Share your Pipe Spaghetti

How it looks in my head:

Shm0gqn.png

How it looks in my game:

s2lWuGe.jpg

I want to see if anyone else has this problem. Share your pipe spaghetti! I'm offering one imaginary internet point for the most convoluted ventilation/plumbing system in this thread.

Oh boy, so. The purpose of this layout is basically to keep heat from leaking out of my (hot) water source and from wasting heat from my cooling source (-9c PW) in places where I'm not intending to. Lots of pipes, but no pipes full of hot/cold liquid sitting inside my base leaking heat. One output port per consumer and the water (clean hot water or cold PW for cooling) is delivered in small slugs / full packets only, just in time, so that there's nothing sitting around leaking heat from pipes.

If I finish this I'll update the pics. Still transitioning into electrolysis from rust deoxidizers, and haven't gotten steel yet, so it's going to get even busier in the near term. (I haven't even upgraded to a proper bathroom yet)

image.thumb.png.941255aecf38a4e9bf34987dc10507d2.png

image.thumb.png.35d390a99e426431a2676bf652ceca14.png

Ok, I found some time to take some pics of the base I posted the oxygen production system earlier:

Spoiler

pipes1.thumb.png.f2164ade65c4654dfc69e0b4303f330f.png

5d5402dbdaa9e_pipes2.thumb.png.8173d7874e7cb07ea178c2a95f050d3a.png

The most complex system should be my oxygen prodcution

It´s load adjusted based on the water reserves and power consumption and the cooling medium is used again (right tank) after beeing heated up to above 20°C by the freshly produced oxygen.

19 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

How it looks in my head:

Shm0gqn.png

How it looks in my game:

s2lWuGe.jpg

I want to see if anyone else has this problem. Share your pipe spaghetti! I'm offering one imaginary internet point for the most convoluted ventilation/plumbing system in this thread.

What sort of frame rate are you getting with 35 dupes?

5 hours ago, selereth said:

What sort of frame rate are you getting with 35 dupes?

It's decent. There is some visible slowdown when panning the camera, but it's far from a slideshow.

I put that down partly to having a gaming computer, and partly to base design. It's built like a tree, branching off of four trunks emitting N/S/E/W from the printing pod. There are no loops in the base, so there's only ever one route to get from A to B. Much easier on the pathfinding, though it does mean longer commutes.

Also, I've only dug out area's I want to include in my base. Not so much for performance, I just dislike strip-mining on principle. 

wonder how much will be my fps when all of those running around. Every time I am reminded of the performance issue it makes me wanna quit the game again

7 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

It's decent. There is some visible slowdown when panning the camera, but it's far from a slideshow.

I put that down partly to having a gaming computer, and partly to base design. It's built like a tree, branching off of four trunks emitting N/S/E/W from the printing pod. There are no loops in the base, so there's only ever one route to get from A to B. Much easier on the pathfinding, though it does mean longer commutes.

Also, I've only dug out area's I want to include in my base. Not so much for performance, I just dislike strip-mining on principle. 

How do you manage your food source?

Here it is finished. 8 spot coolers, 8 consumers for clean water. 

Absolutely minimal waste heat.

image.thumb.png.6ae4aa2de43f2946dd43497f0b5f5adc.png

Interestingly because cooling demand is so much lower (1) I've only needed 1 A/T and it's only at about 50% uptime (this is aridio). (2) I have so much fuel to spare.... Nowhere to put all the extra Hydrogen and my 1 natgas geyser hardly has a chance to run at all.

Archived