[multi-choice poll] Common Requests for Hamlet & Beyond

What do you wish to see before Hamlet EA is over?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Hamlet Specific

• Ancient Herald unique drops
    • Unique and rewarding seasonal drops [a'la RoG]
    • More islands
    • Bigger biome diversity between islands
    • Bigger, more separate, and less dense biomes
    • Bigger pig ruins
    • City building in RoG/SW
    • Plantable tea trees spawning Pikos
    • City life, pig chatter, piglets
    • Useable house furniture [ex. beds, chairs, sanity+ objects]
    • Water beefalo babies + riding
    • Return of Warbucks [changed/unchanged]
    • More transplantable turfs
    • Destroyable jungle floor ferns
    • Aporkalypse as a separate season
    • Hamlet Teleportato
  2. 2. Difficulty & Boss Monsters

• More boss encounters
    • Forced boss encounter/s [a'la RoG]
    • More use for BFB
    • Less deadly BFB stomp
    • Higher general difficulty [ex. food scarcity/higher prices]
    • More endgame content [ex. uber boss, hard ruin level]
    • A way to reset pig ruins via a boss fight
    • Torchless pig guards
    • Easier way to farm nettles
    • Better options to deal with fog
    • Global Rabid Beetle Limit & Slower Beetles
    • Less generous economy [ex. cheaper berries]
    • Low % drop for Swashy Hat
    • Pig guards refuse to attack other pigs when contracted
  3. 3. General DS Requests & Upgrades

• Port of DST Bee Queen, Toadstool, Antlion & Klaus
    • More non-lore content ported from DST [ex. moonstone, meteors]
    • Balancing SW/Ham characters for other DLCs
    • I'd buy a separate DST-port mini-DLC if it came out alongside Hamlet
  4. 4. Additional Suggestions

• Close Wilba's mouth, she prolly has bad breath anyway
    • Make seasonal effects dissipate quicker after season change
    • Add description clarity and/or in-game hints to allow for logic-driven problem solving

I've been diligently stalking these forums ever since Hamlet's release, and there are some issues/requests people keep bringing up cyclically. I figured I'll make a poll where I tried to gather a big chunk of them (sorry if I forgot some, I'll add them if possible).

Vote for the requests/issues you feel are the ones important to you :)

EDIT: "Additional Suggestions" will have fewer votes since they're being added later after people voted already, but for the sake of clarity, they appear in the poll.

10 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I've been diligently stalking these forums ever since Hamlet's release, and there are some issues/requests people keep bringing up cyclically. I figured I'll make a poll where I tried to gather a big chunk of them (sorry if I forgot some, I'll add them if possible).

Vote for the requests/issues you feel are the ones important to you :)

Option to have Wilba not have that constant open mouth.

Spoiler

It's nitpicky but it bugs me on a spiritual level.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Why is Water Beefalo stuff under Hamlet specific. 

Well she did put Beyond in the title, so it's not just stuff we want in Hamlet, it's stuff we want in general. And the Shipwrecked forum is kinda dead.

Spoiler

Because I've been crying for the ability to ride Water boofs for the longest time. :wilson_smile:

1 minute ago, Roosev said:

I've ticked all because I'm a mad lad.

Image result for absolute mad lad gif

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Well she did put Beyond in the title, so it's not just stuff we want in Hamlet, it's stuff we want in general. And the Shipwrecked forum is kinda dead.

Hide contents

Because I've been crying for the ability to ride Water boofs for the longest time. :wilson_smile:

He means the category I put it in. In theory it should be in the last, but idk. It just... rubbed me the wrong way there, I can't explain.

I'm sorry D:

A poll option I'd add is one about seasonal effects, and how items prevent the player from getting affected by them.
Currently it's not very obvious what hat you need to make in order to prevent the respective effects. There are character quotes, but that requires you to make the hats first, and there definitely isn't enough gameplay time to make random hats and see what each one does.
In my first playthrough, I ended up bruteforcing Humid season, as I had no idea how I was supposed to avoid the fog. My first Lush season played out similarly, I guessed a gas mask could help, but couldn't locate any Peagawks for the majority of the season. It's also anyone's guess that eating nettles and seed pods briefly cures hayfever as well.

I want more economic additions. Like making a special banker design. Hamlet was something I wanted to see from the Gorge.:wilson_smile:

If Klei checks out the game Swards and Potions 2(the first game is alright), there's some mechanics I'd love to see transported.

Maybe even a chance to own a shop! We could be a general store!577b34af67d58_arielsquee.png.8de2cd16c5d2465959c1f664a154ad50.png

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I want more economic additions. Like making a special banker design. Hamlet was something I wanted to see from the Gorge.:wilson_smile:

Honestly, I'd just settle for a bank where I can keep all of my money in, at the slight risk of a bandit sneaking in and occasionally nicking some of it.

3 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

It's also anyone's guess that eating nettles and seed pods briefly cures hayfever as well.

Where ma antihistamines at? Seriously, does the Pig civilization not have Claritin?

Spoiler

So apparently nettles are a type of antihistamine...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19140159

Spoiler

Even though IRL nettles don't look like DS nettles

image.thumb.jpeg.75c3caf67b49876e8f0fab4e227aa141.jpeg

And it's best consumed in a tea.

It's kinda a double edged sword, not everybody knows medicinal herbs to treat seasonal allergies. That's what hay fever is by the way; it's just seasonal allergies, typically brought on by pollen allergens. It's non-misnomer name is Allergic rhinitis.

sipp.png.a8fabd4c892c9e87e5c62007ed3af3dd.png

Spoiler

Stop the spread of archaic and misnomer names in my good Duplicant Don't Starve game.

deepfried_1549765033254.png.83f117bba49b1c2cf515b9010b3e7e0f.png

Honestly Klei, fix your game.

Spoiler

This is a joke, please don't smite me Klei gods. 

crysipp.png.4caf634354beeebdcd43ffbfae41f2c4.png

One pig issue I have with the DLC is that that artifact reward are always the same for every dungeon, which always pays out in 10 oincs.

I would like to see more focus on bigger dungeons with more traps, and maybe rare artifact items that need to be put together, or can be crafted into new materials.

Bringing back some of the excitement of going deep into the vanilla game caves, to fight hard enemies that payout in rare materials, for rare super powered items.

Doesn't feel great to see another artifact, go back to the city, trade the artifact in, buy a sandwich.

Hamlet is suffering from the same problem Shipwrecked has:

Lots of GREAT NEW CONTENT that is SUPER INTERESTING, with AMAZING ART... but none of it is integrated with old content, and there's less to do than in vanilla survival. In my first world of Hamlet I had seen almost everything it had to offer, even if I didn't yet have a chance to take advantage of it all.

I want them to go whole hog with the dungeons, I don't care much for the city building and house deco (as those are things that go against the core design of the game...), but dungeons are a fun mechanic that bring spelunking into the spotlight, rather than just being a late game venture.

I’d personally like to see the pig villages to be given a little bit more life. Like, imagine if there were things you could only ever get from the pig village. Like, if you had to pay a blacksmith, get them the materials they need, and wait two or three days for them to make it to be able to make a sword or something. It’d really liven up the place. 

Plus, it’s always bothered me that the civilized pigs make that our survivors cobble together the exact same way. They weave backpacks into the same shape, they make crude razors out of rocks and sticks, and they cook the same dragon pies we do. While I’m fine with it as it is, as it’d be one heck of a strain on the artists, it’d be amazing to have little alternate skins for things in the pig village. I think it’d add a whole ton to the civilized asthetic.

It’s probably only a dream though, or a mod for the future. What would an axe made by a pig look like anyway? 

I'd diverse options a little. For example I want baby water boofs but idc about riding. 

Also things I'd add to that pole:

-rabid beetles dying off after humid season

-1 more character (that's not Warbucks/ has his perks)

-More ambiance for ruins etc

-More ruins content:  human and pig skeletons, floded rooms, more variety in ruins entrances 

-More music (deep jungle, entering the city etc)

-Special event when aporcalypse starts: theme, lightning strike, herald's demonic roar that echoes through the world.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-More ruins content:  human and pig skeletons, floded rooms, more variety in ruins entrances

Flooded rooms sound sick. They could either pull it off like SW's flooding (Having a wet floor and be slowed while gaining wetness) or a room with walkable borders and water tiles on the inside you'd need a boat for. (Perfect use for Cork Canoe as you can pick it up.)

HAM

Don’t make the bosses in the   shipwrecked level (easy-boring)

New season there is only 3

Humid season need changes (filter is annoying)

Aporklypse need changes too, no one would turn it on if there is no reward for survining it.

Cap the number of bats to (10-12) 

Can guard pigs torch don’t set stuff on fire.

pig shops should reset every 5- days

Close wilba mouth 

SW

Walani and woodleg need to be useful outside SW

Revert Warly nerf or buff him

let us ride ballphin

RoG

Change Bundling wrap blueprint drop, it should be more harder to get other than killing bees

Exclusive RoG caves boss, when you kill him he will reset ruins.

Maybe add meteor for moonstone.

Potter wheels

Archived