Interesting, Lore Intensive Character Quotes:

Here is something to start out with: 

Interesting Willow quotes....

Willows quotes for a compass, the west has the dots after it while the rest have exclamation points.....

N- "North"

S- "South!"

E- "East!"

W- "West...."

Siesta Lean-toSiesta Lean-to- "They taught us how to make these in Girl Scouts."

Willow was in the Girl Scouts?

Moon Glass AxeMoon Glass Axe- "The moon HATES trees."

Interesting... Maybe just talking about how good the ax is, or maybe the Moon does hate the trees.

Florid PosternFlorid Postern- "The vines coil away from my lighter... weird!"

Interesting.....

She Also hates rocks....

Celestial Portal BuildCelestial Portal- "It's made of some kind of jerk rock I can't burn."

Moon RockMoon Rock- "Just another rock to me."

RocksRocks- "What's the point of collecting these again?"

BoulderBoulder and Meteor- "It's, like, a rock."

Magma Rock 1Magma Rock 2Magma Rock 3Magma Rock 4Magma Rock 5Magma Rock 6Magma Rock 7Rock- "Oh great, another stinkin' rock!"

Sea StackSea Stack- "It's just a big boring sea rock."

Cave-in BoulderCave-in Boulder- "Let's just smash it up."

Willow really hates rocks...... This isn't lore intensive, I just though it was funny :)

Interesting Willow! Afterlife intercom???

Ancient Pseudoscience StationAncient Pseudoscience Station- "Oooo! An afterlife intercom."

That's most of the interesting Willow quotes, I will find more interesting character quotes later

30 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Willow really hates rocks...... This isn't lore intensive, I just though it was funny :)

Simple: rocks are fireproof.

31 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

That's rather confusing, the need loremaster to figure out wtf that means and if Willow is right.

Since we're talking about willow, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about another character at the moment for lore quotes, but interesting fact is that a while ago, @YouKnowWho made a thing talking about how wurt got some new quotes about the gorge just the like other dlc characters two of them being this... QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_CATHEDRAL = "Mermfolk have story passed down... about mouth in the sky..."   

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_ROOF = "Was there fight? Look like Goatfolk lose."

It seems from these quotes I can predict is that when the merms were transformed they went through generations and generations of merms for so long, they eventually forgot their own history and eventually just only kept stories and ideas to keep their origin in check and to resolve their history forgetting who they once were when  and wherever they started(sort of like humanity)It's still hard to tell whether Wurt came from the merms but interesting enough, Wurt was able to tell that the goat people were losing just by looking and all the panic and destruction going on around the town. She doesn't question the sentence "look like goat folk lose." She ends it with a period, like she knows the end game already and what happens when they "lose" so maybe wurt isn't a goat, and came from an older generation of older former merms.

(Sorry for the long post, I just love to talk about the ingame lore)

12 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

snip

Additionally, Sammy is starting to lose his mind, or at least his memory. ("Thoughts don't come to me like they used to." His quotes are kinda sad)

Pipton also comments on it: "Sammy's facilities are slipping, but you didn't hear it from me."

I bet that's why Wurt didn't hear much about the Gnaw.

Yes! You guys can post about any other character you want :)

I just started with Willow!

On 12/1/2019 at 3:43 AM, Desblat said:

That's rather confusing, the need loremaster to figure out wtf that means and if Willow is right.

I thought so too! It is a really interesting quote. It could be Willow just talking nonsense, but hey you know how Klei rolls \__("/)__/

On 01.12.2019 at 12:17 PM, GetRektKids said:

Willows quotes for a compass, the west has the dots after it while the rest have exclamation points.....

N- "North"

S- "South!"

E- "East!"

W- "West...."

Maybe she's just a fan of "Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack"?

More Quotes I Found! (They aren't that interesting......)

Wilson:

WardrobeWardrobe- "It holds dark, forbidden secrets..."

Wilson says that the suit is light.

Thulecite SuitThulecite Suit- "It's oddly light."

Then says the club has some heft to it.... Could just be the how much Thulecite there is, or the damage. Idk thought it was interesting.

Thulecite ClubThulecite Club- "It has quite a heft to it."

I know this one is pretty known, but Ima' put it here still ;)

Ancient MuralAncient Mural (fourth)- "The people are shedding their skins. They look different underneath.

Hence nightmare creaturessss!!! (At least the community thinks so.....) 

WIlson doesnt really have intresting quotes. I looked through almost all of them, and this is what I came up with.

Alright! So! I found some interesting character quotes based around the moon. 

Wolfgang:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Moon is shy in cave!"

Moon Rock IdolMoon Rock Idol- "Hehe. Is funny little moon man."     ----> Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Is too scary in here for funny man to work."

Wickerbottom: 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "It needs a lunar influence."

Webber: 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Doesn't work. We probably need to see the moon or something."

Wigfrid:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Mani cannöt see us here.":In mythology, a lunar deity is a God or Goddess associated with or symbolizing the Moon. Mani was the God/Goddess of the moon.

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "Needs the gaze öf Mani tö wörk."

Maxwell: 

Moon StoneMoon Stone (broken)- "Ruins of an ancient relic."

IS THIS A SEPERATE THEORY!!! DID THE ANCIENTS TOY WITH THE MOON TO??? IS THAT WHY THEY MOVED DOWN  THERE????

Moon StoneMoon Stone (repaired)- "I had thought these were all destroyed eons ago." DESTROYED BY WHO??? ANCIENTS???

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "The cave provides sanctuary from the 'moon's' prying eyes."

Woodie:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "We're free from the moon's reach down here."

WX-78: 

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "THE MOON CAN'T SEE US HERE"

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "ERROR: LOGIN REQUIRES MOON VISIBILITY"

Wendy:

Moon DialMoon Dial (in Caves)- "Caves. The moon's one weakness.": This one is the most interesting out of all of them. Wendy doesn't say this SEEMS to be the Moon's one weakness, or this MAY be the Moon's one weakness. She is very bleak and to the point. "The Moon's one weakness." Wendy is known for her depressing, but true and straight to the point. 

Can't build Celestial Portal (in Caves)- "I can't... not in here."

It looks like the moon does NOT like the caves. It seems that the Moon and you need a direct line of sight with the Moon otherwise it's ineffective, and with the Wolfgang quote..... That one is a bit messy..... because he does refer to himself as "Funny Man" quite a bit, but these two quotes just tie in TOO well. But yes, the developers were planning on adding in the working moondial in caves, until the new turn of tides...... I wonder why...... 

Is it possible that the Ancients moved underground because of the Moon?  The Moon does promise protection.....

Wendy:

Moon Rock Wall BuildMoon Rock Wall- "The moon... she whispers promises of protection to me."

This does kind of fight my previous argument with Wolfgang because Wendy calls the Moon a She, while Wolfgang says Funny Man (To be fair Wolfgang is like REALLY stoopid, and he could just be being a stoopid head) 

BACK TO THE ANCIENTS POINT: So yes they do "Promise Protection" but I'm assuming the Moon is protecting everyone from nightmare creatures. BUT before the Ancients went underground there were no "Nightmares" (THANKS ANCIENTS) So I think the Moon was a bit mean to the ancients forcing them underground. (The moon is shown to be a meanie head on Lunar Island) 

IMAGE BELOW:

image.thumb.png.840f80ed9e548042a1de0fd739b760a7.png

So! That's my theory on the moon early back in the day before Maxwell RULED the world. (QUE IN FALLEN KINGDOM/VIVA LA VIDA)

Now an individual did tell me that I'm reading to much into the character quotes, and this honestly REALLY isn't false. But the characters have been right on many things in the past. Maxwell literally ruled over the world. So I understand that some or all of the quotes can be false. But then again, that's the point of a theory. To prove it right or wrong. A theory isn't a fact. It's a logical guess based on the information you have. Yes, maybe I am grabbing at straws but oh well

Another individual asked me to change the black highlight, and I got you ;)

I am currently looking for things that connect Ancients to the moon right now :D

I could be VERY wrong about this, and if you tried..... You could PROBABLY find holes in my theory, but all I have to say is...

\__("/)__/

53 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Moon StoneMoon Stone (broken)- "Ruins of an ancient relic." IS THIS A SEPERATE THEORY!!! DID THE ANCIENTS TOY WITH THE MOON TO??? IS THAT WHY THEY MOVED DOWN  THERE????

Moon StoneMoon Stone (repaired)- "I had thought these were all destroyed eons ago." DESTROYED BY WHO??? ANCIENTS???

I'm pretty sure Maxwell is just using the word "ancient" literally, not as in the ancient race from the ruins.

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I'm pretty sure Maxwell is just using the word "ancient" literally, not as in the ancient race from the ruins.

yes, I know that, but an "Ancient Relic" is normally something from a previous civilization. And what other civilization do we know about in DST???? Ancients and the humans that are currently there and he says eons

Eons: a unit of time equal to a billion years

I don't think they have been there a billion years.... (The survivors)

Also,Wigfrid says something about it falling from the sky, but it had to be made into an item you can use. Why would it fall from the sky like that? A bit weird right? But again Wigfrid could just be spouting nonsense\

ALSO ALSO It shows in one of the images the Ancients going from the surface to the underground. (So, therefore, they were on the surface for at least a little bit (Or longer)

This is also a little fun fact thingy:

This was already said by Zeklo, and people probably know about it. But I still want to add a few things. 

Thulecite: Thulecite is a mineral in Don't Starve Together found below in the ruins. Searching for a little while, Zeklo found out that when Wickerbottom inspects Thulecite she says it has similarities to Ziosite which searching up Ziosite it says it's spelled Zoisite. Looking through the page about it, it says there is a certain type of Zoisite called Thulite. Interesting right?

Wickerbottom: 

ThuleciteThulecite- "This seems to be an interesting, ectoplasmic residue-bearing variety of ziosite."

I search up the strength of Zoisite and it came up as a 6.5/10 on the hardness scale at the most. Steel is a 4.5/10 at the most. So! Thulecite is pretty strong eh? 

Picture of Zoisite (Thulite):

Intersecting Zoisite Crystals

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Tidbits Of Info: (I will update this slowly over time once I have free time to spare.)

Wickerbottom:

MagiluminescenceMagiluminescence- "This amulet is glowing at the mid 530 nanometer wavelength.":

Color (nm) (THz)
Yellow 580 517
Green 530 566
Cyan 500 600
Blue 470 638

Green Huh??? 

Wickerbottom:

Moon DialMoon Dial (generic)- "Something very odd is going on here.": Bit wierd how she calls it out... Not really interesting, just a bit weird

Statue Moon MarbleStatue Moon StoneStatue Moon Moonglass"Moon" Figure- "The missing chunk is a recent development.": I'm assuming this development being a piece of the moon hitting the ocean?

Moon StoneMoon Stone (broken)- "Ancient debris. Perhaps it can be restored?": Ancient as in other possible civilization? Maybe the ACTUAL Ancients?

Moonrock WerepigSuspicious Moonrock (Werepig)- "Lunar light catalyzes a strange reaction in its skin.": The Moon has the power to do this, so why don't they? Did the Moon start to do it to the ancients? Is that why they went underground?

14 hours ago, -Variant said:

Okay, I hate to be that person, but could you clear the formatting and bolden the quotes?
You don't have to, but the sudden reverse of colors is messing with me. Thanks!

No problem! I will fix it when I get on a computer :)

I will probably italicize and underline the quotes ;)

I don't like typing on mobile >:(

On 12/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, -Variant said:

Okay, I hate to be that person, but could you clear the formatting and bolden the quotes?
You don't have to, but the sudden reverse of colors is messing with me. Thanks!

Got it! 

I removed the black highlighter on all the quotes, underlined, italicized them, and bolded them. ;)

Btw love the profile picture sure is Helluva cool!

On 12/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, GenomeSquirrel said:

Willow also doesn’t talk about burn living logs unlike everyone else and very unusual for her

I looked through the quotes on living logs and I only saw one about inspecting it, not burning it :( 

If possible, I would love if you could find it!

On 12/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, GetRektKids said:

ThuleciteThulecite- "This seems to be an interesting, ectoplasmic residue-bearing variety of ziosite."

I search up the strength of Zoisite and it came up as a 6.5/10 on the hardness scale at the most. Steel is a 4.5/10 at the most. So! Thulecite is pretty strong eh?

Don't misinterpret the Mohs hardness scale. It refers to the material's resistance to being scratched, not resistance to breakage. Diamonds are practically impossible to scratch, but they can break much more easily than popular culture lets on.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, GetRektKids said:

MagiluminescenceMagiluminescence- "This amulet is glowing at the mid 530 nanometer wavelength.":

Color (nm) (THz)
Yellow 580 517
Green 530 566
Cyan 500 600
Blue 470 638

Green Huh???

That's not really a contradiction to me. The light it emits doesn't necessarily have to match the color of the gemstone.

That said, she's wrong. The amulet's glow, according to the code[1], is hex code DFD045, decidedly a yellow color with barely any green.

[1]Relevant section of code below.

Spoiler

local function yellowlightfn()
    local inst = CreateEntity()

inst.entity:AddTransform()
    inst.entity:AddLight()
    inst.entity:AddNetwork()

inst:AddTag("FX")

inst.Light:SetRadius(2)
    inst.Light:SetFalloff(.7)
    inst.Light:SetIntensity(.65)
    inst.Light:SetColour(223 / 255, 208 / 255, 69 / 255) -- THIS IS THE RELEVANT LINE

inst.entity:SetPristine()

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end

inst.persists = false

return inst
end

9 hours ago, engiSonic said:

That said, she's wrong. The amulet's glow, according to the code[1], is hex code DFD045, decidedly a yellow color with barely any green.

[1]Relevant section of code below.

Reveal hidden contents

local function yellowlightfn()
    local inst = CreateEntity()

inst.entity:AddTransform()
    inst.entity:AddLight()
    inst.entity:AddNetwork()

inst:AddTag("FX")

inst.Light:SetRadius(2)
    inst.Light:SetFalloff(.7)
    inst.Light:SetIntensity(.65)
    inst.Light:SetColour(223 / 255, 208 / 255, 69 / 255) -- THIS IS THE RELEVANT LINE

inst.entity:SetPristine()

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end

inst.persists = false

return inst
end

r/doubt

Lol jk

No but seriously, it's just a bit weird because Wickerbottom will say when she doesn't know something, she will straight up admit when she doesn't have the awnser. But she straight up just says the wavelength. Obviously it flows yellow based on the game, and the files. But hey, thought it was interesting 

\__("/)__/

Okay my takes on some of this...

The "West..."  Since I just mentioned Doctor Who in another thread, I gotta do this:  "LOTS of planets have a west!"  ;)

--The vines on the Celestial Portal flinch away from Willow's lighter the same way you can't actually burn the "spider friend" hiding under the Stagehand's table--they're sentient.  

--Maybe Willow WAS in the Girl Scouts.  Definitely _before_ she was in that awful orphange.

--Afterlife intercom?  Is that anything like the Necrotelecomnicon--the Phone Book of the Dead? 

--Perhaps the Moon and the Sun are having a bit of a snit, as with various mythologies where they don't get along.  One thing that leapt into my mind was that story of Amaterasu hiding in a cave for a long time so the earth had no sun, but that's the opposite of this--the MOON _not_ liking the caves--not the sun deity going in there on purpose.  : P 

--"Eons" was probably meant metaphorically, not literally.  A very very long time.  AGES... (Also everyone should watch PBS Eons on YouTube.  It's an awesome show.)

--I dunno about the exact HTML/hex code for the colour of Zoicite, but I _do_ know that he/she made a decent Sailor Moon villian.  ;)  (Okay yes actually a he.  I had to get a dig in about that MANGLED DiC dub in there somewhere...)

--Chalie is TOTALLY the one dressing you with shadows whenever you put on a new outfit, the perv.  ;) That, or she secretly has a whole crew of shadow-things working for her, because she can't be bothered to be everywhere at once.   I came up with this theory semi-jokingly the first time I played AS Charlie, with a mod...and saw hands (pointlessly, since I WAS The Night at that time) trying to put out my fire anyway!

Spoiler

whosehandsarethose.png.ce5e68dcaf084ecf5fd88bd94edd8d22.png

(actual filename of this picture:  "whosehandsarethose.png")

...because of COURSE they did, it's still part of the game code.  However, it's much more fun to think in-universely, so I was like "Bob?  Bob the intern?  Is that you?  I've TOLD you about this kind of thing, Bob!" so Bob the Intern became a personal running gag.  XD

--Back to a more serious note, ever have Walani look at a pine tree?  Yeah, she's not CANONLY in Together (yet?) but she says something like "Ugh.  Reminds me of winter."  So, we can conclude that she did not ALWAYS live in a tropical paradise.  At some point she lived somewhere temperate, or even coldish.  (Which is why in my March of Civilization thing, I had bits like "Look, Walani, a pineapple bush!  THAT oughta feel like home!"  "You ain't foolin' me.  It's still gonna freakin' snow.")

I of course can think of others, but that's what popped into my brain-dead head right now.  : P

...Notorious

Archived