Wardrobe idea

You should be able to use the wardrobe to change the skins of items you already have

This'll be especially useful with starting item skins like Ashley since you'd normally just repair Bernie instead of going through the trouble of getting beard hair for a new one 

and this'll also open up opportunities for skins of items like tam o shanters tentacle spikes

I'd love something that could reskin existing items, like the walking cane. I got so many plain ones from Winter's Feast gifts, it would be cool to be able to change them into candy canes or one of the other skins. And tam o' shanter skins would be super cool.

Simple solution- your character doesn’t need a brand new crafting station for this, instead just update existing Wardrobe to do this but instead of standing outside of it being creepily dressed and undressed by Nightmare hands (don’t google images of that)

Instead we should pay Homage to the old Superman movies where he hops into a phone booth as Clark Kent and Hops back out as Superman.

In DST- You, Critter and all will hop inside the Wardrobe, the doors will close, you will then change the cosmetic items you desire then burst back out the Wardrobe.

This would also be a hilarious way of scaring new players who do not know your in there (which I already do with bush hats..)

No. Just craft another.

there'll be a time when Klei will no longer be able to afford developer time on expensive, "lazy" features such as this, and it's probably coming much sooner than you'd believe. I'd rather they keep focusing on RoT.

Oh my god, I would SO do that.  XD  I already have fun scaring the beejeezus out of new arrivals by greeting them at the portal at night with the Stagehand randomly following behind me...

Anyway yeah, I'd like to be able to see my new pet skin without having to abandon (such a sad word :() the original one, and I recently got Willow's fancier lighter, but had to make a seperate one in order to see it.  Same deal with Ashley, etc.  A Belongings Chest of Drawers would be a neat idea.

And if you can't leap out of it like Superman, at least let me jump into the air, spin around, and come down in the new clothes like a Sim.  :)

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

No. Just craft another.

there'll be a time when Klei will no longer be able to afford developer time on expensive, "lazy" features such as this, and it's probably coming much sooner than you'd believe. I'd rather they keep focusing on RoT.

I don't disagree with the core of your opinion but this seems like an unnecessarily harsh and pessimistic way to state it.

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

No. Just craft another.

I 100% disagree with this, the RoT updates is the first biggest and most significant updates to DST since 2017... Yes we HAD limited time gorge and forge events which literally lasted a week at the most and then was gone never to be seen again (on Console at least) but the RoT and new DLC characters are breathing new life into a game that set for years growing stale.

I have convinced MANY of my friends to buy the game with the constant stream of new content updates that have been coming out, some bought it to build a boat, others bought it to play as Wurt.. hell some of them even bought it just to go around during WintersFeast and smash Gingerpig houses watching them crawl out of them leg-less.

The point is that: Klei is building more and more attention towards DST, this isn’t just my opinion either, Goggle DST from any well known game media source and you’ll notice that places like IGN, & Gamespot, & Game Informer have been covering DST’s new stream of fresh new content.

More attention = More Players = More money for the Dev’s.

with Don’t Starve Together being Nominated for Labor Of Love (did they win?? I never found out)

And with an actual Developer posting in a topic the other day discussing Crossplay as something they wanted to do since DST’s development.

I feel safe in saying that as long as they are making decent revenue out of the game (the best seller is Word of Mouth..) then they will continue to provide us with updates to DST.

So ideas such as this doesn’t hurt.. it could even bring in more people to the game.

Idk you don't have my vote for this one. Yes it would be fun to have skins for tams and tentacles spikes, this would be the solution for it. Actually it would be a solution, not the only one I'm sure. But I need to concur as others said before: this is not a very important thing for the devs to focus on. 

Personally, just by the wardrobe, I always have at least one of each different walking canes. A chest filled with different winter hats. As for Bernie and Ashley, I get it must be annoying, but really if this is important to you, you'll go and find some beard hairs, you have a couple of options.

Plus, there is something with that idea that I have trouble making sense of. An object cannot changes form in a wardrobe. You change clothes that's alright. Your walking cane can't change from the ancient form to a candy cane. I mean yes it's just a game but the principle bothers me.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

With Don’t Starve Together being Nominated for Labor Of Love (did they win?? I never found out)

No, they didn't. GTA V won. 

Which in my opinion is just super dumb.... Rockstar isn't listening to their community at all! 

Community: Hey that Oppressor is kind of annoying and it needs to be nerfed.

Rockstar: Ohhhh ok I got it makes sense! 

Rockstar: *ADDS OPPRESSOR MK2*

GTA V should not have won the Labor of love award. It's bogus.

10 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Plus, there is something with that idea that I have trouble making sense of. An object cannot changes form in a wardrobe. You change clothes that's alright. Your walking cane can't change from the ancient form to a candy cane. I mean yes it's just a game but the principle bothers me.

But you can change your haircut, beard, fur, skin color and other things in Wardrobe too, so that's not really an argument. It's just a cosmetic thing, so I don't understand why it should be a problem to give the players one more option to handle skins.

13 hours ago, Well-met said:

No. Just craft another.

This would be a very small feature. A new structure and a bit of coding (change skin code/number of object x to the selected skin).

I think we are forgetting the most important thing: your playing a game full of Science and more importantly Magic...

Magic, AKA ZATANNA and if you don’t know who that is, boy you must have never watched any of the old Batman stuff have you?

the Fastest way to learn who ZATANNA is would probably be playing Injustice Gods Amongst Us 1.. 

But to Summarize for those of you who are still lost- She’s one of Batman’s Love Interests and she can do some of the greatest magic in the known universe (she also mentors and keeps the Enchantress under control from destroying the Entire Planet in a Group called Justice League Dark... but that’s probably Spoilers for a potential Suicide Squad 2 movie.)

MAGIC is the key word in all of this- Sure changing the look of something in reality isn’t going work, but Presto-Change-o! And it Will work just fine in DST...

I think I rest my case here.

2 hours ago, Queron81 said:

you can change your haircut, beard, fur, skin color and other things

Wow it's like 1,2,3,4 or 5 things you can do! Oh wait you're only talking about character skins. This is something I can accept; how else could it be done. We're not talking about already existing items. And yes this wasn't an argument, I just expressed my preferences (with use of the word "personally" or when I said "the principle bothers me" are good indicators of a preference statement). If there is an argument  "against", in my previous comment, it is that this issue is not an issue and so devs should not spend any time on it.

But for anyone who's unconvinced, I can make it in an argument. Some stuff in the game bothers me a little or use to bother me. For example, let's contrast pig drops and merm drops. Pig drops are perfectly fine; the meat looks like pig meat and the pigskin is a pig ass. Now, look at merms: frog legs and fishes. Merms could carry fishes, it's an understandable stretch coming from Wurt's update okay. Frog legs, no, there's no reason why merms would have frogs legs on them. Ohhh ok, merms look like frogs, so frog meat is like merm meat. Alright, I understand why, but it bothers me. You can actually see that thingy happening everywhere in the game. I get it, Klei cannot make unique drops for everything. Crafting recipes would be too tedious and that would make even more useless items/resources; we don't need more of those. So yeah, changing the skin of your items is not completely farfetched in a DST framework because we already see dissonant phenomenons like this in drops and crafting recipes. Nevertheless, I think the less incongruences there is, the better. 

Just craft another one goddamnit, it's not hard.   >:P

18 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Where's the science? I can see magic yes. More science please.

I think the Science part was just Wilson starving for more knowledge.

But.. you do have to build things called Science Machines to craft a good majority of structures in the game, so the Science still Applies, But Magic.... man just Goggle ZATANNA she can take full control over your body and force you to do the Gangnam Dance.

Have you ever watched the Chronicles of Narnia??? There’s a whole freaking World inside that Wardrobe Cabinet, Kinda like well Uhh Wilson gets Sucked into his Actually.

It doesn’t have to always make Scientific sense, sometimes people just want something because it would be a fun QoL thing to have.

I for example bought the Willow DLC skins for her lighter and Bernie, But I don’t ever actually get to use them until I gather enough resources to craft a brand new Bernie.

If your not fully behind THIS Particular Idea then fine I have a Simpler Solution that by all means SHOULD be part of the game but isn’t.

There is A Belongings section in the menus to review over all the cool crap you’ve unlocked.. but tell my why, just that’s all you gotta do is tell me WHY I can’t simply toggle those items in that Menu and then when joining a world I’ll spawn in with those particular choices Pre-Choosen.

Instead of having to find Resources to Turn Bernie into Ashley I would then simply Spawn into the game WITH Ashley.

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That's me with the scythes for both pick-axe and batbat. I love the scythes over their default.

I wish Klei would update their game though... the skins can’t be used on the “Golden” Versions (Opulent?)

WHY -cries- Why can’t I use my Scythe skin on a Golden Pickaxe. :( 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wish Klei would update their game though... the skins can’t be used on the “Golden” Versions (Opulent?)

WHY -cries- Why can’t I use my Scythe skin on a Golden Pickaxe. :( 

Probably for the same reason skins for normal spears cannot be used on Wigfrid's golden spear. The flint tools would need to be part of the crafting recipe for opulent ones. We probably will get some skins for them someday.

Archived