How would you revamp the innkeeper?

I wonder when he'll get an upgrade. Didn't the devs say there would be more recipes than 9->1? I want to swap skins for the same quality because I don't want to make spools from duplicate distingished skins and trading them for other skins on Steam is hard.

maybe like skin crafting like in TF2 where you obtain certain items put them together for a skin you know you are going to get

or maybe some use for event items because since all new items are like that he will essentially become worthless later on in DSTs life

On 29/04/2019 at 4:02 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

W-bucks.

this name isnt only a reference but it also makes a LOT of sense, since only characters that start with the letter W can benefit from this currency

now i really want to see this in use in some way

You know the shopkeeper? I'll pull up an image of him now

Spoiler

Image result for don't starve shopkeeper

Anyway, he was an unused feature that remains pretty mysterious, you might recognise him from the Up and Away mod which he made a cameo in. There where multiple other designs for other shopkeepers as well. Perhaps they could be finally used to create some kind of ingame trading system. Once in a while they pop up, set up a little shop, and just stay for a bit being all creepy and doing whatever he does under that umbrella... 

That being said our pal the skin trader wouldn't really fit in designwise. All the shopkeepers have a rather otherworldly/uncanny valley look to them which I adore.

9 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

You know the shopkeeper? I'll pull up an image of him now

Hide contents

Image result for don't starve shopkeeper

Anyway, he was an unused feature that remains pretty mysterious, you might recognise him from the Up and Away mod which he made a cameo in. There where multiple other designs for other shopkeepers as well. Perhaps they could be finally used to create some kind of ingame trading system. Once in a while they pop up, set up a little shop, and just stay for a bit being all creepy and doing whatever he does under that umbrella... 

That being said our pal the skin trader wouldn't really fit in designwise. All the shopkeepers have a rather otherworldly/uncanny valley look to them which I adore.

ACTUALLY! This reminds me! We did get word from Devs why they weren't going to add shop keepers like him.

Someone asked the Devs about him, and they said they didn't add them in because they didn't like it, and hated how it made the world feel.
Just didn't feel right, I believe they said it ruined the atmosphere. 

Maybe there'll be another option.

really like the innkeeper! he seems very nice! I wish there was more with him! Maybe he could explain a basic tutorial of the game, but not too in depth... or something. But I really like him!!!!!!!!!!!! 

or, y'know, just lore or some content regarding him. 

2 hours ago, shyguy1824 said:

really like the innkeeper! he seems very nice! I wish there was more with him! Maybe he could explain a basic tutorial of the game, but not too in depth... or something. But I really like him!!!!!!!!!!!! 

or, y'know, just lore or some content regarding him. 

The real basic tutorial of the game is in the title - Don't Starve. The devs didn't like a quest system which tell you what you do next. So you learn from mistakes by dying. Most things and UI's are self-explaining. The innkeeper should stay as an npc to trade skins.

5 hours ago, axxel said:

The real basic tutorial of the game is in the title - Don't Starve. The devs didn't like a quest system which tell you what you do next. So you learn from mistakes by dying. Most things and UI's are self-explaining. The innkeeper should stay as an npc to trade skins.

Yeah, that's fair. Still, it would be neat if he did just a little more

On 4/29/2019 at 5:53 AM, -Variant said:

I used to work on an RPG style mod where several people would show up around the world, and give you task in return for whatever goodies they listed.

Beef was one of them. If I can recall correctly, they'd show up like Maxwell, poof here, poof there. 
Again, like Maxwell, you could click to talk to them, in which they'd list a task. And you know, as usual, the harder the challenge, the better the rewards.

I'm very interested. Do you have any screenshots or videos of this mod being used? Sounds cool.

Archived