Your most enjoyable time in game?

For me it was in the very beginning when just  surviving winter was the goal.   I remember the sheer terror of hounds and used to hide behind a ridiculous number of tooth traps between walls with a marble suit on scared that one may make it through.

Today after thousands of game days I'm bored.   I decided to make the game fresh again by doing night only and it's been great. To make it even harder after that I may start in winter as well.

I think that would be when I started actually not die so often and could actually hold my own even though it was limited but I was finally getting used to Wes and crafting magic items. Getting used to Warly was pretty fun as well 

Was epic when i first started to play didnt know a lot about the game i started to survive a couple of days then around 15 days then i learned to build a base on the savannah to catch rabbits for food until i was able to reach winter then i just stayed at base scared of freezing until Deerclops appeared and one shot me i remember that haha

Yeah I remember my first Deerklops, at the time I had a lot of tooth traps, he partially destroyed my base but the tooth traps got him.   I had no idea what to do with the eyeball lol.  I first survived by picking stuff then I learned the "amazing" trick of using rabbit traps but that lead to Krampuses.  Eventually I figured out farming, it wasn't until I had survived over 200 days that I started using a fridge and crock pots, meatballs was a great discovery.  

When everyone listens to me and does exactly what I say and doesn't annoy me:

- don't talk to me about stuff not pertaining to the game (like I really don't want to hear about a movie you saw or that time you went out with your friends)

- don't follow me everywhere (I need personal space)

- don't lag at the base (actually contribute)

- no griefers

- you're independent

As for me personally: I personally had the most fun trying to overcome something.  Like when I was trying to survive Winter and thinking of strategies to have enough food for it.  Then I tried to last over 100 days on DS vanilla and it got boring for me.  Soon, DS RoG came out and it was fun navigating Spring and Summer.  Making umbrellas, straw hats, and a lot of nets for frogs in the Spring.  Then making Ice Flingos, endothermic fire pit, and eventually going in the caves for Summer.  I went into Shipwrecked and had a blast there.  After all of that, DS:T came out, and I had to play with my brother and compliment his playing style with my playing style.  Then we went online and played with different people and go new perspectives and learned new things.  Those were the fun times.  Hopefully Shipwrecked for DS Together comes out and I can play with my brother while learning new things from other people.

17 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I went into Shipwrecked and had a blast there.  After all of that, DS:T came out

think dst was before sw

so you guys like the point where you didn't know the game well? how's that? the joy of realizing that game has more to offer if you earn it?

Spoiler

actually, think it has diminishing returns in that way, so, could be understandable

4 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

so you guys like the point where you didn't know the game well? how's that? the joy of realizing that game has more to offer if you earn it?

I can firmly say that the most enjoyment I've had from any video game in a long time was learning how to play Don't Starve. Adding a friend in the mix just made it a completely unforgettable experience for me, and if I could erase any memory of one game, it would be this one, just so I could learn how to do it again.

Honestly it has to be the mid to late game stuff like whats in ANR that's the most fun for me. Simply because I'm one of those people that researches probably way to much before obtaining a game if I even end up getting it. (which is VERY rare for me I might add DST being one of those rare occurrences) So I dodged the massive bullet of fun that came with a learning curve towards most of the early parts of the game. However what has been fun for me is with that knowledge to cover for lack of heavy play time in the game I quickly made friends with people on servers that were much more experienced and it's allowed me to do some pretty cool stuff in the mid to late game that I only dreamed of being able to do at first. I mean I play a world with some friends where we actually were able to enter the ruins and while I knew a lot about the ruins and everything in it the experience was surprisingly entertaining and still mysterious yet super fun! Not to mention a large majority of the DST player base doesn't experience that kind of content due to not being able to survive that long. So put simply I traded out a fun learning curve for getting a first hand experience of end-game play right off that bat of which massively helps to prolong my interest in this game!

Put in English and not rant form: I did research and missed out on a lot of learning curve but the end game content and fun with ANR helps to make up for it and was by far some of the most intense and enjoyable experience I've had playing the game (not to mention the cool people and awesome community I got meet while doing it all!)  

Unexpected large amounts of something that shouldn't be in large amounts. So basically when this game is unpredictable it's great. 

Though gotta say... bamboozling Seth and Jamie with the bush hat on stream is still one of my favourite things I've ever done. Too bad that's lost in time due not being properly recorded :') 

For some reason I Love gathering resources like wood and rocks. It's mostly because the feling of me not having to chop some wood for a fire when there's a dearclops inside you base. I also like it because its pretty nice to listen to Autumn  and winter soundtracks or playing my own.

But other than that it's my brother HELPING ME instead of cooking ICE after being told not to... (and he's 11)

Oh also boss fighting without Wolfgang 

Beta DST was so fun at the time, it had mechanics that didn't make it in the official release & there were so many players that I met at the start that taught me things I wouldn't have considered at the time. (If you're still out there thank you for making me the pro I am today) I also enjoy the huge raids when nobody knew how to fight any of the New Regin bosses. (So many players died in those fights, it felt so epic after we barely survived each boss)

One more: Those times when I'm at the base and I'm just chilling during night time and everything is going great, I have thermal stones and jerky for Deerclops I have a ton of meatballs and life is just great.

But then the game backstabs me and I realize all my meat is spoiling.

When I finally started to get a handle on things by myself. An acquaintance of mine kind of ... well treated me like a baby because I had no idea what I was doing. I felt stupid for the longest time then, when I started playing on my own and figured out how to survive on my own, I think that was one of the funnest times I have had since not only did I improve but I was actually having fun vs being talked down to.

Also, when my buddy Storm go into it. One of the best days ever.

Archived