Don't Starve can be a troll some times.

How did you even get enough food to survive winter tell me your secrets D:<!

I died 4 times on this map before getting the hang of it. Basically carrots and seeds until my bees and crock pots started producing. After that only honey ham. Too many variations on the recipe so I will list a few: 1 monster meat + 1 meat + 2 honey OR 1 monster meat + 2 morsels + 1 honey OR two meat + 2 honey and so on. At least one honey and no more than one monster meat.Monster meat from spiders, tentacles, hounds, morsel from birds using boomerang (emergency only), meat from koalefant, deerclops, tallbirds, pigs, werepigs...Hunger is not a problem, the harder part is the hounds because is not easy to get enough bees for bee mines.

Ahahahaha, brilliantThis was all part of Maxwell's scheme I'm sure

Yes. So poetic you cannot even be mad about it, only admire such a great work.

What about this one...

Adventure mode, day 35, finally found the beefalos and got razor to collect wool for winter hat.

I have not touched my epic beard since I arrived because I heard it helps keep Wilson warm and I will shave it once I get the winter hat and puffy vest. Only then I will build my effigy.

I make a fire pit and load it with manure and wood for the night and right click on the razor to equip it...

Posted Image

Yeah, you do not equip the razor, you hover it over your target and click. If you right click it and you have beard you will shave it... RIGHT ON TOP OF THE FIRE PIT.

I had a similar thing to this but i was running with a torch went to get beefalo hair and ended up shaving off my beard by mistake :) , unfortunately wilsons beard is the only thing i use for warmth and having nothing to make a fire I then promptly froze to death :) Ah death by shaving not a good way to go.

I just died on day 25 (I thought I was armed enough to take on a swamp tentacle), 90+% of the map revealed and only four spider dens (all tier 3) known to be left in the world at all. Thing is, there was no Pig King to be found in that world, unless he was buried somewhere deep in the swamp and I just hadn't gotten there when I died!

I had a similar thing to this but i was running with a torch went to get beefalo hair and ended up shaving off my beard by mistake :) , unfortunately wilsons beard is the only thing i use for warmth and having nothing to make a fire I then promptly froze to death :) Ah death by shaving not a good way to go.

You could set anything on fire. Just hover a torch on stuff on the ground like manure, flowers or petals, hair, wool, grass, twigs, planks, wood, cones, trees... no need to make a fire pit to get warm. You could drop one beard hair at a time and set it on fire. The fire does not last long, but it is enough. Unless, of course, it was night and you only have one torch and not enough material to build another.

yeah i know i can light other things up :) im not sure what i was thinking to be honest, i left most my stuff at the base and went for a stroll, just had the one torch and didnt realize i would freeze so quick so by the time i stopped cussing myself for the beard and thought to light a log it was too late. It was all down to my own stupidity and a simple miss click of the mouse :)

My story;First time playing. I'm asking my friend 1000 questions (he's had the game for about 5-7 days now) and I'm gathering stuff...I FINALLY find some boulders on day... Oh, about day 5. I mine it, get one piece of gold, and hold out going around for resources to make a science machine..Finally I get the resources, and my gold is gone... I also explored a savannah half the world long/high... No beefalos...Towards day 6/7, I hear this growling, and nearly mess myself... Ask my friend what it is, and get this as a responce; "run like ****."So I sort of do... But ask WHY, and he says dogs... And I'm like, "****..."I go over a small bridge-like structure, and as soon as I start chopping a tree, this... Idk even know if it's RELATED to a dog, spawns in a tree and charges me... I manage to kill it, but with really low health. THEN, here comes his brother... I die...