Jump to content

How would you revamp the innkeeper?


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well... Kind of. I don't want Innkeeper's design changed. Matybe similar mechanics like the ninja smoke since when you leave the trade inn, he slips away.

"Mechanics similar to ninja smoke ..." seems to me: "Take my things and disappear without giving me anything of value". xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RogueGamer12 said:

L O R E

 

Tbh, i really have no idea how to revamp him. Maybe items we trade in can be turned into points which can be spent on a store he owns, which items refresh every few days.

 

Edit: Now that sounds dumb, we have spools. Lol.

W-bucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He should be a very random encounter ,  peacefully walking among beefalos, and if you talk to him he will make random comments on your clothes, or skins you have and skins you don't have. Then after a few days probably dissapear from the server entirely. This way he remains a man of mystery like he should be. He can't be attacked or killed, like pig king.

I'd also add him to the interface of the new store area when you purchase skins or dlc characters to klei, so he sells them to you. He should be sort of a Klei representative in the constant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to work on an RPG style mod where several people would show up around the world, and give you task in return for whatever goodies they listed.

Beef was one of them. If I can recall correctly, they'd show up like Maxwell, poof here, poof there. 
Again, like Maxwell, you could click to talk to them, in which they'd list a task. And you know, as usual, the harder the challenge, the better the rewards.

I think something like this would be very welcome, totally optional, so if you don't like it, you don't have to do it.

Casual Lore banter here and there, some good juicy info.

Possibly leaves and waits for nearby danger to leave before poofing back, like Antlion with rain.

Maybe this is something people would be interested in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I would like to see him actually in the game, and you can trade with him. give him 9 of the same items and he'll give you one item of higher rarity and value like the trade inn in the menu

he would be used as both a currency and a trader, brilliant!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I would like to see him actually in the game, and you can trade with him. give him 9 of the same items and he'll give you one item of higher rarity and value like the trade inn in the menu

He could give you a rope for 9 grass. Or a cut stone for 9 rocks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

They were planning on a chest trading system in past.

According to the quotes they were more like planning to add the innkeeper to the The Treasury screen where you can open your chests. But for any reason they didn't do so (didn't like the result; too much work; wanted to release The Forge faster).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

According to the quotes they were more like planning to add the innkeeper to the The Treasury screen where you can open your chests. But for any reason they didn't do so (didn't like the result; too much work; wanted to release The Forge faster).

The treasury trader sounds way more erudite compared to the country living skin trader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, minespatch said:

The treasury trader sounds way more erudite compared to the country living skin trader.

Sounds like you're right, mortal. The mortals didn't hear the mortal innkeeper saying mortal at all so the innkeeper mortal wasn't supposed to become the mortal treasury mortal, mortal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Viktor234 said:

Sounds like you're right, mortal. The mortals didn't hear the mortal innkeeper saying mortal at all so the innkeeper mortal wasn't supposed to become the mortal treasury mortal, mortal.

mortal mortal mortal mortal mortal mortal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...