Refuelable Lazy Explorer

Refuelable Lazy Explorer  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lazy Explorer be refuelable?

N-no... We have Wortox in the game and if this item can be refuelable (which kinda mean : unlimited uses), you will have nearly no reason to play as him since nightmare fuel is one of the most common resource to farm on the game. And for real that's... broken

For comparison :

- Wortox can store only 20 souls in his inventory while nightmare fuel is already very used in the game (Magiluminescence / Bone Armor...), so you have reasons to have at least one stack on you.

Just like most of resources, they are stackable by 40, so you can have 320 units in a default backpack, if like the Magiluminescence you can refuel it for ~37%... And that the Lazy Explorer consume only 5% per use... You'd be able to Telepoof 296 time with just a stack.

That's not the only thing about it, the staff animation is way shorter than Wortox using a soul and the distance to use it is also nearly the same, so yeah you'd be able to travel to the other side of the map in a snap for nothing, using sanity for the staff is also not a downside to be honest, that's more nightmare fuel for you.

So I don't see any way to make this properly fair, even if you reduce the staff durability, that's one more way to remove utility for Orange Gems and visiting these Walrus during winter, that's all you have to do for building a Lazy Explorer.

lazy explorer drains sanity and  its pretty hard to make, the fact you cant even use it as normal walking cane after draining it all makes item useless,

and wortox can gather soul easier than stacking nightmare fuel

devs could make it consumes like 5 fuel for one telepoof so whatever

i think it should be buff

I agree that it needs to be buffed in one way or another. Even though I'm mostly ok with lazy explorer for what it is, right now I feel like it's only used for:

Saving time teleporting to/from the Atrium (depending on the world gen if atrium generated close-by)

Fighting the Fuelweaver (very important, especially since the edge strat was removed)

Perhaps for escaping from a pinch (pretty rare, but still something to consider)

And the worst one of all: misclicks. Typically not a problem for me, but it does make you apply more brain power so you don't accidently do it.

It's supposed to be a convenience item and yet I always feel bad about using it.

Another bad thing about lazy explorer is that it does the same damage as a fist (10), despite being made out of a walking cane, which does 17. Doesn't make much sense from that standpoint.

I would say in solo version : yes it could be awesome. 

In together version : as orange gem are less hard to get ( dragon fly + ruin reset )  and you don't know what to do with walrus tusk. I don't really see why adding this function 

I voted yes and I meant to vote no :?  My misclick powers are tingling.

Anyway, eventually Walrus tusks begin to stockpile, same as orange gems. I Just consume the teleports sparingly, like a poor man's Wortox, and make new lazy explorers once a year or so.

The only bad thing about this item are the misclick teleports (and as you can see I do missclick often), on average I use about 40% of my lazy explorers durability teleporting one inch away while I'm building stuff. I'd like to see a way to prevent that, instead of making it refuelable.

4 hours ago, landromat said:

Let us refuel lazy forager. explorer is fine

This. Lazy foragers feels too expensive for how little uses it has, also collecting items from the ground, specially late game, is the most boring grindy task you end up doing. Even if refueling it is expensive (eg, you restore 5% of durability with each nightmare fuel), I think everyone would still use it more.

I think that the Lazy Explorer is fine as is. While refueling it might be neat, the way the tool works now is fine. It gives you 20 teleports which can be used for a verity of situations such as cutting exploration time and dodging but the limit allows it to be balenced. The ability is so good that they made a entire character gimmick out of it.  The ability to teleport is a great one, and thus not being able to refuel it and having to mass create them is the game's way of balencing the item.

Since the Lazy Explorer is very underwhelming in the current state, some sort of buff would be good.

1 use per Nightmare Fuel sounds fair, and 10 uses per Orange Gem since you need 2 to craft and it starts with 20 uses.

And no it would not make Wortox any less viable since souls are far easier to get and the Lazy Explorer is pretty much a late game item.

But refuelable lazy explorers will turn the lategame into diablo 2, where the only lategame meta was to get the "enigma armor" that gives everyone unlimited teleports, and basically nobody walks anymore. Nightmare fuel stockpíles in the lategame, you could teleport much more than Wortox with that.
NF is so cheap and easy to stack, that even a Wortox player would end up using the explorer to teleports, and maybe his souls just for healing. It would turn the balance of the game really weird, and would make buying/weaving Wortox a debatable choice. I think it's fair for the balance and specially for Klei, that Wortox remains the only way to mass teleport around. 

Also rich lategame players can also make a ton of lazy explorers, and can teleport quite often anyway as it is. 

8 hours ago, ADM said:

you will have nearly no reason to play as him since nightmare fuel is one of the most common resource to farm on the game. And for real that's... broken

How about we make wortox actually good? since he's already replaced by the lazy explorer, since teleportation is about as useful that wortox is already replaced by him.

He only works with multiple people, enough said

Oh well. I meant to vote for "No", misread it as "Lazy Forager".
Lazy explorer is fine for what it is (providing teleportation which is a game changer), after all this is the main reason why you should collect orange gems. 
Can we get a buff for Lazy Forager to be refuelable though? It's currently very underwhelming.

It must can be refueblable by only gems. For example you have one empty 0% Lazy explorer or any staff/amulet. For example, for staves for refuelability by one gem is 50%, and for amulets is 75%. it is leveling usefullness of all staves and amulets. We don't need nightmare fuel (because of it easy to farm) and it leveling Wortox skill to Lazy explorer, because of collecting souls easely than orange gems.

In other words, we have Lazy explorer like walking cane with empty gem, but we can spend orange gems for refuel staf. For other staves and amulets it is same thing.

Ack, I answered yes thinking this was about the lazy forager.

NO! The lazy explorer is a great tool for use in emergencies. If it was refuelable people would bring stacks of fuel and just jump everywhere. Killing Dfly once for a new explorer is easy enough. Why does everyone want the game to be so trivial?

On 11/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, Charesque said:

Oh well. I meant to vote for "No", misread it as "Lazy Forager".
Lazy explorer is fine for what it is (providing teleportation which is a game changer), after all this is the main reason why you should collect orange gems. 
Can we get a buff for Lazy Forager to be refuelable though? It's currently very underwhelming.

same... I'm thought it was Lazy Forager - which should be refuelable so I don't feel bad using it.  If your Lazy Explorer runs out just craft a new one.  Teleporting is a priviledge, not a right!

On 11/11/2019 at 7:58 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

The only bad thing about this item are the misclick teleports (and as you can see I do missclick often), on average I use about 40% of my lazy explorers durability teleporting one inch away while I'm building stuff. I'd like to see a way to prevent that, instead of making it refuelable.

Same - I missclick with it a lot.  I'm not sure what could safeguard against missclicks without limiting its usefulness...  I typically don't even bring the thing with me unless I'm specifically going to use it (like going to Atrium).

13 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I'm not sure what could safeguard against missclicks without limiting its usefulness

I saw a mod which changed telepoof to double right-click. I didn't subscribe to the mod because it did too many other things I wasn't interested in as well. I might look for another mod with only the telepoofing functionality... or make my own.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, ADM said:

We have Wortox in the game and if this item can be refuelable (which kinda mean : unlimited uses), you will have nearly no reason to play as him

That like saying there is no reason to play willow because scalemail exist

On 11/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, ADM said:

you will have nearly no reason to play as him

Healing is more than enough reason to pick him

————————-

My change is to ONLY make the orange gems restore the durability by 50%, it will still expensive.

and it should not disappear when the durability reach 0, instead it will function as walking cane.

Archived