Interesting, Lore Intensive Character Quotes:

There are only a few lore quotes in the game that peak my interest- all of which make absolutely no sense and I’d love an actual explanation for. They are-

Maxwell Examining Red Bird- “They come from the Firelands!” 

Does this mean that there’s some land Biome out there full of intense heat and fire that we have yet to discover that these birds migrate from?

Maxwell Examining Tallbird- “These were a failed experiment” 

So somewhere out there (again a creature we have probably yet to discover) is the not-so-failed version Maxwell created and probably forgot about?

Maxwell Examining Codex Umbra- “I’m So sorry Charlie..” 

This implies that he wasn’t always a madman, he probably cared for and possibly even loved Charlie- Which is further questioned in some of his other quotes like “She remembered this is my favorite.” But what it doesn’t explain is What exactly Happened to Charlie..?? Maxwell was the one running the Nightmare Throne So were Exactly does Charlie even come involved?

Someone said that Charlie was the Grue (Aka the dark that kills you at night) But If that is the case.. how can she be Both the Grue and the Nightmare Throne Occupant? Maxwell only ran the Nightmare throne in the Original DS game... and it is Implied that CHARLIE has always been the thing that kills you in total darkness.

Wendy Examining Maxwell Statue- “Did it go as you had planned?” 

What does this even mean..?? Is Wendy Related to Maxwell and knew all along his plans to abduct people and suck them into the constant?

Wendy After using Celestial Portal- .. “A-Abigail???” 

Okay so what the **** just actually happened here? Did I decide after 100+ days of living to suddenly kill myself and let Wormwood takeover, why does she act as if she’s seeing or not seeing Abigail anymore?? Did I escape back to the real world??

WTF MAN?!

this games quotes only raise 1000 more questions then it gives us answers honestly.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is Wendy Related to Maxwell and knew all along his plans to abduct people and suck them into the constant?

Well she does say "I feel a strange kinship with him" or something like that when examining maxwell and in the william carter puzzles maxwell brother (or at least related to maxwell) Jack Carter sent him a letter and he said:

William,
You've finally come to America! How exciting! Has your show taken New York by storm yet? I fear we may have just missed each other - the city was too much for me, so I've gone west - It really is amazing out here - maybe you could visit sometime?
Have you corresponded with mother lately? The post is dreadfully inconsistent out here, I can't believe she hasn't met the twins yet!
Warmest regards,
-Jack

So most likely maxwell is her uncle.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Okay my takes on some of this...

--"Eons" was probably meant metaphorically, not literally.  A very very long time.  AGES... (Also everyone should watch PBS Eons on YouTube.  It's an awesome show.)

...Notorious

Alright! This quote is the only one that I truly squiggle over.

Maxwell NEVER exaggerates.... Like at all. Maxwell is always very straight forward with his answers.

Maxwell doesn't really kid around. I mean he did rule over the world (Que in Fallen Kingdom/Viva La Vida) So when he says "eons" I really think he means it. 

All Right! I composed an entire section in the spoiler below of character quotes that come from the portal when you despawn. All of them are pretty interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wilson:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I can see the light!"

Willow:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "A burning light!"

Wolfgang:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Wolfgang is scared!"

Wendy:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Abigail?"

WX-78:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I SEE THE BLUE SCREEN!"

Wickerbottom:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I've never read anything describing this!"

Woodie:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "This feels strangely familiar..."

Wes: *WES MOVEMENTS*

Maxwell:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Say, pal, I don't look so good..."

Webber:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Everything's getting fuzzy!"

Wigfrid:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "'Tis the lights of Valhalla?"

Winona:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Good thing I got all my affairs in order."

Warly:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I'm going to the kitchen in the sky."

Wormwood:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Don't want to go!"

Wortox:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Hyuyu, fare thee well!"

Wurt:???? No Character Quotes...

Alright! SO MY SPOILER IS BROKEN! 

I'm not fixing that...

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5b2363c727fc0_Nightmarethroneilluminatesthepast.thumb.png.63edc6b928f7354de5b77464a1ead04e.png

I bet the throne can let others feel the pain of past sitters?

image.png.6ea342257a7972e7fb0d39d4e7d54d5b.png

Lol it looks like Wilson is taking a nap :D

Jokes aside though, it is possible. He did rule over the world, and so did Wilson (For A Short Amount Of Time)

So who knows maybe they did!

But one of Maxwells quotes is:

Relic ChairRelic TableRelic VaseRelic PlateRelic BowlRelic ChipbowlRelic- "They were all dead when I got here."

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

@KrisRF~ You might want to fix that.:wilson_sneaky:

Wierd! I checked it and all it pulled up was the wiki page, it took like 5 re-clicks to pull up the quotes. Maybe it's a bug 

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

More like empathy than knowledge(ironic enough).

*SAD WILSON NOISES* 

Naww but seriously that is an interesting theory, I'm going to have to check up through the character quotes on Wilson (Maybe Maxwell) And see if there are ANY hints leading to it.

20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy After using Celestial Portal- .. “A-Abigail???” 

Okay so what the **** just actually happened here? Did I decide after 100+ days of living to suddenly kill myself and let Wormwood takeover, why does she act as if she’s seeing or not seeing Abigail anymore?? Did I escape back to the real world??

WTF MAN?!

You didn’t escape, but everyone seems to experience the portal as death. Many of them talk about ‘the light’, with Wigfrid even calling it ‘the lights öf Valhalla’, and WX-78 calls it the ‘blue screen’ (in reference to the blue screen of death)

Winona says she’s ‘glad she has her affairs in order.’

Warly says he’s ‘going to the kitchen in the sky’, which is hilarious IMO.

Interestingly, Woodie says it ‘feels strangely familiar.’, which is one of the most peculiar lore quotes.

5 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

Interestingly, Woodie says it ‘feels strangely familiar.’, which is one of the most peculiar lore quotes.

Perhaps he's referring to the light after death? I mean,his clockwork bishop examination quote implies that he is/was christian.

Screenshot_1011.png.3b3f3492f141ede6eccdfdf40a7d26df.png

21 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Perhaps he's referring to the light after death? I mean,his clockwork bishop examination quote implies that he is/was christian.

Screenshot_1011.png.3b3f3492f141ede6eccdfdf40a7d26df.png

Wilson:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I can see the light!"

Willow:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "A burning light!"

Wolfgang:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Wolfgang is scared!"

Wendy:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Abigail?"

WX-78:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I SEE THE BLUE SCREEN!"

Wickerbottom:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I've never read anything describing this!"

Woodie:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "This feels strangely familiar..."

Wes: *WES MOVEMENTS*

Maxwell:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Say, pal, I don't look so good..."

Webber:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Everything's getting fuzzy!"

Wigfrid:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "'Tis the lights of Valhalla?"

Winona:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Good thing I got all my affairs in order."

Warly:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "I'm going to the kitchen in the sky."

Wormwood:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Don't want to go!"

Wortox:

Despawning (Celestial Portal)- "Hyuyu, fare thee well!"

;D

Has anyone ever beaten Ark Survival Evolved? At the end of that game you and everything you own dies.. it’s one of the biggest FU Moments in video gaming history.. This Celestial Portal to me just sounds like a Less Harsh Version of that- 

I say Less Harsh because I’m Ark it takes 14 real life human days to raise a Giga and they used to want to be loved and cared for every 2 hours (now it’s 8 hours but still) Anyone who plays ark can tell you it’s almost like raising a real child.

I’m not fully understanding why anyone would want to “kill” there DST character after they have lived for so long.. but Eh Apparently some people love the thing.

I DID have an Interesting Theory about the Trade Inn Keeper though- he looks like a Beefalo, look at him closely.. his beady white eyes that stare at you, the furry coat, he even has the Beefalo Nose in his outfit!

So... is it Possible that Beefalo are not Beefalo at all, and instead are People just like the Trade Inn Keeper but hiding out in fields disguised as Beefalo?

Yeah that would also mean they go into Mating season and poop anywhere they want.. but, you can’t deny how closely he resembles a Beefalo.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I DID have an Interesting Theory about the Trade Inn Keeper though- he looks like a Beefalo, look at him closely.. his beady white eyes that stare at you, the furry coat, he even has the Beefalo Nose in his outfit!

So... is it Possible that Beefalo are not Beefalo at all, and instead are People just like the Trade Inn Keeper but hiding out in fields disguised as Beefalo?

Yeah that would also mean they go into Mating season and poop anywhere they want.. but, you can’t deny how closely he resembles a Beefalo.

If this theory is true...

This only gives me one more reason to murder them all and make meaty stew out of them.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I like to see him as a sort of Beefalo whisperer, "he's one with the herd!"

(He himself would also make for a fun character, since nobody really bothers taming beefalo. at all. From my experiences in public pubs, anyways)

Archived