Starve Together, continuing where we left off with Wendy, who shall now have something of a full backstory to work with.

We also plan to rework Croque Du Chevalier, the legendary animal hunter! He will be lowered in power, but will also have some other small changes.

And that’s it folks!

In short, we are significantly increasing our support of Don’t Starve Together in 2020 with
 the following reward:

NICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICARAGOTALLICA

Thanks so much for playing Don't Starve Together, once again. I’m still amazed at how it’s evolved over the years. It's incredibly rewarding to see how people are still playing it more than 10 years later!If you have any feedback on the latest patch (which I hope to have any day now) please keep that in mind. I just want to hear what players like you think! I need your ideas to make Don’t Starve Together even better.

Warmest Regards,

Community Manager Roshana

------------------------

If you've got your own lovely rework notes, leave them in the comments and have a good time, everyone!

EDIT: Here is the link to the neural network!

https://talktotransformer.com/

Now go ham, future klei devs!

28 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Soon, They shall arise and visit the Constant, bringing new challenges to bear on our Survivors, such as the undead being released from their macabre tombs, a rogue god reappearing, or the return of someone special from the past.

Klei please

32 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Maxwell mains will have a bad time.

My take on this:

Spoiler

Hello everyone!
It’s been a while since I’ve made a post here, I’d like to share with you our plans for 2020, which are extensive!

We’ve been working on these plans since the early hours of our development in 2014. We’ve made lots of progress! We’re also about to release a brand new UI based on our amazing Flutter Recorder which should make development much faster. However, it also means we have had to stop working on beta releases. So, the works will continue here, but they won’t get as much attention. Instead, the plans I have for the following years will be much more concrete.

First, I’d like to recap what happened for Don't Starve Together in 2019:
Exile Island (Beta) New content coming soon Coming soon to Don't Starve Together next year in the form of Exile Island. Players can build something different from the ground up on this island and hope they can survive the harsh elements. There will also be updates from The Lab that will improve the overall game experience and support you in your exploration. Of course, we also have our new launches happening with Vex and Wayward Souls. We will get more updates for each of them next year. Coming to its end, we released a patch to fix a variety of bugs, including the Living Chest bug. We will release more content over the course of the year

Brand New Content: Everything in the previous patch had to be re-done to the new itemized layout. I suggest re-downloading the older versions of the game as we do not support the newer items.

Content: I added the stash tab, plus a new vanity pouches that are tied to every player class. In future updates, it is likely I will add "flavor" tabs like the LFG browser does. These vanity items are updated when items go into or out of the inventory. They are placeholders, but I will update them when I update the item catalog.

Gameplay: I finally made it into beta and tuned the internal art for ultimate and character creation. Now we can scale our external art up and down dynamically for greater quality

Character Refreshes:
Starting with Wendy in
the time I've come up with 3 moves that clear the boss. She's also immune to the demon type. She also has solid DR5. -Breath of Flame
-Ancient Rune 2
-Double Slash
Demon type brings its own class-changes but are only effective against Wendy. Very slow move sets so she is very susceptible to combos. A useful asset for Wendy is a pattern she uses for her Combos. Remember when Hana-Yukimura was at max level, they would get in a narrow diagonal circle around her but now Wendy will go around the entire circular pattern. This will blow back the whole army of monsters. The Demon type is brutal and therefore really helpful for Wendy. -Dorky Dance

Quality of Life, Twitch Drops, Etc.
We will also be continually updating the game with
great new features and content for everyone to enjoy. Our ultimate goal is to increase player retention, drive more real revenue, and grow the community at large. If you are interested in helping to make this happen, please reach out to our executive team for an opportunity to be a part of the team. The stuff we can do together is enormous. As an example of what this means, how do you think the recent Twitch Drops fit into this? It's an exciting opportunity for players to get new weapon and cosmetic items at low cost. The goal is to get players interested in the game, not just addicted to Twitch Drops, and then repeatedly repeat watching the same pack once they're

And that’s it folks!
In short, we are significantly increasing our support of Don’t Starve Together in 2020 with a
$125,000 budget and hiring more folks, going from four to six core team members. If you're interested in joining us, please write us at cooperatively[at]ludumdare.com. We hope to welcome you as a potential fan on the 15th of March. Like this: Like Loading...

This topic is a great idea.

4 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

My take on this:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello everyone!
It’s been a while since I’ve made a post here, I’d like to share with you our plans for 2020, which are extensive!

We’ve been working on these plans since the early hours of our development in 2014. We’ve made lots of progress! We’re also about to release a brand new UI based on our amazing Flutter Recorder which should make development much faster. However, it also means we have had to stop working on beta releases. So, the works will continue here, but they won’t get as much attention. Instead, the plans I have for the following years will be much more concrete.

First, I’d like to recap what happened for Don't Starve Together in 2019:
Exile Island (Beta) New content coming soon Coming soon to Don't Starve Together next year in the form of Exile Island. Players can build something different from the ground up on this island and hope they can survive the harsh elements. There will also be updates from The Lab that will improve the overall game experience and support you in your exploration. Of course, we also have our new launches happening with Vex and Wayward Souls. We will get more updates for each of them next year. Coming to its end, we released a patch to fix a variety of bugs, including the Living Chest bug. We will release more content over the course of the year

Brand New Content: Everything in the previous patch had to be re-done to the new itemized layout. I suggest re-downloading the older versions of the game as we do not support the newer items.

Content: I added the stash tab, plus a new vanity pouches that are tied to every player class. In future updates, it is likely I will add "flavor" tabs like the LFG browser does. These vanity items are updated when items go into or out of the inventory. They are placeholders, but I will update them when I update the item catalog.

Gameplay: I finally made it into beta and tuned the internal art for ultimate and character creation. Now we can scale our external art up and down dynamically for greater quality

Character Refreshes:
Starting with Wendy in
the time I've come up with 3 moves that clear the boss. She's also immune to the demon type. She also has solid DR5. -Breath of Flame
-Ancient Rune 2
-Double Slash
Demon type brings its own class-changes but are only effective against Wendy. Very slow move sets so she is very susceptible to combos. A useful asset for Wendy is a pattern she uses for her Combos. Remember when Hana-Yukimura was at max level, they would get in a narrow diagonal circle around her but now Wendy will go around the entire circular pattern. This will blow back the whole army of monsters. The Demon type is brutal and therefore really helpful for Wendy. -Dorky Dance

Quality of Life, Twitch Drops, Etc.
We will also be continually updating the game with
great new features and content for everyone to enjoy. Our ultimate goal is to increase player retention, drive more real revenue, and grow the community at large. If you are interested in helping to make this happen, please reach out to our executive team for an opportunity to be a part of the team. The stuff we can do together is enormous. As an example of what this means, how do you think the recent Twitch Drops fit into this? It's an exciting opportunity for players to get new weapon and cosmetic items at low cost. The goal is to get players interested in the game, not just addicted to Twitch Drops, and then repeatedly repeat watching the same pack once they're

And that’s it folks!
In short, we are significantly increasing our support of Don’t Starve Together in 2020 with a
$125,000 budget and hiring more folks, going from four to six core team members. If you're interested in joining us, please write us at cooperatively[at]ludumdare.com. We hope to welcome you as a potential fan on the 15th of March. Like this: Like Loading...

This topic is a great idea.

Thank you

For being a DECENT human being and quoting/snipping

----------------------------------

Also, I do like these ideas, they are great!

I'm just patiently waiting for the arguments to roll in anyyyyy second now..... 

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

This is how Warbucks is returning, as an undead rogue god from the past.

Spoiler

Hello everyone!
It’s been a while since I’ve made a post here, I’d like to share with you our plans for Don't Starve Together in 2020, which are extensive! 

I can promise you this is gonna be a very BIG update in terms of both content and mechanics.
In the coming update, we’ll add new game modes, level design, difficulty, as well as a lot of things! In some cases you’ll get some special rewards for completing them, so be sure to spread the word and play! And I still can't stop talking about it!
Delve into some haunted memory or journey to a far away land through 10 ultra hard achievements. Once you unlock all those achievements, you will be rewarded with one of those special non-evil alternate colors.

A new trophy will be unlocked upon reaching the final region in the Story.

After unlocking all 5 stages in the Story mode, you will be awarded with a new type of bonus victory screen.

Some people may call this a cheat since you do not have to play through all of the story, but I believe it's extremely well balanced. This sort of mode will help you see how you play against the game to understand how to improve your scores.

You will always face a variety of opponents and all will have unique characteristics. Understanding those will allow you to hone your strategies. You will also get to try new builds, as you are never playing the same enemy type twice.

You can start a private game with friends, or join the public game via a special button. This way you can see how the competition is progressing. It should be easy to get a feel for how the game works and start playing against yourself. You will be able to review your times and see how well you did against others.

"But my friends are playing too!"

No need. We have set our game to scale with the amount of peoples involved, plus we've invested in many extra functionalities to ensure the problem is addressed immediately.

We have two options for handling the situation right away, neither will solve this right away.

Option 1 - Ignore the problem and hope the bug gets fixed on a more senior level.

Option 2 - Upgrade the software to the next level by making better decisions on how our system interacts with the network.

Option 3 - Think outside of the box and implement something innovative to tackle the problem.

This is what we've done so far, and that is an exhaustive list of options.

We looked around and also considered about 2,000 potential solutions.

Hm...this got weird fast. :wilson_curious:

22 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

It’s been a while since I’ve made a post here, I’d like to share with you our plans for Don't Starve Together 2020, which are extensive!

It is with great excitement that we announce that for the next year, starting with the end of 2018, we plan to make at least two major updates to the game.

2020...but starting at the end of 2018.

...waitwhat.

22 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The first massive Don't Starve Together update, rolling out this March, shall bring with it 1.3 million square kilometers to explore. It's very difficult to pinpoint exactly how many square kilometers of land is contained within a single biome, as it all depends on your proximity to the nearest beach. Players will find many beaches that will contain pieces of land that players can claim. When you find a beach, you can drop off the beach piece and the island will convert itself into a new biome (even if the beach was not intended to be converted). To place this new land piece, a player needs to stack three or more pieces of land together.

...I have no idea what this game is, but somehow I want it.  It's like...Sim-Earth meets Terrarria meets that one weird dream I had once.  Moveable, stackable and claimable _land_?  Also funny about all the beaches, since we were just talking about those in the "What would you like to see added to the ocean?" thread.

--I like how it picked up on the word "oceans" with "thermal vents" and pirate dungeons.  (_I_ wanna explore an underwater pirate dungeon...!)

--The player with the most crafting ability becomes the boss and has to kill other players, "we want to _make sure_ that there will be a "whack-a-zombie" moment, and Minecraft pets.

Okay then. 

Also Witherbloom is an AWESOME name.  She sounds like an anti-hero or villain-as-protagonist.  I kinda want to play as her now.  (The closest I can come up with in characters I've actually played/would be willing to play would be kind of a mix of Wormwood and Wirlywings from the Cherry Forest mod, only evil or Just Misunderstood.)

21 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

We’ve been working on these plans since the early hours of our development in 2014

Wait yours has even MORE time-travel shenanigans!  XD

14 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

After unlocking all 5 stages in the Story mode,

Oh hai there Adventure Mode!  How's your love life?

14 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Once you unlock all those achievements, you will be rewarded with one of those special non-evil alternate colors.

Wait, what are the EVIL colors then, and why are they apparently the default?  XD

So apparently yours is about a special Forge-like event.  Huh.  Also, "over 2,000 possible solutions"?  There ain't no kill like OVERkill, I guess!

And then, in addition to the AI Dungeon thing, we have...

Okay I can't get the proper link to link no matter what I do, so here it is in plain:

http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/r.php?c=280XjAZ1  The Starving Games!

I haven't tried it yet myself, I just saved it and I hope it works properly.  Everyone lemme know what weird results you get!  :)

...Notorious

21 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

These lands will include expansions to existing Return of Them content, especially the ocean, which shall have many excellent new features, from thermal vents to hardy species; and, in the shadow of these new worlds, plenty of brand new features, to include massive pirate infested oceanic outposts and dungeons.

You can also expect to find plenty of fantastic new plot devices, including intrepid NPC explorers who will travel far and wide to uncover more of their lost worlds! This will lead to some of our most significant and challenging new quests yet!

this part seems legit for me

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wilba, Woodie, and Wortox get into a fight. Woodie triumphantly kills them both

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THANK YOU (Triumphant Woodie on a rampage....)

-------------------------------

Also, classic Wilson....

Wilson gets fishing gear.

-------------------------------------

Also Also,

Woodie
Alive
4 Kills

IT BE DAY 2 WOODIE

---------------------

Killed by his own kind....

Wormwood attempts to climb a tree, but falls to his death.

----------------------------------------------

The winner is Wolfgang from District 1!

(This is officially the best thing ever. Ok I'm going to stop posting now.....)

I know, right?  I also kept getting things where the Shipwrecked/ocean-related characters were fishing or grabbing fishing gear...

And Charlie just BARELY didn't win again.  She usually does, when I do this!  I think the quiz knows...

By the way, this thing doesn't randomise properly the way it should.  If you want it to, try clicking on "edit cast", then click "Submit" without changing anything (or...DO change stuff if you want different characters/order).  THEN it should play it out differently.  I understand a new version of the simulator is currently in testing; maybe that'll work better.

One of these days I'll try making a fancier one with custom events and such, but I'll have to think of some good ones first.

...Notorious

Archived