Winters feast extended till the 24th!!

22 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Extended to the 24th!! Let the loot continue to rain! 

Yes. Yes. YES!!!

...I however kinda regret unraveling all those Snowfallen skins from on this point, though. Chances are, the random number god will bestow me with Webber's Snowfallen elegant head the day after I turned his clothes into spools...

On 09.01.2019 at 8:18 PM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Some of you peeps really like exaggerating.

Was ANR free? Was Forge free? Was Gorge free? Was ReForge free as well? Did they give Halmet free to beta-testers?! (admittedly Hamlet is very buggy, got delayed once and wasn't really in tip-top condition, not by far, for second final proposed release date either - all valid critique, but!) Were all events extended, this one included? Were skins obtainable free, only by playing too?

Is "yes" the answer to all above? Hmmm. What a fine way to "gives no satisfaction to customers", ey?!

Ofc there are certain problems with DST, also from what we can deduce maybe with Klei time efficiency/management, yet from there to what some of you commenting here suggest.. hmm. Not really.

If you want an example of big company basically telling their customers to go F-themselves look no further than EA CCO Patrick Soderlund's "If You Don’t Like it, Don’t Buy it" regarding controversy around Battlefield 5 SJW-catering nonsense and the backlash it brought from fans - and as everyone should know, fans are most avid customers, d'uh!

AMEN! also all of the events being free prooves there is no bankrupt. It's just silly. If I were to bankrupt I would milk every money I can. 

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

I'm rather sick of the event foods polluting our world

Apple Cider & Hot Cocoa are really useful during Winter: Doesn't rot and grants +15 temperature.

Heavenly Eggnog on the other hand can be used for Summer.

2 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

They should rot.

Having Rot instead of candies isn't that much better and getting rot that easily would be way too op.

3 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

when they're piled along a bunch of teeth, hairs, rots, poops and I'm on a ruins trip without a second to lose let alone a slot to spare? I don't think so.

Then let eyeplants eat them when you have free time

2 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

when they're piled along a bunch of teeth, hairs, rots, poops and I'm on a ruins trip without a second to lose let alone a slot to spare? I don't think so.

Go to '[Don't Starve Together] Mods and Tools' and ask somebody to make you a client mod which prevents your character from picking up candies.

JoeW you're so sweet I don't even know what to say. Burned out with DST for a long time, waiting to see what new updates bring, but it doesn't stop me from following all this. You're like canadian uncle who pays us a visit, sits down on their favourite armchair with his pipe ready, puts in monocle and reads another interesting story or something.

You guys really deserve that Steam award, I hope you'll get it. I don't really know the team, especially the part outside of DS(T) but I'm sure that everyone is just as great!

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I kinda wish there was more consistency with event dates. It seems like the time they start, and the amount of time they run for, varies a lot from year to year. It also seems kinda odd that nearly every event gets extended as well...

Just more proof (not that any was needed) that the internet at large is an inexhaustible source of complaints and made up problems. "What?! This stupid developer has extended another free event?! That's terrible! Why is the end date not the same as in 2013?! How am I supposed to keep track of this chaos?! I have to reset the alarm that I set back in 2013 in the expectation that the dates would never change! And why is this event running for 25 days, when in 2015 an event with the same name ran for 24 days?! Madness!"

1 hour ago, Majestix said:

Just more proof (not that any was needed) that the internet at large is an inexhaustible source of complaints and made up problems. "What?! This stupid developer has extended another free event?! That's terrible! Why is the end date not the same as in 2013?! How am I supposed to keep track of this chaos?! I have to reset the alarm that I set back in 2013 in the expectation that the dates would never change! And why is this event running for 25 days, when in 2015 an event with the same name ran for 24 days?! Madness!"

We are creatures of habit and given the chance we feel the need to pack all in neatly "boxes" with predictable outcome. A paradox given also the tendency of thrill-seeking.

6 hours ago, Majestix said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad that the event was extended. All I'm saying is that with all the events being extended every the time, it's hard to trust the first end date they give you. Again, my comment was about consistency. It seems like most of the time they're extended because they start the event a little late.

Archived