Any unknown mechanic to share?

If you're tired of scrapbook popups or just want it complete, you can unlock everything in the scrapbook with the console.

Open console with `/~ key and copy and paste: TheScrapbookPartitions:DebugUnlockEverything()

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

If you're tired of scrapbook popups or just want it complete, you can unlock everything in the scrapbook with the console.

Open console with `/~ key and copy and paste: TheScrapbookPartitions:DebugUnlockEverything()

can't you disable the popups in the options menu

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

Two dark swords hits, a fist hit and a bramble husk proc are enough to kill a hound and allow you to save 1% of a dark sword's durability per hound killed    

I do something like this with thulecite club. It deals 59.5 damage, and if you hit a crawling horror (300 hp) 5 times, it has 2.5 hp remaining, so I make sure to punch at least once when kiting to save durability.

If you have lunar affinity then there's no reason to punch crawling horrors when using the thulecite club, but you can punch terrorbeaks (400 hp) to save durability instead. With lunar affinity you do 65.45 damage, and 6 hits leaves a beak with 7.3 hp remaining. One punch kills.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Haha 1

You can hit a hound 15 times with your fists to save durability on your weapons.

This trick doesn't work with hambats, so don't bother crafting them. Weak characters take more hits, so just ban them from your servers!

Edited by Juanasdf
wes griefers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 6
  • Potato Cup 1

I doubt its unknown, but I really like how easily Willow can farm Snurtle Shell Armor now.  Light a mound, see the spawns, extinguish to reset.  If you get a Snurtle it will flee from you while Slurtles (if there are no rocks nearby / in your inventory) will return instantly to the mound.  Just re-roll the spawns until you get what you want lol

I think Snurtle armors are great for shirking off some of the damage from bishops while hitting the ruins, or for blocking instead of kiting for some bosses to speed them up.  Getting them has always been a bit of a process, but Willow makes them very accessible. 

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

38 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I doubt its unknown, but I really like how easily Willow can farm Snurtle Shell Armor now.  Light a mount, see the spawns, extinguish to reset.  If you get a Snurtle it will flee from you while Slurtles (if there are no rocks nearby / in your inventory) will return instantly to the mound.  Just re-roll the spawns until you get what you want lol

I think Snurtle armors are great for shirking off some of the damage from bishops while hitting the ruins, or for blocking instead of kiting for some bosses to speed them up.  Getting them has always been a bit of a process, but Willow makes them very accessible. 

i really like it to fight fw. Same it can take too much time depending of world gen and rng

• Like 1

A really fun mechanic, is that if you're at the oasis when lunar hail happens in summer, the glass shards that fall onto the lake get flung off since they can't land there. They don't cast a shadow then, and you can easily get slashed with one with no warning.

obraz.png.785a3a0d6ac3c9db2e24b66a2cdd373a.png

...'m not mad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • GL Happy 2

Items that protect you from lightning also make you immune to moongleams, making them not stagger and not deal damage to you, so using rain coat, brightshade helm and brightshade staff allows you to get restrained statics effortlessly and prevents birds, gestalts and moongleams from interrupting you 

Edited by grm9
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grm9 said:

Items that protect you from lightning also make you immune to moongleams, making them not stagger and not deal damage to you, so using rain coat, brightshade helm and brightshade staff allows you to get restrained statics effortlessly and prevents birds, gestalts and moongleams from interrupting you 

do it all with winona and you have the most effortless moonstorm experience :>

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

After Willow skill tree release:

1. Ride a beefalo around spider nests/aggressive bee hives + Spontaneous Combustion = easy embers. With beefalo speed you can collect tons of enemies and light them in a single combustion use, and just wait until they burn. You can do the same without beedalo ofc but it's much easier while riding.

2. Training beefalo on heat + Bernie = beefalo is aggressive towards Bernie and they'll fight. Better not to train beefalo in heat. 

3. If you have Controlled Burning skill but want to lit the whole forest on fire, use Fire Ball close to the tree. This will ignite the tree with normal fire. 

• Like 6

This is sipmple. but I've noticed people doesn't use it while playing Wormwood. 

Healing salves.

If you killed some spiders for glands, yes ofc you can heal with it but the value is that poor that it doesn't worse it. Collect some ashes insted and convert it to healing salve. This advice is so obvios, but a lot of people simlpy forget about healing items. I think it's crutial while playing Wormwood, cause it gives you solid amount of health. It also doesn't spoil unlike food items.

For ashes collection, I use pinecones often. I plant trees almost never, because natural regrows will not let me be out of trees anyway and no way in your game you'll destroy the whole forests, even with Bearger. And anyway 20 trees near base is enough to spread rapidly. So burn these stacks of pinecones when needed and you'll have ashes for salves.

Healing salves are especially good for Wormwood and combined he would definetely need silk for tents, he would eventually collect spider eggs anyways. He would also collect a lot of stones because of hunt for nitre.

Chop trees.

Another Wormwood tip I discovered is how to chop trees without huge sanity loss, Many would suggest to simply let all pinecones grow right after you chop the tree. But this is not the case if you want to use pinecones. and this also slows down your chopping speed since you constantly discracted to plant cones.

So hire the pigs! Once you fought spiders for silk and glands you also have plenty of monster meat. Spend it for pigs labour and now if you stand near the pig who shops the tree, you will gain a lot os sanity. It's enough to cover your sanity loss due to tree's death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaurun said:

If you killed some spiders for glands, yes ofc you can heal with it but the value is that poor that it doesn't worse it. Collect some ashes insted and convert it to healing salve. This advice is so obvios, but a lot of people simlpy forget about healing items. I think it's crutial while playing Wormwood, cause it gives you solid amount of health. It also doesn't spoil unlike food items.

I personally don't use healing salves for 1 reson only. They use rocks. Rocks are kind of annoying to gather for me until I get stone fruit and I need a lot of them for other stuff in the early game. Not to mention poultices are much easier to mass produce once set up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, somethin said:

I personally don't use healing salves for 1 reson only. They use rocks. Rocks are kind of annoying to gather for me until I get stone fruit and I need a lot of them for other stuff in the early game. Not to mention poultices are much easier to mass produce once set up.

1 rock for an additional 12 health is good for me early/mid game. Salves are slept upon most players I feel.

Honey poultice sounds good but I find setting up a bee farm and either pray for a reed trap setpiece or finding monkey island take a long time to produce poultices at mass. Before that salves does a good job at immediate healing.

2 hours ago, Spino43 said:

1 rock for an additional 12 health is good for me early/mid game. Salves are slept upon most players I feel.

Honey poultice sounds good but I find setting up a bee farm and either pray for a reed trap setpiece or finding monkey island take a long time to produce poultices at mass. Before that salves does a good job at immediate healing.

Agree. It's not difficult to setup 2-3 bee boxes early game, but reeds are far from accessible. Even if you have a reed trap, you should wait for couple of bosses to clear it. Even wormwood with proper skill tree who has the option to craft monkey tails needs to collect reeds and bananas first. Traveling for bananas is a risk to get hit, so healing salves shine when you're setting up everything.

Edited by shaurun

Idk if someone said this already or not but if you stand on the oasis lake before summer starts and if you wait until summer starts, the oasis lake will not fill up with water. you have to be standing on the lake in order for this to work.

• Like 1

A person named Dragonsbreath9 absolutely blew my mind on a recent livestream when they told me that the Terrarium technically gives off light even when it's completely inactive. So if you drop it at your feet, Charlie will never attack you, even if it appears to be pitch black.

That is seriously wild.

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

This may have been shared already, but if you are looking to easily defeat the antlion and Wickerbottom is around, you can start the fight normally with a frozen thermal stone, then read rain rituals, and the rain will cause the sandstorm to immediately vanish, but the fight continues. This makes it much easier to see and to dodge the sand spikes.

If you're a sweaty gamer like me and you want to rush Fuelweaver a little earlier than normal, you can rush Wicker's grimoire book and read it before day 11. When you read it, it resets the moon cycle, and will make new moon appear exactly 10 days after you've read the book. You can use this to get a new moon before the standard day 21. For instance if you read the book on day 6, new moon with be on day 16. (all of this is relevant to fuelweaver because you need the new moon to defeat the chess bosses to get the shadow heart to revive the fuelweaver)

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 4

There's a really cool wormwood trick with bramble traps but I'm not here to tell y'all how to do it.

I'm here to tell anyone who knows what it is to keep it quiet! 

Bramble traps are niche as it is, if you know you know. That is all.

:wilsontea:

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, Bird Up said:

This may have been shared already, but if you are looking to easily defeat the antlion and Wickerbottom is around, you can start the fight normally with a frozen thermal stone, then read rain rituals, and the rain will cause the sandstorm to immediately vanish, but the fight continues. This makes it much easier to see and to dodge the sand spikes.

Even better, you don't even need to be Wickerbottom, you just need to give him a thermal stone at the last segment of the final summer day, and he'll still be around as long as you hit him, so you can fight him without the slowdown effect of the sandstorm during the first few minutes of autumn.