Any unknown mechanic to share?

4 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Nah I'm on console so it isn't as quick and easy, you'll have to take my word for it ;)

Ok, I'll take your word for it instead of your thousand words for it. But always remember that transcribing the tvs visuals pixel by pixel onto an art program over the course of dozens of hours is always an option. 

If you want to put bee boxes on piers, you can plant a flower on them by letting a homeless bee pollinate 6 flowers, then telelocating it to your desired location. It'll plant a flower in the area the next time it lands. Rinse and repeat 6 times, then release a swarm of wild bees at the pier location to let them spread a bunch of flowers. You can then prune any undesired flowers, and reroll their locations as long as you leave 6 or more in the area.

image.png

You unfortunately won't have very precise control over where they end up, but it's quite practical if you want your bee boxes out in the middle of the ocean where they won't be a bother to you during spring.

• Like 10
  • GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

If you want to put bee boxes on piers, you can plant a flower on them by letting a homeless bee pollinate 6 flowers, then telelocating it to your desired location. It'll plant a flower in the area the next time it lands. Rinse and repeat 6 times, then release a swarm of wild bees at the pier location to let them spread a bunch of flowers. You can then prune any undesired flowers, and reroll their locations as long as you leave 6 or more in the area.

image.png

You unfortunately won't have very precise control over where they end up, but it's quite practical if you want your bee boxes out in the middle of the ocean where they won't be a bother to you during spring.

Bees pollinating flowers and planting them in general is something people should know about. Everyone is complaining about no good flower farming methods, but there is one sitting right here!

I also like to drop a bunch of homeless bees by bee boxes to spread flowers to save on bugnets and time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Yes it does, you can go up on y axis and spawn flowers up in the air.

oh, please, we all know that the is no such thing as Y axis and Don't Starve Together is a flat 2d platformer game.

And for my Unknown mechanic here is two:

• You can set a mushgnome on fire to easily produce tons of ash, as each moon spore that it produces will burn into ashes(for those filthy Wormwood mains);
  • Once you get your hands on a Moleworm, you can put it into the water as it will instantly sink and die into a Wormhole, and a few days later, the Og burrow will generate a new Moleworm for you to throw into the water as it will instantly sink and die.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1

My unknown mechanic to share is that the vertical axis does exist, and is easily seen by dropping something out of your inventory and watching it fall to the floor. Or by watching earthquake debris fall from the ceiling onto you. Typically the extra dimension has no effect on gameplay, but with console commands or glitches you can ascend into reaches not meant to be travelled by man and make some weird looking stuff. One group used this exploit to create an AFK Maxwell bot that lived in the caves with a roof over his head to protect him from earthquake debris, trapped things that I forgot what exactly they were to protect him from depths worms, and a script to just constantly pick & eat the stone fruits that his shadows would smash open. With all of this elaborate planning and deep knowledge of exploits I'm surprised they didn't know about the very simple oversight that disables hunger, and instead did that elaborate thing.

7 minutes ago, Valase said:
  • You can set a mushgnome on fire to easily produce tons of ash, as each moon spore that it produces will burn into ashes(for those filthy Wormwood mains);
  • Once you get your hands on a Moleworm, you can put it into the water as it will instantly sink and die into a Wormhole, and a few days later, the Og burrow will generate a new Moleworm for you to throw into the water as it will instantly sink and die.

You are violent. You crave murder. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valase said:

oh, please, we all know that the is no such thing as Y axis and Don't Starve Together is a flat 2d platformer game.

And for my Unknown mechanic here is two:

Fun fact, if you put moleworm on boat, it will glitch off and swim

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

10 hours ago, Valase said:

I'm just your average Wormwood main, craving blood and carnage!

(Also, they were stealing my gnomes and I swear that one blown me up one time).

They deserve it.... moleworms build up SO MUCH in long term worlds and they are dirty little thieves... the amount of them in my birchnut forest is honestly absolutely ridiculous... Catcoons coughing them up all the time and not successfully killing them before they escape.. need to do a massive moleworm clean out/genocide some day. 

They can be useful as emergency morsel generators in the ruins/caves in a pinch but that still doesn't make up for their evilness..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apperently people don't know but you can pull out the starcaller out of the mooonstone before "phase 2" starts (about 10 seconds) and it will still spawn werepigs and hounds, doing this over and over can net you over 20 pig skin and 30 monstermeat or hundreds of moonrocks in a single (winter) night when done with sufficient damage. You can trap vargs or build pighouses nearby for even more drops. I never build a pig farm because this is more than enough pig skin especially if the other people on your server can't handle darkness and insist on moonstorms being on.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

9 hours ago, Retepeter said:

Apperently people don't know but you can pull out the starcaller out of the mooonstone before "phase 2" starts (about 10 seconds) and it will still spawn werepigs and hounds, doing this over and over can net you over 20 pig skin and 30 monstermeat or hundreds of moonrocks in a single (winter) night when done with sufficient damage. You can trap vargs or build pighouses nearby for even more drops. I never build a pig farm because this is more than enough pig skin especially if the other people on your server can't handle darkness and insist on moonstorms being on.

Building a pig farm near it prevents more pigs from spawning, also keep in mind they will sometimes eat drops.

3 hours ago, Spino43 said:

It does I think, just the mightyness decays much slower.

That's capital, your honor. If a dumbbell is in your hand and you are moving your mightiness drain is paused. You probably think it decays "much slower" because your movement is not perfectly optimal and you stop every once in awhile to do things like type a message to someone, pick up an item, or start spamming /yawn at nearby players.

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 2

Smallbirds eat berries.

I know this is trivial information, but I wasted so much time turning veggies into seeds when I could have just gone for a round in my berrybush farm.                            

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Smallbirds eat berries.

I know this is trivial information, but I wasted so much time turning veggies into seeds when I could have just gone for a round in my berrybush farm.                            

I knew this worked in DSAlone but I thought they removed it from DST because back in like 2017 when I raised smallbirds more often I tried to do it and it didn't work.

using stage play when u find it early days into the game would give u chance to get awesome stuff like miner hat for free. u can easily kill that bush hound with axe.
i love it when i got it on day 1

i found out lots of people dont know this when i play in someone else server. so ill just drop this here i guess.

• Sanity 1