Aileen-Rose

Survive the Shadows

796 posts in this topic

Welcome! :D No offense but I didn't expect you to join the forums. I thought since you hadn't already joined, it wasn't really your thing (or you didn't know about it). Anyway it's good to see you here :) now you can kinda get to know us on a more personal level if you wanted to.

I still have yet to see your more recent stuff on DA. My internet went down for 3 days and I haven't had a chance to start on the 90+ notifs I have ^^'

On 7/16/2016 at 3:26 AM, Mobbstar said:

uh... uh..

image.png?w=400&c=1

just... everything?

Minimal Spamming.png

I figure I'll go about it like this. I'll do a daily post about something be it animation, story, etc. I'll try to have variety in posts though some might be a sequence of stuff that all links together. Just all depends what it is I want to talk about that day. If something gets requested then I'll talk about that. If not, then I'll just keep to my schedule. The only days I won't be posting are Sundays since those are days that I take a break from doing heavy work and from online stuff. (Today is an exception since I wanted to post this yesterday but things weren't working properly on my end.) So yeah. Plan is tomorrow I'm doing a post on some BTS stuff for Welcome to the Shadows. What that stuff is you'll have to wait and see.

So yeah, if you find something you want me to expand on, by all means, let me know. I'd be more than happy to talk about it. Because while I have my plans, there may be something that might not have crossed my mind. So, there ya go.

Catch ya later!

- Aileen Rose

4 people like this

Are you gonna post your Survive the Shadows story and additional comics here? (I mean I assume so but...)

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Are you gonna post your Survive the Shadows story and additional comics here? (I mean I assume so but...)

Story Stack.png

Oh yeah I totally will though two questions on that matter.

Should I copy and paste stories here on posts or just copy and paste the links to the FF.net version under the chapter covers?

Should I have a separate thread for just the story so it doesn't get lost under all the other posts I have planned for this thing or should I just keep it under this one despite that fact?

I need opinions. PLEASE. Whatever would be easier for you guys.

2 people like this

I might leave that up to the other members ^^; you could always start a poll to make things easier?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Story Stack.png

packing too much.png

Hey, something we both have in common(the piles of art in my house I need to organize and such, sheesh).arielgoesheh.png

So yeah, looking forward to what you have to post in this thread. You seem to have a lot going into this project so good luck on it's future. The Klei forums is a warm community, we're all at edge and excitement with what you have to bring to the table.

4 people like this

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

I'll do a daily post about something be it animation, story, etc.

I'll do a daily post about something

do a daily post

daily post

daily

Oh boy!

I sincerely don't mind if you just link to FF. Depends on what is better for you.

A seperate thread is a good idea. Storm has started one already, so maybe you can just use that one.

3 people like this

Question: Now that you do know what Charlie actually looks like, will you be doing a few changes while keeping the your original concept? O__O

Also, have you heard about the William Carter Puzzles? (I bet you already have... it's where Charlie's face first made an appearance)

Also, welcome (again) :)

2 people like this

I know you probably might not watch it but there's a great South Park documentary called "6 days to air" which goes into the process of each episode. Due to how fast they make the episodes, your description on how you feel toward the end of each process makes me think of Trey Parker and Matt Stones "crashing days" so I highly understand what you mean.

I'm really glad you have the patience, freedom, and time to make these projects. The quality from the execution shows the care you put into these projects.

1 person likes this

I have a question: Why did you opt for (kind of) proper lip synching instead of flashing four or five "talk faces" like the game does? It would have probably required some more "faces" for the quieter and slower parts, but still less than drawing twenty to fourty frames.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

I have a question: Why did you opt for (kind of) proper lip synching instead of flashing four or five "talk faces" like the game does? It would have probably required some more "faces" for the quieter and slower parts, but still less than drawing twenty to fourty frames.

I'm pretty sure there are only two frames for Wilson's talking facial animation. Also, I doubt that would work well with facial expressions and it looks much better.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

- If you pay attention, Wilson's hair moves sometimes in accordance to his expression. (See the animation above, his hair kind of curls back when he's angry.) It was a way of helping the character be more expressive.

I just noticed that when I saw that frame sheet :p

Also, I'm interested to see how the process of animation and lip syncing works (since I'll be starting a course next year on animation :) ).

1 person likes this

I can totally see Jack Carter as Leonardo DiCaprio now(*Though I really want Christoph Waltz*).|D.png

1 person likes this