Preview Stream

Kevin

• Developer

Today was the first day that we had all of the moving parts in order to see how winter works. In sandbox, if you prepare carefully, it is survivable. In adventure mode, it was a bloodbath. In one of the later levels you actually start out in winter with a very limited inventory. You have to run from tree to tree, lighting things on fire to gain enough warm to stay alive. It's a mad dash to collect all of the teleportato pieces and get the heck out of there, all while being stalked by MacTusk and wee laddie MacTusk, or even the Deerclops. I think we may have found the upper ceiling for difficulty. It's a good thing we have about 6 weeks left to tune it :)

Today was the first day that we had all of the moving parts in order to see how winter works. In sandbox, if you prepare carefully, it is survivable. In adventure mode, it was a bloodbath. In one of the later levels you actually start out in winter with a very limited inventory. You have to run from tree to tree, lighting things on fire to gain enough warm to stay alive. It's a mad dash to collect all of the teleportato pieces and get the heck out of there, all while being stalked by MacTusk and wee laddie MacTusk, or even the Deerclops. I think we may have found the upper ceiling for difficulty. It's a good thing we have about 6 weeks left to tune it :)

My god i can't wait to invite MacTusk to my tea party! :DAnd Deerclops is just gonna ruin it! :D

Today was the first day that we had all of the moving parts in order to see how winter works. In sandbox, if you prepare carefully, it is survivable. In adventure mode, it was a bloodbath.

In one of the later levels you actually start out in winter with a very limited inventory. You have to run from tree to tree, lighting things on fire to gain enough warm to stay alive. It's a mad dash to collect all of the teleportato pieces and get the heck out of there, all while being stalked by MacTusk and wee laddie MacTusk, or even the Deerclops.

I think we may have found the upper ceiling for difficulty. It's a good thing we have about 6 weeks left to tune it :)

Yesssssssss. And it's separate from sandbox so it (hopefully) won't get nerfed to the gound.

Cannot wait.

I need to know.... you guys keep saying MacTusk hunts you, is the bush hat a viable means of escaping him (them)?

Damn, that sounds nuts.

Welp, I'm gonna die.And I mean that in the happiest way possible.

This sounds like music to my ears,bringing back the uncompromising to the uncompromising wilderness survival game that is Don't Starve :) Winter combining a lack of food and being dapper,hell I can't wait!Bring on the challenge!Also,MacTusk junior and senior look awesome,al be it less noblemanly than expected :p But heck I'm not gonna tell 'em that,since paps MacTusk looks menacing...And the ice hounds will accompany the lads in ye hunt for wee laddie Wilson right?

Triple YES! Oh man, I can't wait to try it out.

I couldn't make it home in time to watch the stream, will there still be a trailer? or can someone sum up interesting things from the stream?

Winter Live Stream Event Details

Who: Klei Devs + You + Riptide Pow = Great Success!What: Exclusive early look at the next Winter update! Ask us questions!When: Monday Feb 25th - 11:00am PST (2:00pm EST).Where: RiptidePow's Twitch.tv channel.Why: For science!

Followed the link to RiptidePow's place and watched part of the last recorded stream.I have this to say:- I can see he likes the game and is happy to be the one testing it so is gonna be good.- I can connect via Facebook so is gonna be easy to join and no names taken, but I will have to add my Nick to my Facebook.- He lights the fire as soon as dusk starts and loads it with wood right away. You noob D<