Cheating Forge

Tendarone

A client side mod in steam workshop that people taking advantage of to get to the leaderboard. what i want to know is why eveyone using such thing! it's breaking the game and taking the fun part away, and i believe there should be no leaderboard and no tournament as long as such mod is out there.

1 hour ago, malthazen said:

people already using script way before the mod introduced tho, but i do agree that klei should do something about this and cleanse the leaderboard from script runners 

Well...you definitely phrased it better on the mod page. :wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.d66879feb027df2908d6aaf090da405d.png

Spoiler

This was a joke, plz no ban.

Spoiler

...you elitist scum. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

As ( famous ) JohnWatson said , this mod just allows faster attacking...

It doesn't do anything more because you can do the same faster attacking.

You've never see this thing in action, I take it? It spams attacks far, FAR faster than using mouse clicks can do, on much farther away targets at that.

Things like this are why mods need to be forcibly disabled for event servers. You'd still get people using programs akin to cheat engine, but at least garbage like this won't end up on the workshop.

My two cent on this particular topic are quite honestly that Klei completely disables rapid fire from the forge. 

Yes it's a nice feature, BUT if gameplay is affected by people using scripts rather than pure skill I think Klei should intervene and guarantee the integrity of the leaderscore.

Just like the last year's forge. 

Unfortunately, Klei don't forbid any client-side mod and don't even check the game resource completeness before the game start. 

So the easiest way to speed up your attack rate is just modify your local script file. 

As for the leaderboard. I think it just a leaderboard. It dosen't prove anything even your team is on it. 

You can't beat a team with all member using scripts or macros since when they have stolen your strategy from your videos. 

It's just like you can't beat any TAS in any video game. 

13 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

this mod just allows faster attacking

It's not so easy as you think. there are some team, they just modified the local script files. (By mod or just by modifying the local file)

the Forge is Async architecture. all the logic is just Send some RPC to the server. SO there is not way to avoid this 'cheating' unless Klei apply a more strict server-side check.

As far as I know, the server-side validating is so weak. 

Honestly, the faster attack speed has been known since the last Forge event. If it was such a problem Klei would have patched the animation canceling and cleared the leaderboards already. And it's not doing anything that can't be done manually. So it's more of an accessibility feature more so then actual cheating.

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, the faster attack speed has been known since the last Forge event. If it was such a problem Klei would have patched the animation canceling and cleared the leaderboards already. And it's not doing anything that can't be done manually. So it's more of an accessibility feature more so then actual cheating.

"Accessibility feature"? Well there's a justification for cheating I've never heard before. It's not like this is something for people with poor mobility. It's a cheat. Even the mod author blatantly labeled it "cheat".

30 minutes ago, Xehanightmare said:

"Accessibility feature"? Well there's a justification for cheating I've never heard before. It's not like this is something for people with poor mobility. It's a cheat. Even the mod author blatantly labeled it "cheat".

This would fall into the term "exploit" rather than "cheat".

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

I was amazed,'cause I knew the existence of macros which can make hit&run fast(not attack fast tween two aims)without any operation.

In fact,I knew the operation of quick atk tween two aims last year,I've thought the of script would come one day,but I was shocked when I knew the details.

A few minutes after I watched the operation of the anchor,I thought he's a noob. All members of his room passed the game with a lot of damage made by the script,it'can't be made by a normal man,even fast acting teens.

It's worse that they are proud in third on the ranking top team with their mean cheating skills.

I recorded one part of their process and went undercover for one copy of proof.

Here the record link:https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583

and the undercover part:https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583/?p=2

I will translate and make subtitle if it's necessary.

I don't think it's fair for someone want to get the top rank,isn't it

@JoeW @nome

This exploit can be easily fixed by changing the stategraph state or player controller and ignoring player input until the attack animation ends or by implementing a hidden cooldown in the item itself.

But this exploit has been in the game since last Forge so it's not going away, I guess.

1 minute ago, JohnWatson said:

the author of Cheating Forge needs to have his existence revoked for tainting the sanctity of the forge leaderboard

because of cheaters, these vile shameless beings, the leaderboard has been cruelly violated and stripped of all the worth it once had

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

I was amazed,'cause I knew the existence of macros which can make hit&run fast(not attack fast tween two aims)without any operation.

In fact,I knew the operation of quick atk tween two aims last year,I've thought the of script would come one day,but I was shocked when I knew the details.

A few minutes after I watched the operation of the anchor,I thought he's a noob. All members of his room passed the game with a lot of damage made by the script,it'can't be made by a normal man,even fast acting teens.

It's worse that they are proud in third on the ranking top team with their mean cheating skills.

I recorded one part of their process and went undercover for one copy of proof.

Here the record link:https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583

and the undercover part:https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583/?p=2

I will translate and make subtitle if it's necessary.

I don't think it's fair for someone want to get the top rank,isn't it

1 hour ago, Xehanightmare said:

Again, I would like to put emphasis on the fact that this is something you can do manually without the mod. You can cancel your attacking animation by moving or hitting another target. The mod just does that automatically for you. So that just makes it more accessible to more people as it can put a lot of strain on your hands. Even if the mod was removed from steam, and scrips stopped working, ect, ect... it'll still be something that's possible to do. I'm just trying to say that this mod isn't really cheating as it doesn't let you do anything that you can't do otherwise.

Here, let me make a comparison to the base game. Would you consider a seasonal clock to be cheating? Yeah, it's normally hidden from the player, but with a little bit of math you can figure out how many days are left of the current season you're in. It's the same thing really. In both cases here, you have a task that you could do for yourself. But conveniently enough, you have something that does it for you.

I'd also like to mention that I'm against cheating as well... but if Klei is aware of it (and this has existed and been known since the first forge), and they still do nothing... could this really still be considered a cheat?

Archived