Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

I appreciate some of the feedback here but the "this is terrible" posts aren't super helpful. If you don't like something in particular explain why, so we can understand how you feel more. 

Saying "no fire immunity is so lame" doesn't help a lot here. Because she does get fire immunity for a period of time with a reduced damage after that. CURRENTLY it's set at Immunity for 6 second and 50% reduced damage. 

But just saying "this sucks" doesn't help us think about how to address your concerns. 

Thanks. 

Just now, JoeW said:

I appreciate some of the feedback here but the "this is terrible" posts aren't super helpful. If you don't like something in particular explain why, so we can understand how you feel more. 

Saying "no fire immunity is so lame" doesn't help a lot here. Because she does get fire immunity for a period of time with a reduced damage after that. CURRENTLY it's set at Immunity for 6 second and 50% reduced damage. 

But just saying "this sucks" doesn't help us think about how to address your concerns. 

Thanks. 

Are we able to get an explanation why she doesn't have flat out immunity 100% of the time? That's whats confusing me, at least.

59 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane.

Jeez guys Willow is now a better "TANKER" than Wigfrid!(Although it requires being insane..)

I LOVE THIS REFRESH

Also new Willow ruin rush meta is rising! With tanky bernie armies.

Just now, JoeW said:

Thanks. 

Joe, I would just like to say thank you so much for your work and the team's work. Frankly I think 6 second fire immunity is pretty fair and I can not wait to try willow out!

To updates and beyond!

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Thanks. 

First, please explain why she didn’t receive fire immunity 

Second, why do so many of these involve Bernie instead of fire

28 minutes ago, Zarklord said:
  • Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability. This doesn't seem that useful, Bernie takes BEARD HAIR, unless the recipe changes, or the sanity/warmth is ridiculous, this wont be used almost ever.

There's a reason why Bernie doesn't disappear when he reaches 0% because you can repair him with a Sewing Kit or some Trusty Tape. You don't need to stack Bernies to be safe.

19 minutes ago, Fidooop said:
  • As a drawback, make her sanity tank and maybe make her get cold if she's not regularly lighting things on fire. She's a pyromaniac she should need to light things on fire. And the challenge here is doing it responsibly so that you don't burn entire forests down.

Players would keep kicking other players picking Willow because they would know that these Willows are going to burn their world down.

11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Thanks. 

I just feel that removing her fire immunity was soely due to abuse as a griefer character. This nerf did nothing to stop griefers in general, and really just makes her useless.

I think everyone just expected permenant fire immunity like in singleplayer, the resistance perk doesn't really help much... Like at all really, and it also didn't help quell the griefer problem.

41 minutes ago, Zarklord said:
  • Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability. This doesn't seem that useful, Bernie takes BEARD HAIR, unless the recipe changes, or the sanity/warmth is ridiculous, this wont be used almost ever.

Jeez have ya ever played Willow thoroughly

You can SEW the bernie!

Where does having brief fire immunity come in handy? Larvae? This is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. You should be able to utilize burning structures and objects for sanity gain, warmth and damage to mobs, it just doesn’t work if you need to dip in and out or risk killing yourself. 

This has nothing to do with griefing anymore as any character can burn down forests and bases, Wicker can even take things a step further.

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Oh, so it was upped from the previous 3 seconds. Still, that's technically fire resistance, not full on immunity.
I just think if it were 100% all the time, Willow would benefit from it in a few ways, like in combat when fighting a burning mob, or by heating up by standing on top of a burning object so she doesn't freeze in Winter. With her new freezing penalty, it feels like she could really use that.

Honestly this one change would make me happy as a Willow main. Thanks for addressing all the feedback.

6 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Players would keep kicking other players picking Willow because they would know that these Willows are going to burn their world down.

No? Not at all. The trick Willow needs to preform is making a designated burning area that's controlled for her to have fun burning things.

2 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

What will be the benefit of total fire immunity besides the obvious?

-Ability to actually use fire in combat (setting a mob on fire and then tanking it while it's panicking)
-Ability to capitalize on Sanity Gain (ex: a bunch of burning trees in a circle, and Willow in the middle. Without immunity, and with enough items/structures, burn damage stacks and can melt through your hp regardless of resistance.)

15 minutes ago, Canis said:

They said the exact same thing with Wortox, and also Winona.

If Willow turns into a character that can constantly use fire as combat, she'd be my new main. It'd also give her a niche of being able to basically stun and make fights easier, while at the same time not putting dropped items in jeopardy.

Wortox and Winona were full releases... That's not true

If you think about it Joe reveleaved only SOME features and many of our suggestions made it to the announcement. 

As for Wortox they already adjust him.. What other proposals do you have to change him? Or Winona? 

Archived