New character this month

33 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Oh, I just got something.He is a Demon ,so he should be from different dimension in the Constant,so could be other characters from other world too ?

My guess is that Wortox either comes from the underworld, or he's actually one of the "previous gatekeepers" mentioned in the Forge. (Possibly from the Forge, or passed it by on his journey.) 

i wonder if their pros or cons will have something about stealing or something to do with the not really used naughtiness bar seriously there isn't much to that thing needs some flesh to it Wortox may be the thing to do it

also when was it said he'd be released again?

Im just gonna roll a dice and say, its either A. Tuesday or B. Thursday, but I will be majorly disappointed if we wont get any info where the hell a demon has a place in DS universe,

HEY WINONA, YOU COULD ADD THAT ONE TO THE BOARD IF YOU PLEASE

2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im just gonna roll a dice and say, its either A. Tuesday or B. Thursday, but I will be majorly disappointed if we wont get any info where the hell a demon has a place in DS universe

Don't Starve also updates on Tuesdays? :wilson_shocked:

5 minutes ago, Maknov said:

I always thought the big updates were saved exclusively for Thursdays. :o

Not always, tho usually. If I'm not mistaken, the first Forge came out on a Monday (that day seems to be the secondary "update-day" to me)

I really hope that we'll get the new char this week! :) 

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I want to find the theological implications of hell in the Constant since the Forge isn't.:wilson_sneaky:

Maybe the depths of the caves? Those empty spots sure look like a long fall. 

I also thought I heard an idea that there would be a non-human character unlocked in the caves?

image.png.9b29938189c79176a24c952cbc37a76a.png

41 minutes ago, Maknov said:

Maybe the depths of the caves? Those empty spots sure look like a long fall. 

I also thought I heard an idea that there would be a non-human character unlocked in the caves?

I recall something about that as well. The wiki has it put down as this:

'Kevin Forbes said: "I'm not against having a secret character unlock down in the depths of the cave, but it would probably end up being a more esoteric one, like Wortox or something else non-human"'

It's beyond old, but yeah, at one point. 

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i wonder if their pros or cons will have something about stealing or something to do with the not really used naughtiness bar seriously there isn't much to that thing needs some flesh to it Wortox may be the thing to do it

also when was it said he'd be released again?

I've been thinking this exact thing for quite some time actually! ^_^ I always thought it would be cool if killing innocent creatures would give bonus sanity and when he accumulates enough points to summon Krampus, he just gives you a high five and actually rewards you with gold or something instead of stealing your stuff.

35 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

when he accumulates enough points to summon Krampus, he just gives you a high five and actually rewards you with gold or something instead of stealing your stuff.

Krampus is like a vigilante that comes to punish people for being naughty by killing animals or stealing, though. Why would he reward someone for it just because they're also a demon?

Since this has sort of become a discussion thread on Wortox, I'd like to ask if anybody knows what sort of pose he's actually doing in his silhouette. I initially thought he had his hand on his chin, but the other arm still widely confused me.  Like, does he have tufts of fur on his shoulders, or are those his hands?

I'll put the photo here so you can judge for yourself without having to click the back button a bunch of times.

forum_newcharacter_small.jpg

On 15.03.2019 at 9:22 PM, cannonball 594 said:

I doubt we will get Wilton.  If all the new characters are just old ones then that would be seriously disappointing. I’m hoping wortox is the only unused character to be added

Then I feel very sorry to disappoint you. There will be added more unused characters than just Wortox.

Winnie is confirmed to be added, because there are voice files and even the "yawn" audio file (in case you are unaware, that is an emote in DST). 

I can link you the wiki page. There you go: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Characters

7 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Since this has sort of become a discussion thread on Wortox, I'd like to ask if anybody knows what sort of pose he's actually doing in his silhouette. I initially thought he had his hand on his chin, but the other arm still widely confused me.  Like, does he have tufts of fur on his shoulders, or are those his hands?

I'll put the photo here so you can judge for yourself without having to click the back button a bunch of times.

forum_newcharacter_small.jpg

His right hand is on his chin and his left hand rests in the crook of the right arm. It looks like he is smoking. This Wortox got a mane or beard - the old unused portrait of him hasn't these features.

45 minutes ago, Jynn said:

I'm having trouble finding hte post where Wortox was confirmed, can anyone link me?

Do you mean the roadmap, where the Wortox picture is from? If so, then here it is: 

If not, then was it elsewhere confirmed at all? I mean, did Klei state that the first new character will be Wortox, or is it just a (very likely) assumption?

Archived