[Game Update] - 347957

2 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Contrary traits should be fixed. Here we have 'geoactive' and 'geodormant' as traits.

Don't see a problem with this, you still get +1 vent.

13 minutes ago, Machenoid said:

if you want to rely on waterweed

There's plenty of other food sources and not everyone needs top morale, so maybe you shouldn't rely on it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Contrary traits should be fixed. Here we have 'geoactive' and 'geodormant' as traits.

They should be fixed by creating a middle-road trait that would imply both but doesn't take up 2 trait spaces.

If geoactive adds 4 geysers and geodormant removes 3 geysers, the intermediate would just add 1 geyser.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, natanstarke said:

You can make mealwood there but its super hard and uses even more water " make a tempshift plate with ice from ice machines to make your mealwood farm live again". I totally agree on waterweed being totally destroyed anyways especially considering pufts in general being worthless for months...well waterweed is just not even an option anymore.

Waterweed works wild now and that is basically it. As a primary food source that means you now need excessive space, something like 200 tiles for 12 dupes. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Machenoid said:

Masochism challenges.

There needs to be a third difficulty level beyond "Survival" that enforces these negative traits appearing on asteroids, while "No Sweat" completely disallows those asteroid traits which limit gameplay from appearing. (fewer geysers should never happen on "No Sweat")

I agree we should have more deliberate choice on asteroid options rather than having to spend time rolling to make a choice. What's the point of forcing anyone to roll for features other than to punish them for wanting something specific? If I wanted an asteroid being melted by boulders and magma I'd rather be able to just choose something like that. Anyone else feel like the gaming industry's obsession with enforcing randomness (on non-fun factors) is getting out of hand?

On the other hand there'll most likely be a mod for something like this if not implemented. Needing to reroll away stuff like boulders when there are four separate boulder options is basically guaranteed to be a huge annoyance for many.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

There's plenty of other food sources and not everyone needs top morale, so maybe you shouldn't rely on it?

If it wasn't for wild self-planting being reintroduced, the moment there was zero chlorine left in the universe the last use a waterweed seed would get, would be getting thrown into the composter. But like Gurgel stated above, you can just have 200 wild plants for 12 dupes (and considering the number of seeds you get in each biome, that's probably going to be the case)

If waterweed really needs to be fertilized by something when domesticated, then it should be fertilized with lime, based on some ratio of pokeshells fed by wild waterweed, to dupes fed by that pokeshell-lime fertilized waterweed. The bleachstone could be replaced with very small amounts of lime and fossils. (shells on a beach)

[It could even be a plant that requires two fertilizers, both lime and bleachstone, with the majority of the fertilizer being lime since it's assured to be infinite, and thus stretch the bleachstone supply more.]

Edited by Machenoid
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Something in the new traits must be adjusted. Most of the Large Glaciers Igenerated look like this wierd wet hollow.

image.png

No chance it was exposed long enough to have melted?

4 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

No chance, it was in the very moment I created the map. It was in Arboria.

2 minutes ago, bobucles said:

It says "Cycle 1" in the photo so it's definitely spawning that way.

In that case you're probably both wrong! :p
What I suspect is happening is it's just replacing tiles, without changing the temperature. So the instant it's revealed it mass melts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

Something in the new traits must be adjusted. Most of the Large Glaciers Igenerated look like this wierd wet hollow.

image.png

It's also spawning pacu. Will the pacu spawn trapped in the large glacier too?

1 hour ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to make it so that the starting asteroid, terra, doesn't have any traits so new players don't have to worry about that stuff.

+ 1 and maybe each asteroid could have a thematically relevant set of default traits, to further distinguish each from one another, with players having the choice to customize or randomize them.

1 hour ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Would anyone willingly keep the following traits?

- Any of the four boulder traits (which could even take up more than one slot)

- Geodormant

- Metal Poor

As a challenge, yeah. But I agree that rerolling to get a desired combination of traits might get tedious.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yunru said:

You could always just... not play testing branches?

No i cant, that is why i bought this early access game, to play the most raw and fresh out of the pot game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, goboking said:

When I was ranching them, wrangling wasn't a thing and all we had to work with for flying critters were lures.  So you can imagine moving pufts around an asteroid one lure to the next was miserable. 

If you wait, you can just move their eggs instead.

Edited by nakomaru
  • Like 1

Note to the developers, when the printing pod drops plastic, its at -200c.

On a cold world this is a death blow because its drops down the temperature of your starting location almost instantly. Please fix.

41 minutes ago, Beercules said:

Note to the developers, when the printing pod drops plastic, its at -200c.

On a cold world this is a death blow because its drops down the temperature of your starting location almost instantly. Please fix.

This sounds like a bug, try submitting a bug report too.

5 hours ago, Yunru said:

What I suspect is happening is it's just replacing tiles, without changing the temperature. So the instant it's revealed it mass melts.

Ahah. I find this a funny mistake ^^

Anyone else notice that dupes won't finish the last order for things?  I've seen this on the kiln and metal refineries when I place large orders, say 20-50.  When I come back, one is left on the list.  Just wanted to confirm before submitting a bug.

• Like 2