[Game Update] - 358267

• Developer
  • Renamed the "Tune Up for What?" initiative to "Finely Tuned Machine"
  • Updated achievement icons
  • Updated Chinese translations
  • Colony timelapses now save out correctly -- show us what you've got!
  • Many building status items which were showing "{Item}" and similar now actually have the item name filled in
  • Fix crash when steam condenses in an airflow tile
  • Fix an issue where certain mods requiring updating would not get updated
  • Fix an issue where the game would forever ask to restart after a mod had been updated. NOTE: if you had been stuck in that loop, some of your mods may be disabled. You can re-enable them.
  • Volume tuning on the world generation and Duplicant selection screens.
  • New ascending sounds when initiatives are earned
  • Wood Burner now respects battery fill percent configured on the side screen.
  • Desalinator has a status item when it's full of salt and needs emptying
  • "Oxygen Not Occluded" and "Down the Hatch" initiatives now track the correct values (they were looking for 1000x too much oxygen/metal!)
  • Fixed a particular framerate issue while rockets were launching. More investigation is underway.

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 18
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, coheru said:

This "7" is the day, not the month

Its 8/7 for me.  8 = month  7=day.   Maybe in Europe its  7/8/19  but this side of the world its  8/7/19 

always find it annoying when Europe sites always use  the reverse.

MM / DD / YY  is the standard.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Its 8/7 for me.  8 = month  7=day.   Maybe in Europe its  7/8/19  but this side of the world its  8/7/19 

always find it annoying when Europe sites always use  the reverse.

MM / DD / YY  is the standard.

It is so not.

Short / Medium / Long or Long / Medium / Short

What in the world is this: Medium / Short / Long ?!

• Like 31

Considering we're from different parts of the world with different customs,  everybody will have their own preference to what they're used to.
This is a bit off topic to the update thread so I don't want to get into a discussion arguing over date formats.

But this website follows    The Month, Day,  Year format.   If you noticed in the forum thread/topics list,  it shows    the month spelled out followed by day then year.

As well as all the archive of previous updates.   So we adhere to the format used by the company owning the forum. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Anyone not using ISO date format is wrong to begin with, as numerical convention is to use descending sizes, not ascending and definitely not mixed, and slashes are easily mistaken for other syntax. Today is 2019-08-07.

• Like 18

Even if you look at how files are sorted, it will never start with month cause that's completely counter-logical :D

2019-01-01 [01 january]

2019-01-19 [19 january]

2019-02-21 [21 february]

2019-02-23 [23 february]

2019-03-01 [01 march]

2019-04-05 [05 april]

2019-04-19 [19 april]

Etc. you get files sorted chronologically. Now take the same dates in the crazy system:

2019-01-01 [01 january]

2019-01-03 [01 march]

2019-05-04 [05 april]

2019-19-01 [19 january]

2019-19-04 [19 april]

2019-21-02 [21 february]

2019-23-02 [23 february]

wat-57593251.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

Anyone not using ISO date format is wrong to begin with, as numerical convention is to use descending sizes, not ascending and definitely not mixed, and slashes are easily mistaken for other syntax. Today is 2019-08-07.

This is how I name files at work. Year-month-day is really the easiest way of sorting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

ISO date format, bruh REAL people use the UNIX time stamp which is about 1565221039. /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Time lapses still do not seem to work for me. It says time lapse unavailable. I tried starting a new colony and running it for 10 cycles, and it still says time lapse unavailable. 

I was just being super impatient. At least 3 fully cycles have to pass before it lets you view. Feature looks great, good job Klei :)

Edited by Gracefulmuse

Thanks a lot for fixing the stuttering issue with rockets, just launched a steam rocket and there was no hitching! YAY!!!!!

I'm gonna keep observing the general frame rate though to see how the game runs, I believe you guys can further optimize the game and have the skills to do so. But so far, great work. The gameplay of ONI is solid; one of the best simulations I've ever played so although my criticism can sound harsh at times, it's only because I want this game to be the best that it can be. 

• Like 2

@Ipsquiggle @CheerioThe most recent update still feels laggier, and with more input delay when selecting overlays/tools than before QoL Mk 1...

Memory usage is still tanking through the roof shortly after loading a save. Something is/has been fundamentally broken here.

I understand you've addressed :

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixed a particular framerate issue while rockets were launching. More investigation is underway.

Any chance of more information about late game optimisation in general? The rocket lag was a very particular problem, but the constant game hangs, overlay stutters, interaction delay, panning lag - it's something most players will experience, and it is horrendous to play. I'm currently at cycle ~900 of a playthrough, and at this point the game is so uncomfortable to play, i'm on the verge of binning off the game entirely until this is fixed. 

Some sort of update/information regarding this would be genuinely helpful please. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • "Oxygen Not Occluded" and "Down the Hatch" initiatives now track the correct values (they were looking for 1000x too much oxygen/metal!)

Ha! I'll take partial credit for this one! In-game UI for achievement tracking soon to follow? :D

3 hours ago, crbd115 said:

They look great though glad they're finally working

is it working? mine isnt. still unavailable.
edit: it is working. wonderful. good job klei!

Edited by chasinji
impatience is obstacle beside grammar.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

@Ipsquiggle @CheerioThe most recent update still feels laggier, and with more input delay when selecting overlays/tools than before QoL Mk 1...

Memory usage is still tanking through the roof shortly after loading a save. Something is/has been fundamentally broken here.

I understand you've addressed :

Any chance of more information about late game optimisation in general? The rocket lag was a very particular problem, but the constant game hangs, overlay stutters, interaction delay, panning lag - it's something most players will experience, and it is horrendous to play. I'm currently at cycle ~900 of a playthrough, and at this point the game is so uncomfortable to play, i'm on the verge of binning off the game entirely until this is fixed. 

Some sort of update/information regarding this would be genuinely helpful please. 

I suggest the overlay display only display a fix area ,like fog of war ,right now it change the whole map,it mostly unnecessary to have that large of overlay view.