Return of Them - Hook, Line and Inker + Winter's Feast now available

2 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Not to mention Klei is way better at divvying out skins than lots of other games like Paladins who only give skins to specific characters, while others are "completely" ignored for years. 

This is something that most MOBAs do, make skins for the popular characters, while the characters who don’t get played often get very little skins. Just look at League, Smite, or Dota 2.

Spoiler

You’ll get a skin one day Taliyah

Edited by 1bubbainpa
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Casul said:

First off that dumb hat is a godsend in spring and summer. Also pardon I meant the Feastclops. The event variant with the laser attacks. It drops a Christmas light

I will begin searching for this laser shooting beast later tonight, but as for the Deerclops eye and that dumb eyebrella hat: This is a 6 player game, designed for 6 players, that hat can only be used by ONE player, which will only lead to everyone arguing over who gets to have it.

(I play Ark Survival Evolved... people kite you and destroy everything you own when you have rare stuff they don’t have and can not get themselves..) 

I do just fine with my Umbrellas & Straw Hats.. Plus I don’t have to feel bad for being the only one in the session with one cause I can craft them for Everyone YaY!

Unless the Eye serves another Purpose besides creating that funny looking rain hat, I will always craft a Deerclops Statue for my Base with it.

But hey that’s just me, apparently to some of you guys it’s vitally important

-shrugs-

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I will begin searching for this laser shooting beast later tonight, but as for the Deerclops eye and that dumb eyebrella hat: This is a 6 player game, designed for 6 players, that hat can only be used by ONE player, which will only lead to everyone arguing over who gets to have it.

(I play Ark Survival Evolved... people kite you and destroy everything you own when you have rare stuff they don’t have and can not get themselves..) 

I do just fine with my Umbrellas & Straw Hats.. Plus I don’t have to feel bad for being the only one in the session with one cause I can craft them for Everyone YaY!

Unless the Eye serves another Purpose besides creating that funny looking rain hat, I will always craft a Deerclops Statue for my Base with it.

-shrugs-

I doubt you have 6 players in your world 24/7. Every post you comment about how quirky you are for regarding the eyebrella as trash. The eyebrella is hands down the best clothing item in the game besides the tam. If you make it to the next Winter, Deerclops will spawn again and you can craft another eyebrella :D or you can kill Klaus and rollback to keep opening his loot for another chance at an eye :cool2:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

51 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I doubt you have 6 players in your world 24/7. Every post you comment about how quirky you are for regarding the eyebrella as trash. The eyebrella is hands down the best clothing item in the game besides the tam. If you make it to the next Winter, Deerclops will spawn again and you can craft another eyebrella :D or you can kill Klaus and rollback to keep opening his loot for another chance at an eye :cool2:

Isn’t this just exploiting the game though? I play until I die fairly, (by fairly I don’t mean to random meteor strikes or ground collapsing when at low health)

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Isn’t this just exploiting the game though? I play until I die fairly, (by fairly I don’t mean to random meteor strikes or ground collapsing when at low health)

I'm not sure what you mean. How is playing the game... exploiting the game?

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

By your logic you would also be cheating by rolling back due to things that were supposed to harm or kill you,even if they depend on bad luck to do such things.

And how did you get killed by ''random'' meteors,they only fall in one biome(mostly the mosaic one) and they're also pretty easy to avoid.

Also the ground collapsing is not random,but i don't want to spoil you the fun.

Edited by Lammarr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lammarr said:

By your logic you would also be cheating by rolling back due to things that were supposed to harm or kill you,even if they depend on bad luck to do such things.

And how did you get killed by ''random'' meteors,they only fall in one biome(mostly the mosaic one) and they're also pretty easy to avoid.

Also the ground collapsing is not random,but i don't want to spoil you the fun.

Enemies can be like Abigail lagging miles away from you biting mid-air and their attacks still deal damage to you.

It is RARE that this happens, and most the time it’s during the game trying to save or something.. but it’s the price PS4 and Xbox One players have to pay.

THESE Types If deaths I consider unfair.. and WILL be Rolled back.

But If I’m low on Hp and decided to go Spelunking and a Flint Crushes my remaining health- That type of death was 100% fair and I deserved it. So no rollbacks will be Applied.

But ultimately it just depends on how YOU like to play the game, If I don’t get the drops I want from a Krampus Kill I’m not going to keep rolling the game back repeatedly until I get what I want.. that defeats the whole purpose of it having a % drop chance. And for me personally that’s cheating/exploiting the game.

• Like 1

I want to point out and ask a question. None of the 3 premium dlc characters Have got any skins post launch. Even Warly got a Halloween look. Why do the characters that cost more money or effort to unlock get no skins? I under stand that Wormwood takes more work to make a skin for. What about Wurt and Wortox? Something like a snow white Wortox could be nice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Enemies can be like Abigail lagging miles away from you biting mid-air and their attacks still deal damage to you.

It is RARE that this happens, and most the time it’s during the game trying to save or something.. but it’s the price PS4 and Xbox One players have to pay.

THESE Types If deaths I consider unfair.. and WILL be Rolled back.

But If I’m low on Hp and decided to go Spelunking and a Flint Crushes my remaining health- That type of death was 100% fair and I deserved it. So no rollbacks will be Applied.

But ultimately it just depends on how YOU like to play the game, If I don’t get the drops I want from a Krampus Kill I’m not going to keep rolling the game back repeatedly until I get what I want.. that defeats the whole purpose of it having a % drop chance. And for me personally that’s cheating/exploiting the game.

I mean, that was just an alternative. Deerclops drops the eye 100% of the time every winter. I was suggesting you wait, but if you somehow desperately needed six eyeballs you could cheese Klaus.

1 hour ago, Rma209 said:

I want to point out and ask a question. None of the 3 premium dlc characters Have got any skins post launch. Even Warly got a Halloween look. Why do the characters that cost more money or effort to unlock get no skins? I under stand that Wormwood takes more work to make a skin for. What about Wurt and Wortox? Something like a snow white Wortox could be nice.

That is an interesting point of view. Generally speaking the skins are chosen by the amount of resources we have vs how many skins we can get done and the characters that need it most. The newer characters fall outside of that a bit because they haven't had as much time to get new skins. 

Beyond that we wouldn't prioritize paid characters because I think some people might view that as us pushing paid characters too much. Although I had not really considered people feeling left out after having potentially paid for characters that get less skins.

We have definitely been watching the feedback today regarding skins and we'll take it into consideration in the future. Thanks everybody. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 15

12 minutes ago, Rma209 said:

Screenshot_1036.png.4f7da203b8f3b5e02923499833ad8926.png

Wortox did get a halloween skin.

I'm still pretty pissed off with the fact that we didn't get a Klaus skin for him tho.

Edited by Lammarr
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Screenshot_1036.png.4f7da203b8f3b5e02923499833ad8926.png

Wortox did get a halloween skin.

I'm still pretty pissed off with the fact that we didn't get a Klaus skin for him tho.

Oh yeah. Guess that sliped my mind. Also lets not for get Maxwell's krampus costume. 

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

That is an interesting point of view. Generally speaking the skins are chosen by the amount of resources we have vs how many skins we can get done and the characters that need it most. The newer characters fall outside of that a bit because they haven't had as much time to get new skins. 

Beyond that we wouldn't prioritize paid characters because I think some people might view that as us pushing paid characters too much. Although I had not really considered people feeling left out after having potentially paid for characters that get less skins.

We have definitely seen been watching the feedback today regarding skins and we'll take it into consideration in the future. Thanks everybody. 

Whatever you do, please keep up the amazing WX-78 skins!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is another use for the eye.  Its not too important though as you can either wait another year for a second eye, or use a deconstruction staff on the eyebrella to get it back.

Also - I'm with you.  The hat is great, and since I typically play solo I use it.  However I will readily give it up if I'm not playing solo.  Umbrella and a pig hat are fine protection.  If you need to fight you can get a little wet while you use a weapon.  You don't -need- a 100% rain proof hat.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Santosario said:

And to rub salt in the wound we get two new Maxwell, Winona and Wx skins in a row. I know Klei is doing their best and maybe the selected characters sell more skins but poor Wormwood needs a little bit of love too

Winona's swimming in Skins lately, she got 3 in a row: Hallowed nights, Contender and Merrymaker. She was the last character I expected a skin this time due to being on the last two but here we go, they pulled a Verdant collection cast on us. Looks like they are enjoying coming up with nice skins for her and honestly I love it. I wonder why these weren't just Snowfallen collection part 2 but instead called Merrymaker, do they plan to make separate ice theme and holiday season theme skins for our survivors?

Also is this an indication that we'll get 6 new skins for the Snowfallen cast on the Year of the Carrat event, which will be called something like Grounded /Green thumb / Earthly collection rather than Verdant part 2? So many mysteries... But I do hope the newcomers get to catch up with the others through at least some new skins. I was so happy to see Warly and Wortox get new skins for Hollowed nights (even despite that horrendous lolipop). Something like contender skins for Wurt, Wormwood and Warly would be dope.

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

. Something like contender skins for Wurt, Wormwood and Warly would be dope.

There wrestling skins could be called "The Newcomers" or something as a cute reference to them joining the group. I think each wrestling group should have a team name just to be cute.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

We have definitely been watching the feedback today regarding skins and we'll take it into consideration in the future. Thanks everybody. 

All will be forgiven as long as Wormwood gets that Totally Normal Tree skin for next years Hallowed Nights ;) 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

Has anyone found out what the ginger pigs do? I really wanted to know for the longest time and I pray you don't just murder them as the concept.

You either track them down,slaughter them, and pillage their homes or watch one be viciously ripped apart by a Ginger Varg

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have yet to be able to play since updating, but to the best of my knowledge Deerclops only drops its eyeball when it dies- Which can be used to build a completely ugly umbrella hat, or a pretty cool looking Deerclops Trophy.

Deerclops only LOOKS big and intimidating as far as being an Actual threatening boss fight he’s honestly kinda disappointing to be honest.. he even losses interest in you and wanders off to fight something else.

You can also exploit the Deerclops by retreating to a boat out on sea, it can’t reach you and refuses to swim across the water Godzilla style to get to you.. Maybe they should patch that?

Also. That eye can be made into a Towe Of Sauron(heh jokes) sentry

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

-shrugs-

First off the reason there is 1 of them is the reason people risk themselves for it. Second off I have never seen someone fight over it. And third off it gives lightning protection. So not only does it make 2 seasons a complete joke but it makes 2 bosses a joke too. Mosling egg hammering/lightning spam and Mal splashing. An eyebrella and an umbrella combine while swapping off to a whirl fan is enough to keep you alive the first 4 days and the last 4 days of summer.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Casul said:

First off the reason, there is 1 of them is the reason people risk themselves for it. Second off, I have never seen someone fight over it. And third off, it gives lightning protection. So not only does it make 2 seasons a complete joke but it makes 2 bosses a joke too. Modeling egg hammering/lightning spam and Mal splashing. An eyebrella and an umbrella combine while swapping off to a whirling fan is enough to keep you alive the first 4 days and the last 4 days of summer.

I agree with this completely. 

Now why in the JoeW would you make a statue? That's like using the Dragonfly Scales to make 8 floorings. Sure it looks cool (Serves Some Purpose) But it is POINTLESS early game. Just make a Scaled Furnace! Just like how you should make an Eyebrella. 

Now the fighting thing, sure maybe someone will, but the same principle goes with every good 1 item. Give it to the host. Whether it be Krampus Sack, Scaled Furnace Blueprint, or Eyebrella. They are the host, they have had the world the longest. Give it to them.

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

There is another use for the eye.  Its not too important though as you can either wait another year for a second eye, or use a deconstruction staff on the eyebrella to get it back.

Also - I'm with you.  The hat is great, and since I typically play solo I use it.  However I will readily give it up if I'm not playing solo.  Umbrella and a pig hat are fine protection.  If you need to fight you can get a little wet while you use a weapon.  You don't -need- a 100% rain proof hat.

I like how you say "Funny Looking Hat" Like everything in the game isn't funny looking? It is super useful for the first spring, early/late summer

• Haha 1