What would you like to see in the next character shorts?

What would you like to see in the next character shorts?  

79 members have voted

1. 1.

• How the characters got their unique traits(werebeaver, Abigail flower, etc.)
    • How the characters got in the constant
    • The connections between characters(like Maxwell being Wendy's uncle)
    • I don't care
    • Other(comment below)

I pretty sure I'm not the only one that thinks that the Willow short was a little disappointing. I liked all the shorts so far, but they didn't seem to answer a whole lot of questions, besides the ones that we already knew or assumed the answer to (Winona worked in the factory and Charlie is her sister, Willow is an orphan, etc.) I was hoping that these shorts would give a solid backstory to everybody, but that doesn't seem like the case.

In the Winona short, it's extremely obvious that the figure that got sucked through that portal was Wagstaff, but it didn't seem to actually confirm it.

I was super confused in the Willow short, wondering why a shadow creature seemed to be trying to kill specifically her, and why bernie scared it away, and I really wanted to know how she got in the constant.

It's hard putting my thoughts into words, but I hope I got my point across. 

What do you guys want to see in the upcoming shorts?

Woodie's lobotomy and Lucy, how Wendy lost her sister and a exact design for Jack Carter, Wolfgang's time in the military, Wickerbottom's life as a librarian, Wigfrid's theatrical career, Wes's life as a mime and painter, WX's creation... All I can think on the top of my head besides Inn keeper lore.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Woodie's lobotomy and Lucy, how Wendy lost her sister and a exact design for Jack Carter, Wolfgang's time in the military, Wickerbottom's life as a librarian, Wigfrid's theatrical career, Wes's life as a mime and painter, WX's creation... All I can think on the top of my head besides Inn keeper lore.

This is all I hope too! And I believe Klei will meet our expectations...

3 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I pretty sure I'm not the only one that thinks that the Willow short was a little disappointing. I liked all the shorts so far, but they didn't seem to answer a whole lot of questions, besides the ones that we already knew or assumed the answer to (Winona worked in the factory and Charlie is her sister, Willow is an orphan, etc.) I was hoping that these shorts would give a solid backstory to everybody, but that doesn't seem like the case.

In the Winona short, it's extremely obvious that the figure that got sucked through that portal was Wagstaff, but it didn't seem to actually confirm it.

I was super confused in the Willow short, wondering why a shadow creature seemed to be trying to kill specifically her, and why bernie scared it away, and I really wanted to know how she got in the constant.

That's kind of the point though. These shorts make you think about information already theorized, confirming it, and also throwing something to even further theorize such as Wagstaff being the one who got sucked in through the portal or how the Terrorbeak got into the real world (if it even is a Terrorbeak). One of the greatest things about this community and the main thing that ensnares me in it is all the theories and lore and twists on the game that keep making it interesting.

3 hours ago, Jayfeather345 said:

That's kind of the point though. These shorts make you think about information already theorized, confirming it, and also throwing something to even further theorize such as Wagstaff being the one who got sucked in through the portal or how the Terrorbeak got into the real world (if it even is a Terrorbeak). One of the greatest things about this community and the main thing that ensnares me in it is all the theories and lore and twists on the game that keep making it interesting.

I agree, I love theorizing and talking about lore like that, but I also really want to see some hard facts once in a while that aren't totally obvious in the first place.

2 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I agree, I love theorizing and talking about lore like that, but I also really want to see some hard facts once in a while that aren't totally obvious in the first place.

Citations are my fetish and I need them.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

How many exact fires were caused by Charlie Brown and how many fires Willow started.

This time its 1:1

My theory is that every time the portal is used, it explodes to destroy all evidence of it being used. That way, the mortals see it as a freak accident not "OH S*** THE ALIENS ARE COMING"

I think klei is showing the origins of characters who has some deeper lore. I think the reason why they choose to show Willow's origins is because we need that info to understand what's coming next. Maybe an upcoming short (or even a comic) of Willow entering the constant will make sense after the origin's video. 

Winona's lore is pretty much "I must find my sister" and that's all. We don't need a backstory short of her since it's obvious, also with Wortrox. That's all we need to fully understand them.

You know what I mean?

I chose "other" in the poll. All I'm hoping for in future animated shorts is that nothing will contradict my headcanon. I have quite an elaborate headcanon that I've developed over the years. ^o^;>

I've been lucky so far. Nothing has contradicted it yet. Maybe I'll keep being lucky. I hope...

Thanks for reviving this thread, I almost missed out on seeing this gem.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, minespatch said:

Citations are my fetish and I need them.

Spoiler

im screenshotting this

34 minutes ago, ItsaGamer05 said:

They’re both from the Constant, right? It wouldn’t make sense for them to show up in a characters origin story.

They could have shown up in Wortox's, and depending if they show how Wormwood or Warly got to the Constant—that would work too.

Though I suspect that's more likely for Wormwood.

Backstories for all the characters, their relation to Max, and how they got there for sure. 

I'm absolutely biased as a Wilson main but I'm really looking forward to what they do for him. I'm operating under the theory that he'll be the last character refreshed and his short will progress the overall story of the game. 

Archived