Don't Starve can be a troll some times.

...Do you see this?Do you know what this is?This is my map.I'm going to guide you through what is quite possibly the most "you have got to be ****ing kidding me" moment I've ever had in this game.Let's start at the red circle. The red circle is the general area i spawned in. I found plenty of stuff around there, and thought, "Alright, this will be a good world!" I almost always want to live near a savannah, with a lot of beefaloes, in a grass land. So, I go down the road, or for you guys the red line.I get to the green circle, and there is one beefalo there. This was toying with me. I continue walking down the green line, and at the orange circle I find a rock biome. This was great, because a grassland was near. I just needed beefalo now and I would be set.I go down the orange line, and find a worm hole. In past experience, I'd almost always get shot out in a savannah near beefalo. I go through, and come out at the orange circle across the map.I start tracing out the land, going down the blue line, and eventually the purple. Tons of rocks, I was set if I found that savannah. Now keep going down the purple. See that purple scribble? I found beefalo right next to where I wanted them.. and checked my map. I realized I could have saved tons of time, and just went that way originally.Well. Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my life Don't Starve.Anyways, discuss your adventures and times you've been trolled by this game..

I had 40 seeds and 60 manure ready to go, so I decided I'd go grab some logs and then beat out some veggies for winter.Was on my way back to my camp, realized my inventory was full and I didnt have a torch.Bang, one hit ko on day 20 with everything to survive winter.

Once I got a map that was almost entirely forest biome. I practically explored the entire map and i just decided to quit and make a new world after like ten days of this. Possibly one of the worst maps i've ever gotten.

Because we are talking to the world builder. *Starts freaking out!* Give me back my circle-y islands!

*slaps sirmentlegen* it's the WORLDBUILDERER! world-build-er-ER! Get it right!I'm sorry for that.My best story:I can't provide a map now, but one time, when i was hunting a koalaphant..The hunt started at my camp. No idea how the footprint got there, as there was never a koalaphat, but okay.Now i followed the footprints north, a good day's travel.Kept following it east after a while, lost the tracks sometimes because the prints were sometimes hiding behind trees, and it was a grave-"biome".After good 2 days of search, it went back south again. This time it was fine, it went through a savannah.While slaughtering some pigs, the tracks made me go west again.And where do i find that elephant-y koala? Right in my base. Of course. Damn trollphants, he made me run around in a circle for 4 days.I never enjoyed killing a koalaphant that much.

*slaps sirmentlegen* it's the WORLDBUILDERER! world-build-er-ER! Get it right!I'm sorry for that.My best story:I can't provide a map now, but one time, when i was hunting a koalaphant..The hunt started at my camp. No idea how the footprint got there, as there was never a koalaphat, but okay.Now i followed the footprints north, a good day's travel.Kept following it east after a while, lost the tracks sometimes because the prints were sometimes hiding behind trees, and it was a grave-"biome".After good 2 days of search, it went back south again. This time it was fine, it went through a savannah.While slaughtering some pigs, the tracks made me go west again.And where do i find that elephant-y koala? Right in my base. Of course. Damn trollphants, he made me run around in a circle for 4 days.I never enjoyed killing a koalaphant that much.

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. A was too happy to find that damn creature to be angry though.As for me, well... I just started to play in Adventure Mode, and I'm curious to see what world I could reach before dying (is there a number max of worlds by the way?). Anyway, 2nd world, things went quiet great and I was ready to leave it. Except that I needed that last Wooden Thing part. No problem, I'll just explore quickly the map, shouldn't be too long, right? Well nope, would be too easy. I roamed through the ENTIRE MAP, literally without finding it.Here's a first screen to show you.The green circle is where I spawned.The black one where the Wooden Thing was.And the red ones where the parts were.Nothing unusual, right?Can't find it?Click if you dareThe only way to go to that island was to take a wormhole. I roamed the map back and forth for days before eventually trying a wormhole. And it wasn't even on purpose, I just wanted to take a shortcut...

FYI guys, beefalo almost always start in small numbers now that they reproduce. I see a lot of posts along the lines of, "Stupid map generator! My world only has two beefalo." But those two fellas quickly become a herd by day 10 or so.

In my world there was a split where four roads left off in diffrent directions and i usually one went up and to the right, left led to my base and the bottom route i never bothered with. Eventually after heading upwards i found a worm hole which led to a pig village, 3 mandrakes and a beefalo heard. After using the wormhole a few times i decided venture downwards away from the pig houses, i found 7 bee nests, 3 more pig villages and then the pig king, i continued running back and forth from my camp which was on the edge of a island very far away, the wormhole, the pig village and pig king, this would usually take a day to do and i had pass alot of spiders.Then after a little i decided venture to the right of the pig kind, i stopped having go through the wormhole so much due to it seriously damaging my sanity to the point it hit 30% and i managed find a swamp filled with reeds and then a road about a short walk upwards, the road was part of the four connecting roads mentioned before, it being the bottom one.I could of saved alot of time if i just actually been bothered head downwards this would of saved me a meat effigy i lost when i bumped into the mass spider queen hordes which overwhelmed the area between the pig village and king.I felt pretty stupid.

Troll or be trolled, I got some moments like that...When the game trolled me: Finished off a tier 2 spider nest - hounds killed me.Finished off Treeguard with 2 fellow pigs (no companions), they both survived but ate the meat. (I wasn't really that pissed, they deserved it)I've spent 20 days on searching for the pig king, when it was near the area I spawned, and that is not even the problem... he was near water, and all the gold he gave... you guess'd, drops into the ocean! (didn't knew you can rotate that)When the hounds approach, I always think it's the Koalaphant, this is my own stupidity but I fell for it countless time before. When I updated the winter patch and wanted to continue my old game (day 11), a seemingly endless wave of hounds killed me (I still don't know if this was intentional or not)and... and... I think there is more, but can't think of any.

Having 1 beefalo deosn't matter much because once they enter the horny phase of their lives the map gets cluttered with beefalo. I had like 3 beefalo, after the mating season I had around 30. Then I had my treeguard kill some for me because they were cluttering my base.

After making a huge fort out of a massive amount of rocks I went to gather some food before nightfall. While picking up some rock, I got pecked by a tallbird resulting in me only having a tiny bit of health left. I ran back towards the fort. I met a pig on the way, gave him some meat and he came back to the fort with me. I went inside the fort and closed the entrance, and thought to myself that no monster would be able to reach me in here, I was totally safe from the outside world, and the pig was there to keep me company so I wouldn't feel so lonely and isolated. Then the pig turned into a werepig and murdered me.

I tried fighting a tree guard on day 4 so I started burning it, then a pig started punching it and of course the pig died so it started walking into my house while still on fire and burned everything I had. I had 10+ berry bushes,stick thingys, and grass thingies. I am not sure if that is good but that is amazing by my standards.

I spent 6 days tracking a Koalefant through thick forest(had to bring in some pigs to clear the trees). Eventually, the tracks led into the ocean. I checked my map to see another part of the island about a two days walk south. I'm done with these flying Koalefants.

My current map is terrible. Its a giant horse shoe shape so some things I need take like 10 day round trips to get to (MacTusk). I have 3 small road segments but they don't help with travel to other areas. Also, I have no pig king. /sigh

What about this one...

Adventure mode, day 35, finally found the beefalos and got razor to collect wool for winter hat.

I have not touched my epic beard since I arrived because I heard it helps keep Wilson warm and I will shave it once I get the winter hat and puffy vest. Only then I will build my effigy.

I make a fire pit and load it with manure and wood for the night and right click on the razor to equip it...

Posted Image

Yeah, you do not equip the razor, you hover it over your target and click. If you right click it and you have beard you will shave it... RIGHT ON TOP OF THE FIRE PIT.

What about this one...

Adventure mode, day 35, finally found the beefalos and got razor to collect wool for winter hat.

I have not touched my epic beard since I arrived because I heard it helps keep Wilson warm and I will shave it once I get the winter hat and puffy vest. Only then I will build my effigy.

I make a fire pit and load it with manure and wood for the night and right click on the razor to equip it...

Posted Image

Yeah, you do not equip the razor, you hover it over your target and click. If you right click it and you have beard you will shave it... RIGHT ON TOP OF THE FIRE PIT.

How did you even get enough food to survive winter tell me your secrets D:<! Edited by Gigahappytown

What about this one...Adventure mode, day 35, finally found the beefalos and got razor to collect wool for winter hat.I have not touched my epic beard since I arrived because I heard it helps keep Wilson warm and I will shave it once I get the winter hat and puffy vest. Only then I will build my effigy.I make a fire pit and load it with manure and wood for the night and right click on the razor to equip it...imageYeah, you do not equip the razor, you hover it over your target and click. If you right click it and you have beard you will shave it... RIGHT ON TOP OF THE FIRE PIT.

Ahahahaha, brilliantThis was all part of Maxwell's scheme I'm sure