[Game Update] - 297718

• Developer
  • Further work on build menu building icon line weights
  • Slicksters no longer freeze if they can't reach their favourite pee spot
  • Pufts no longer get confused if there's a door above them when they try to poop
  • Duplicant portraits fixed in most screens
  • Suits and other equipment should properly restore its visuals and effects when an astronaut leaves a rocket
  • Items on Pedestals will no longer be invisible after a save/load.
  • Astronauts should unassign from a rocket module on the first try now.
  • Potted Plants' decor bonus will correctly restore after wilting
  • Updated animations for the Fish Relocator
  • Fixed a layering issue with the Neural Vacillator
  • Partial optimization of fetch chores
  • Duplicants will now sleep in their beds on load
  • Secondary ports (e.g. on filters) will correctly restrict overlapping placement
  • Fixed more cases where dupe-operated production buildings were stalling out
  • Fix a crash in production buildings
  • Kiln recipes are named by output now
  • Smart Battery and similar buildings now allow text input
  • "Copy Settings" works for dupe-operated production buildings
  • New animation for the Critter Sensor
  • Paintings and Sculptures now rely on Job traits rather than Creativity skill to create ugly/mediocre/materpiece artworks. (Creativity skill still affects the "work time" for completion.)
  • Overhaul of decor values for the new decor items, as well as tech tree positioning and build menu grouping.
  • New strings for the decor items
  • Added "Master Artist" for creating highest-tier decor
  • Added new flower pots
  • Canvases now require fibres to construct.
  • Tech items should no longer be "off the end" of the research screen scroll area
  • Updated artwork on the sculptures
  • Decor no longer passes through mesh/airflow tiles, but still passes through windows.
  • Moulding Tile is now Trimming Tile, and is no longer a tile but a ceiling decoration.
  • Baby Puft now blinks correctly
  • "Raw Metal" renamed "Metal Ore" to reduce confusion with "Raw Mineral"
  • Work-in-progress variations for sculptures
  • More fixes for crashes on load
  • Fix for game hanging when rockets land
  • Rockets now are created with generated names.

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Oh, so much Pottery! And am I glad that the crown moulding is suitable for 4 tile high rooms.

However it's a little large problem that nothing else can be placed when there is Moulding. Hanging pots can be but nothing can be placed in them.

The 42 Decor (6 decor x 7 pieces) may be neat if one has not paintings yet but I am afraid... please let your metrics tell you if they get used, I can not fathom.

Wall Pots can not be flipped to attach to right walls? Oh, it automatically flips after placing, slightly confusing.

And still no Corners? (Also Artifacts, how do you get them? I sure saw their code but I did not find any yet)

Thanks for allowing text input for batteries and alike!

and now, since also Canvas do require Reed Fiber, you should reconsider the 160kg of polluted water per cycle/160-320kg per Fiber.

That's about it for now, from me~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Decor no longer passes through mesh/airflow tiles, but still passes through windows.

Awwwww....   

Haha, jk.  I mean it does mean I have to do some rebuilds, but it's a good idea.  And in amongst the rest of this is nbd either way.

For the rest, huzzah!  Awesome how much attention is paid to user concerns.  This is how Early Access should be.

36 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

and now, since also Canvas do require Reed Fiber, you should reconsider the 160kg of polluted water per cycle/160-320kg per Fiber.

That's an interesting question.  It's kind of a one time cost, unlike food, but now there are so many more things that use it that reducing the cost might make sense.  Though doing so too much feels like it would devalue all the work needed to get dreckos to properly work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Having to build and remove paintings 3 times to upgrade them is not something the current system is designed to make fun.

that's how it use to be back before the job update

getting "masterpiece" quality artwork on first try was getting boring

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WanderingKid said:

Letting your artist re-use a canvas instead of your entire build staff getting involved would be preferable.

can't please everyone

if we did that some one might complain the physics isn't realistic as artists today don't paint over "used" canvases  

Edited by Neotuck
I stand corrected
  • Haha 2

Seems to me that the metal refinery is a bit borked now? In my game, dupes can continue producing items before it fills up with coolant, but the outgoing coolant gets progressively hotter and hotter. I have 70 degree petroleum going into it, and the first two fabrications produces 180-200 degree petro, but every fabrication after that increases the temperature by some 40 degrees. By the end of a day, it was outputting 480 degree petro. And as far as I could see, it was still outputting the full amount too, not smaller packages.

30 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Having to build and remove paintings 3 times to upgrade them is not something the current system is designed to make fun.

Would really like more options to build on top of or upgrade existing structures rather than destroy then build eg. build advanced tiles on basic tile does this. A little related, would like a way to move/transport buildings. Such a nice list in this QoL update, thanks.

15 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

can't please everyone

if we did that some one might complain the physics isn't realistic as artists today don't paint over "used" canvases  

Oh yes they do. Frequently.

• Like 1

• Developer
23 minutes ago, krop said:

and sadly, this introduces the same issue as for the generated seed names: it only works with the english grammar :(

This time around I tried including some "formats" for the generation so it can be more easily customized per language (e.g. STRINGS.NAMEGEN.ROCK.FMT_*** strings). Let me know if this helps or not so we can work accordingly in the future!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

This time around I tried including some "formats" for the generation so it can be more easily customized per language (e.g. STRINGS.NAMEGEN.ROCK.FMT_*** strings). Let me know if this helps or not so we can work accordingly in the future!

any combinaison of {Adjective} + {Noun} or {Prefix} + {Noun} will fail if I translate the terms.

The only alternative is to do what the german translator did: not translating STRINGS.NAMEGEN.*.

For the rockets name, only using {Noun} + {Suffix} would work

Edited by krop

38 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

can't please everyone

I guess all artist's is always filthy rich that they can just use and throwaway.

Or maybe not...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added new flower pots

I'm liking the new pots

the Aero Pots needs to be tweaked a little, the plants are unrealistically floating above the dirt

can you lower them in the next hot fix?

20181203190756_1.thumb.jpg.5a5d890b9b77e917759d8bc0b19816c6.jpg

Edited by Neotuck
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I'm liking the new pots

the Aero Pots needs to be tweaked a little, the plants are unrealistically floating above the dirt

can you lower them in the next hot fix?

Please don't. I want to call this design choice "avant garde" and....

Spoiler

make fun of it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4