Are pogs good for anything?

I know they won't respawn and I don't really like the idea of exterminating them to extinction but there doesn't seem to be any upside at all to having the annoying things around. I wish they actually stayed with their herds and didn't follow me all over the map.

11 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

They are useless, just like catcoons, but more annoying at the same time as they open chests and fridges. Also they change the color of eyes when being in caves for too long or when Aporkalypse occurs.

Catcoons actually have some niche uses as followers and at least drop a large piece of meat, in addition to their weird "gift" thing. These guys don't seem to be good for anything at all.

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Touche, tho i plan to do it when i have excess petals from all the attempting-to-remove-glowfly-spawns-mass-flowerpicking

Sadly, you're not actually removing any glowfly spawns by doing this. You know those big leafy stalks all over the rainforest? Those will spawn glowfly cocoons around themselves near the beginning of humid season, regardless of how many actual glowflies or flowers exist.

13 hours ago, DarithD said:

Good for baiting those scorpion/snake that happen to land when you're chopping trees, and a light snack after it's done killing them.

this is so true

besides, you can hire pog much cheaper than guards, since you can buy food in Swinesbury Fine Grocer

and most important, pogs don't have torch, so they are definitely helpful in ruin and jungle ( your nettles won't be burnt )

they can also help you stun lock gnat swam so you can have both of them controlled in one place

and then you can start your mining job peacefully

On 31/5/2019 at 11:57 AM, Namelessgamer said:

They are so cute, that the only point of them.

Yep. That's right. This is their ultimate weapon and the reason they are still alive in my worlds. Gosh even the unhuman souless evil piece of metal denominated as WX78 thinks they are cute.

"WARNING: CUTENESS OVERLOAD" —WX-78, when examining a normal Pog.

i dont think they have any use then annoy the player, in vampire bat attacks, they prioritize eating all the loot before helping or defending themselves, eat all the food around you (seeds, monster loot, snap tooth plants, etc..), they mess with your chests, and you need to build inferior "special chests" with lees storage capacity to avoid they continue stealing/messing with your things, they attack you in aporkalipsis.. so basically they are a plague same like pikos (pikos due all the bugs related to them, mainly the destruction/disappearing of stolen items due bugged stumps ) in hamlet, so erradique them, dont worth the effort trying to keep them around.

Archived